Sequel: As I Lay Dying
Status: Complete

Humorous Love

Amazed

The week following was tough and tiring, and I'm not talking about the classes. Everyday Harry brought me to his lessons with Dumbledore, which I managed to get to without my boyfriend or friends noticing. Fred would ask why I was always so tired but I'd just say cause of quidditch, when the real reason was because I was performing spells that only adults could. Which took up all my energy, especially when trying to keep up with Harry. He had knocked me out about ten times or more this week. At least Dumbledore gave us Fridays off, so that we could get ready and have fun at the ball.

"You guys need to hurry up!" Harry called from the outside of the bathroom door, "Us guys are here waiting, we might just leave you."

"Well then wouldn't you look lonely?" Hermione said, pulling at my hair. I had agreed to have her do my hair, since she was good at it. While Jenny did the makeup.

They forced me to wear heels, which you should never give to a clumsy person, like myself. They were black and high enough that I felt like I was going to fall. I was probably Fred’s height in them. Speaking of him, I haven’t seen him since our last class. Leaving me lonely, with two girls giving me the makeover of a life time.

“Your makeup‘s done, it looks great!” Jenny said, turning to look at herself in the mirror behind me. “How do I look?”

“You look great, like always.” I said as she stood in front of me.

Her makeup was done dark, but light at the same time. Her hair was straightened and flowed down her back, along with the dress she had bought previously, which we all knew George would love. She looked good in it too, Hermione even approved. Speaking of Hermione, she was dressed in a pink dress that hung off her shoulders and draped down to her knees. Her hair was in a half up, half down look in waves. Both of them looked pretty, and compared to me, I would probably look awful.

“You both look great,”

“Thanks,” Hermione smiled, “Okay, your done,” she said spinning the chair I was sitting in to look in the mirror.

I was amazed. My hair was done perfectly, as if I had a pro do it. It was beautifully done half up and half down, accompanied with white flowers. My natural wavy hair was done in big curls, making it look extravagant. My dress looked perfect with it, along with my black heels. Making me tower over Hermione. My makeup was different, it had its usual eyeliner, but was dressed with brown almost gold eye shadow. My lips were covered with gloss for once, and blush was spread along my cheeks. I looked amazing, I couldn’t recognize myself half the time.

“Do you like?” the girls chorused from either side of me.

“I love it, thanks you guys!” I pulled them both into a hug. I then turned and placed my grandmothers pearl bracelet around my wrist and my silver butterfly necklace around me neck. Everything flowed so perfectly together with thedress.

The three of us looked at ourselves in the mirror before stepping out into the bedrooms. All the girls in the room getting ready complimented us, as we made our way to the door. We were then greeted with voices coming from down in the common room, boy voices to be more precise. All waiting for their dates to hurry up.

Jenny and Hermione walked down the staircase first, while I waited behind trying to fix the strap of my heel. I could hear everyone compliment how good they looked and even heard George give out a whistle. I laughed at that and walked down the staircase myself. However, the room went silent.

Once I was at the bottom of the staircase, I couldn’t help but blush at the reaction of everyone in the room. It was silent, only light whispers filled in the space. I looked around at everyone, their eyes wide and gawking at me. I then saw Fred, and he stared back at me. His smile was bright, as he beamed.

“Uh, Hi guys,” I said through the silence. This seemed to get them back into reality, and I was welcomed with compliments and hellos. I smiled at everyone as Fred walked over to me.

“You look..” Fred trailed off looking away from my eyes, to glance over me.

“Ugly, horrid, crappy?” I pitched in as he struggled to find the words.

“No, you look amazing. Beautiful like always,” he said causing me to smile and blush. He wrapped his arm around my waist as he led me over to our group of friends.

“Krysta, you look amazing.” Ron and Harry said with sweet smiles, and like the first day of classes, their jaws were dropped.

“Thank you,” I said, shying into Fred’s side.

“I agree,” George said letting go of Jenny to give me a side hug.

“Thanks, Georgie.” I laughed, smiling at Jenny and Hermione. They nodded at me, noticing the thanks in my eyes.

“So who‘s ready to party!?” Jenny yelled a little louder then she should have.

We all let out a cheer as we walked through the port hole and into the hallway. The light was dim in the halls, and every so often you would see flashes from cameras. I walked beside Fred, while Jenny and George walked hand and hand in front of us. Hermione, Ron, and Harry ahead of them.

All the guys were dressed in nice dress robes, black with black ties. They all looked great, especially Fred. His hair was a little messy like I liked it to be, making him look cute like usual. His emerald eyes glistened in the dim light of the hallways.

As we came closer to the dining room, we could hear the loud beat of music. It wasn’t the usual classical music, but it was regular music. The first time I’ve ever heard it at one of the balls we had. I smiled at Fred who was swaying us we walked closer.

We finally reached the entrance, stopping at the sight of it. Students were dancing in the dim lighted room, to a fast song playing from a DJ stand at the head of the room. The room almost looked to be lit up orange as kids hurried past us to enter. Tables, covered in light orange cloth and centered with an art of food, and chairs were at either side of the door. Leaving a path toward the front of the room to the dance floor. Candles and fall leaves hovered above us, the leaves looked as if they were falling down in a breeze.

“It looks amazing,” I sighed, taking in ever aspect of it.

“Just like you,” Fred said, squeezing my hand.

By the look and feel of it, I knew nothing could go wrong… So I thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahh, im so sorry i didnt get to post like I wanted to, but here is the next chapter. The next chapters will be good, I'll try to make them long and super duper amazing. If it sucks, sorry.

Oh and what Hermione is wearing is kinda like what she wore to the Yule Ball (I think I spelled that wrong.) in the Goblet of Fire.

Tell me what you think!

Comment.Subscribe.Critic.Please!

-Krysta :)