Sequel: As I Lay Dying
Status: Complete

Humorous Love

And the CD began to skip.

As planned the day moved on smoothly, and it was hard to say that the kids were angels. It was like Fred and I were playing house, making it funny, cause Kelsey kept calling him Uncle Fred. Fred would play dolls with her, and even went to her tea party. While I kept to my little brother, who was playing video games on my dad’s flat screen, which of course I had to explain to Fred, both were American things. Everything seem to be going by great, until that night.

“Mark, I said to get into the shower half an hour ago!” I yelled at my brother through his locked door. After arguing with me for another ten minutes he caved and got into the shower.

I had left Fred to put Kelsey to bed, after she pleaded for him to tuck her in, and tell her a story. Since my job was done with my brother, I decided to check up on him, to see if he was having the same issues. Making my way though the hallways of the house, I came to my older brother’s old bedroom, where Kelsey was staying with her parents.

To my surprise, Kelsey was in bed with Fred sitting on the edge reading to her from the book in his hand. I leaned in the doorway with awe and admiration, as Fred finished the story. Only making me imagine if I were to marry and have kids with him of our own, but was cleared out of my thoughts as Kelsey began to talk.

“Please, Uncle Fred. Read me another story?” She asked in her little voice, pulling on the sleeve of Fred’s shirt. They hadn’t noticed my presence, so I decided to stay without a word.

“Aunt Krysta said you needed to be in bed by 8, baby girl.” he said sweetly, but I knew that Kelsey would win this fight, she always did. “But if you keep it a secret, I will.” I could hear the smile in his voice as he tickled her.

“Okay,” she said holding her little finger up to her lips, letting him know it was their little secret. “One about a princess.”

“As you wish, Princess Kelsey.” He bowed to her before beginning the story about a beautiful princess and how she wished her prince would come. Basically the original story of dragons and fairy god mothers. Which by the end, I was almost asleep in the doorway myself.

“Thank you, Uncle Fred.” Kelsey said yawning, which made me stand up straight.

“You’re welcome, love. And one day your prince will come for you, I can count on it.” He said before kissing her forehead, and getting up from the bed. As he turned to face me in the doorway he smiled, which I returned.

Before I could say a word, Kelsey’s voice cut in. “Uncle Fred, is Krysta your princess?” she asked softly almost asleep.

Without turning around he answered “Yes, she is.” and turned and said goodnight to her, before grabbing me and walking out of the room.

Like a prince would carry away his damsel in distress.

---

“You did great today, thanks.” I said later that night, when the kids were asleep.

“I can say the same thing to you, love.” he said as I leaned more into his side, from where we were sitting together on the couch in silence.

Many things were running through my mind of what I could say at that moment, but nothing seemed so clear enough to grab. With a blur of messy images, the one thought of telling Fred about me being stalked by the death eaters, just to become one. But I never would have enough courage to say it, but as if my mouth didn’t agree with me, I began to speak.

“Fred I-”

“Krysta!” I could hear Mark call from upstairs, cutting me off.

“I‘ll get it, finish when I get back okay?” Fred asked as he began to get up from the couch.

“No, I will. It‘s okay.” I half smiled, before pulling him down and kissing him which felt like it would be our last. Leaving him where he sat, I walked up the flight of stairs and down the hall to my brothers room.

Once filling his request of a drink from the tap in the bathroom, and closing his door. I went to make my way back down the dark hallway and to the stairs, but stopped in my tracks. I was washed over by a sudden feel of uncertainty and evil vibe, feeling more like nausea then anything, making me grab hold of the door frame of my old bedroom. When the lurch left, and the presence of evil still remained I noticed the slip of light peeking under the closed door of the bedroom and I was sure I hadn’t showed it to Fred.

I hadn’t been in that room since I got back, but shakily I grabbed the golden knob, ready for anything to come at me. Feeling the adrenalin build, I threw open the door, revealing nothing but the simple room it had always been. The ceiling fan was on above, and shining on the bed that was across the room still neat as if not been touched. Sweet music played from my old stereo on one of my book shelves, giving it the romantic effect. Smiling I went and peaked through the bathroom door, to see if I’d find him, but came up with nothing.

“Fred?” I called lightly, and heard the bedroom door close behind me. I turned to still find nothing, feeling the creep come over me, the stereos CD began to skip over and over. Almost running over to the bookcase, I turned it off, and shakily turned around, holding onto the bookcase for support.

“Hello? Fred, this isn’t funny anymore.” I whispered, having been put through enough lately, and better yet I was defenseless.

With no answer from anything in the room, I was about to run for the door screaming. But I remained frozen to the spot, repeating to myself in my head ‘You can do this, no matter what it is. You’ve been training with fucking Harry Potter for crying out loud!’

The shaking and fear had been broken down and I made a move for the door, when seeing the body’s frame emerge from the bathrooms door.

“Hello Krysta,” he smirked, the same one as his fathers.
♠ ♠ ♠
AHH!!>;] Who could it be? Comment and tell me!

Hello my loves! Long time right? I'm sorry.. I've been really busy.. Butbut! My bestie Ginny is here nagging me to post, so I will try to write more. Promise? Yess.. I promise.
But I could use some help: Why not leave me an awesome comment? :]

Please!!

Subscribe.Comment.Leave Love.

-Krysta