Sequel: As I Lay Dying
Status: Complete

Humorous Love

Two Dates

The day seemed to fly by too quick, it was all too fun and I didn't want it to end. Fred had walked me down to Hogsmeade with him, and being the gentlemen he was, bought me lunch. We walked around most of the day, letting the fall breeze take us in, as we walked hand in hand. Luckily Oliver hadn't been there today, although he did promise to be there to find me at seven-thirty.

Fred had taken me into the local joke shop a few minutes before seven, which is were the real fun happened. The store owner knew Fred enough, that we didn't get in trouble when Fred played most of all the tricks he could find, on me.

"Here, try this," Fred said using his free hand to pull down a canister from the wooden shelf.

"You have got to be kidding, this is so old! A canister of plastic jumping snakes." I said taking the can in my hand, released my other hand from his, and turned the top.

To my surprise it wasn't plastic snakes that jumped out, but real ones! I screamed and jumped on Fred as snakes slithered out from the can I had thrown on the floor. I closed my eyes tight, wishing they would some how disappear.

"Krysta, open your eyes," Fred laughed, as he set me down on the floor.

"I hate snakes," I chocked out, still holding my tight grip on his waist, which he didn't seem to mind.

"Come on look," he pressed, I finally gave in and opened them. To my surprise the snakes were gone.

I looked up at Fred, who was smiling down at me. He was holding the canaster in his hand.

"Say the magic word," he whispered, leaving me confused. Magic word? Please, was all I could think of.

"Abracadabra?" I questioned, and with the snap of his fingers, the canaster that once held the snakes, was a beautiful bouquet of flowers.

"For you my dear," He said handing the flowers to me.

"Oh they are beautiful!" I cooed.They smelled and looked amazing. I looked up into his emerald eyes and smiled back at him.

I don't know what took over me, but I was glad I went with it. I went up on my toes and pressed my lips against his. He was caught off guard, but smiled into it as he kissed back. We stayed like that for a while, it was filled with such passion. I couldn't help it, but I was falling in love with this boy.

The kiss that we wished would never end, was broken by the call of the store owner from the front of the store.

"Miss Krysta, there is an Oliver Wood here looking for you," he called.

"I'll be there in a second," I called back.

Fred's smile seemed to fade a little. I didn't want to leave him, I didn't even want to go on Oliver's date! But, I couldn't hurt Oliver like that. I quickly kissed Fred once more, before sliding a slip of paper in his hand. The note told him to meet me in the common room at 11, which I hoped he would. I then turned away from him and found Oliver at the front of the shop.

"Hey, ready to go?" Oliver asked reaching out a hand to me. I kindly took it as we walked out of the store.

"You bet," I said, looking behind my shoulder to see Fred. I smiled at me, and mouthed 'See you later'. He smiled back and held up the note. I gave him a wink as I turned back around, as Oliver and I made our way across the street to Three Broomsticks.

****
The place was full of students from Hogwarts. Some hanging out and others on dates. It was dark out, so some where making their way back to the school. I spotted Jenny and George at one table, and wished I could sit with them. They could help me out of this "date."

"Why don't we sit with Jenny and George?" I asked without thinking, looking up at Oliver's brown eyes. They were nice, but didn't give me sparks or make my heart melt, like when I looked into Fred's.

"Okay," he agreed with a smile, as I pulled him over to Jenny's table.

"Hey guys, can we sit here?" I asked, giving Jenny a pleading look.

"Sure," Jenny said, "pull up a chair."

"Thanks" I said, as I took the seat across from her and George, Oliver next to me.

"So are you two together?" Oliver asked Jenny and George, after the waitress took our order.

"As of today," George smiled down at Jenny, who blushed and leaned on his shoulder.

"Aw, finally!" I declared with a laugh.

"Yeah like you and Fr-" I kicked George, as he was about to say me and Fred. Oliver gave me a weird look, and I just blushed.

"Saw an ant, no need to thank me," I smiled, giving George daggers.

"Thanks," George said, cursing under his breath.

"So, how was your day with Fred?" Jenny asked, trying to pick up the subject.

"Uh, well, it was good." I said, looking at Oliver from the corner of my eye.

"I didn't know you were here with Fred," Oliver said, looking over at me.

"Oh, yeah I spent the day with him."

"Hm," was all he said.

Dinner was awkward, but I laughed whenever everyone else did, as I tuned out of it all. I smiled and played along like I was really interested. When all I could think about was getting out of there, and meeting up with Fred. Finally it ended and Jenny left with George by her side. Oliver paid for our half of the bill as we walked out and headed back to the school.

****

The walk was even more awkward then dinner. We walked in silence. Until I broke it, I couldn't take it any longer. I could never take the quiet, exspecially when it was awkward.

"Thanks for dinner." I said, as we came a few feet from the school.

"Any time," Oliver smiled at me. We weren't touching and I tried my best to show that I wasn't cold, so that he would have to touch me. I was actually freezing.

"Well I better get back up to my room," I said as we entered the Great Hall fore, he looked at me as if I was purposely trying to ditch him.

"Krysta, can I talk to you real quick?" Oliver stopped, and I turned towards him.

"Sure," I said looking at his face, not daring to look in his eyes.

"I know you like Fred. If you didn't want to go out with me, you could have said so."

"But, I wanted to." I said, after all I was the one who asked him. Ignoring the fact he said I liked Fred, he didn't know that.

"Thanks," he said, pulling me into a hug. I really hoped that this wasn't the end of the conversation, and hoped that he would say he wanted us to stay friends.

"Why don't I walk you back up to the common room?" he asked, pulling me away as we started walking again.

"Okay," I really hoped Fred wasn't there yet, it was on 10:45, and last thing I needed was them to get in a fight.

Soon enough we reached the portrait, where he whispered the password and we entered. To my luck no one was in there, so I quickly told Oliver goodnight and ran up to my room. Where I changed into my pjs before running back down to meet Fred.

I was dressed in sweat pants and a tank top, as I made my way down the staircase. No one was there, mostly because it was past curfew. The room was dark, except for the dim light coming from the fire.

I decided to wait on the couch, looking up at the clock that read 11:05. I sighed and closed my eyes as I let the warmth of the fire, warm me. I was on the verge of sleep, when I felt someone’s lips pressed against mine.

I opened my eyes to find Fred smiling at me from the other side of the couch.

"Hey," he whispered. I missed him, even for the few hours that I was gone with Oliver.

"Hi,"

I sat up and crawled over into his lap, bringing his head down to mine. Pulling him into another kiss. As weird as it may sound, I loved kissing him. He pulled me closer to him, covering me with warmth, as we put all our passion in the kiss.

I could hear the crackling of the fire place, as I pulled away from Fred. I smiled at him, and he smiled back. Our eyes boring into each others, I loved this. I loved him. We sat there saying nothing, speaking through our eyes. That's when I heard the foot steps from the shadows. I looked up as a gasp came out of my mouth.

"Oliver,"
♠ ♠ ♠
Ohhhh, lol. This is what I have been waiting to happen, and finally it has! Hope your spreading the word! I have big plans for this story!

Tell me what you think!

Comment.Subscribe.Spread the Word. Please!

-Krysta :)