Sequel: As I Lay Dying
Status: Complete

Humorous Love

Giving Up

Draco led me down the hall, as I nearly fell asleep leaning against him, but I made sure I didn’t. I didn’t trust him, even with how he was being nice for once, but he was also taking me to see his father, and he scared the shit out of me. I could feel his nails digging into my skin as we came to a door at the end of the corridor, no light seeped from under it, and for it being the only door I’ve seen in a while, it sent a chill down my spine.

“Come on, don‘t let go of me.” He finally spoke, as he opened the door holding darkness inside. The room was pitch dark and even when my eyes began to adjust, I sill couldn’t make out anything but black.

“Sit.” Draco ordered sternly, pushing me down onto what felt like a chair. Putting my hands on the chairs arm rests, he began to cuff my writs again, chaining me to the chair. I didn’t make any attempt at trying to resist, because if I did, I knew it would only end badly. For once in my life, I really didn’t care, and it upset me that I felt like I was giving up all hope for everything.

I had no idea why I was acting like life was pointless anymore, maybe because of my lack of sleep, but my body felt lifeless as I just sat there, staring straight ahead of me. Draco didn’t say another word, as I heard his footsteps cross the room and to the door, before opening and closing it behind him. Great, locked alone again, but this time in the dark.

Leaning my head back against the wooden chair, I closed my eyes and let out a groan. I was going to be stuck like this forever and die, probably my ‘punishment’, but I barely cared. I didn’t expect anyone to save me, my friends knew what might have happened, but I doubted they knew where I was, because I didn’t even know. Even if they did, they probably wouldn’t come, at least make an attempt before getting themselves killed or chained up like I was. Fred, he didn’t know and for once I was glad I hadn’t told him. He didn’t have to worry about me, all this was going to do was put something on his shoulders that he didn’t even know about. Maybe he’d just think I went to live in America with my grandmother, or just went somewhere far away.

I couldn’t believe half the thoughts I was thinking, none were true, but for some reason I was convincing myself they were. Throwing my head back against the chair, pain surged through my head, but I didn’t care. I didn’t care about anything anymore, and I couldn’t control it. Thoughts kept entering my head, and I continued to believe them, they stuck there, never leaving.

“Your friends aren’t going to come for you, they don’t care. They want you to be on his side, where you belong.” The thought entered my head, my mouth setting in a hard line as I thought to fight from believing it. Where did that come from?

“Everyone knows you’re evil, show it.” Another thought whispered to me, its words curling at its ends. Its voice sweat and convincing, but held a hard edge. I could feel my head turn to the side, as my nails began to dig into the wood of the chair.

“You’ve been put with this curse for a reason, you can’t hide it. You’re paper thin, it shows.” The voices began to aggravate me, as I continued to believe every word. However, parts of me knew they weren’t true, but they became convinced as more thoughts began to enter, filling my head.

“You want to be evil, they hurt you. All of them, left you here, to die. You deep down want to, and its rising, you can feel it all in your insides.” My insides felt like they were being chewed, as somewhere inside me let out a scream making its way through my body and through my mouth. It echoed off the walls, as the voices went completely silent.

I hadn’t known I was gasping for air, as I heard the deep choking inhales of my body grasping for air. Sweat mixed with silent tears, as I leaned my head back against the chair, staring up at the endless darkness above me.

“Now, Krysta, you see how powerful I am?” A new voiced echoed off the walls, the voice that was all too familiar. I could just see the smirk as he continued. “You know, thinking is only part of believing. Saying it out loud, however, makes it all the more convincing.” His voice sounded amused as I heard his pacing footsteps.

I didn’t dare say one word, partly because I was scared and another because I was still gasping for air. Pulling at the cuffs holding me to the chair, the metal stayed in place holding me back.

“Don’t even try, it’s not going to budge.” Lucius commented, as his footsteps came to a halt. “Now, as I was saying. It‘s more powerful to believe your thoughts when you say them out loud. So, lets begin. Repeat after me: My friends aren‘t coming for me, they want me to be on his side, where I belong.”

My breathing began to quicken, as I stared around the dark room confused. What the hell was he trying to do? I already pretty much figured that he would put all those thoughts in my head,but why? I already believed half of them despite myself, and it hurt, what else did he want?

“I said repeat me, or this will all wined up with harder punishment. Crucio.” he ordered, as the pain burned me from the inside out, a scream escaping my lips.

“It‘s not true.” I screeched over the pain, as I thrashed in my chair. The pain felt like I was being stabbed from the inside out, and I couldn’t bare it.

“You don‘t seem to think that, Krysta. Half of what I put in your head, you started to believe yourself. Now speak them out loud, or I will get vile.” His voiced slurred with amusement, as the pain began to die off only to return as he yelled the spell once more.

“My friends will come for me, they know I‘m not stupid enough to be on his side, where only the damned belong.” I mocked his words, as I still thrashed in the chair, the metal cutting into my skin. One after another, he repeated the spell till I felt like I was about to pass out. My body felt limp and I knew I was going to dye. Nothing mattered, I remembered, as the thoughts began to fill my mind again. Weak minded, I began to start believing the thoughts again, as I heard Lucius’ evil laugh echo off the walls.

“My friends aren‘t coming for me, they want me to be on his side, where I belong.” I whispered, as the pain took over my body. What was happening to me?

---

“So, what you‘re trying to tell me is that: My girlfriend, is suppose to be a death eater?” My voice half amused, as I couldn’t come to believe what my friends were saying. “Where the hell did you get that story from?”

“Fred, we‘re not lying. Krysta is.” Hermione answered me, her voice stern and almost convincing. “That’s why she‘s always going off with Harry, special meetings with Dumbledore.”

“Right, because I can really see Krysta kicking someone‘s ass. But no, out of all people, Harry Potter.” I laughed to myself. “Now where is she hiding? The joke is over.” I looked at all their stern faces. No trace of amusement at all crossing their face, as they stared directly at me.

“Fred, we think they took her. But we don‘t know where, and we think it‘s best that we wait, she can always turn up.” Harry said from where he sat next to Ron at the foot of the bed.

“So, this isn‘t a joke? My girlfriend really was ‘kidnapped’ by hell knows what?” I asked, finally believing their words. They all seemed to shake there head in a way or the other, as anger and worry began to fill my being. “Then why the hell are we here!? We need to get her, they probably are going to kill her. Get up!” I ordered on the verge of tears, standing up from where I sat on the bed.

“No, Fred. It isn‘t safe. Even if we were strong enough, we are going to end up getting killed or hurting Krysta even more.” Jenny said as she pushed me back on the bed, taking her seat next to George. “We think Krysta can do this, Harry says she‘s pretty strong. She‘s got a good head on her shoulders, we just have to believe in her. When we get back to school we will tell Dumbledore and act from what happens there.”

“So you all are just planning on letting them damn death eaters to eat her alive, then?” I asked, my voice laced with fiery as I stared them all down.

“Not the best choice of words, but yes, she can handle it.” Harry tried informing me, their faces not once changing. It was all getting on my nerves, as I grabbed at my hair pulling it despite the pain. Standing up, I stomped out of the room in a rampage, slamming the door behind me. This can’t be happening.

Running down the stairs two at a time, I opened up the front door before slamming it shut also. Not caring to grab a jacket, I ran into the snow covered grass as it crunched beneath my feet. I ran until I ended up tripping to my knees, my body freezing, I just sat there as tears began to streak my frozen face. Pulling out the necklace I had kept in my pocket, I turned it in my hand before throwing it down in the snow in front of me. I felt my heart breaking, there was nothing I could do. She was going to die, and I couldn’t do anything about it.

Tear streaked and frozen, I felt my body lay in the cold snow beneath me. I stared at the endless sky above me, everything around me silent, as I stared up at the snowy blue in the sky. Memories flashed by me; all the ones that made me smile, but now I could only hold my mouth in a hard line.

My eyes eventually began to flutter shut, as darkness surrounded me. I was going to do something, even if it killed me. I convinced myself of it, as I heard the crunching footsteps of my friends as they ran to where my body laid.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright(: Only a few more chapters to go, before I go into its sequel. Which I have everything in mind of what I'm going to write, and at the moment it sounds really good to me. By the way, what do you guys think is happening to Krysta? It's more of a twist then anything and took me forever to come up with(: So leave a comment on your thoughts?

Oh! My other story needs a bit of attention, my loves. To Fill the Void Maybe if it gets a little loving, I might have a little something to give back to guys, eh? haha

Alright, see you next Friday(:

Leave some comments?

Krysta :D