Him and Her

-Him and Her-

Breathless, she looked up. Her lips tingled. Her body was light, and butterflies were erupting in her stomach. She was in love. The feeling couldn’t be described as anything else; she had never experienced it before; it must be love. If it was, she knew now that she had it she’d die if it was gone.

Love’s a drug, she thought.

His eyes were deep wells of dark blue – clashing against his dark brown skin - so vibrant, staring at her, taking every piece of that moment to keep forever. A slight smile appeared upon his pink lips. They asked for more, just a little more, and she knew it.

Stepping up on her toes again she took her hands and molded them to his face, cupping it lightly, into the perfect shape of his cheek bones and there she stared back into the sea of passion and lust. His eyes could only be worth gold. And so the cherry red lips touched, so briefly to the light pink that it could have been not nearly enough.

But it was.

Because it was her, to him it was perfect. A peck or a long lasting moment wouldn’t be any different because it’d always be her. Her and him; forever. From the moment he set his eyes on what only could be a goddess he knew she was going to be his. She’d be his companion, his lover, his best friend.

Now here they were under the old willow tree in his back yard, staring at each other, barely speaking, but knowing everything that could possibly matter. The first kiss they had was perfect; light, sweet, and meaning I want you and I need you. That second one, just a brush so quick on her behalf, but so satisfying. The world might have stopped, or have blown up to millions of pieces and both would never know it.

She’s perfect. And she’s mine.

The hanging branches swayed in the wind as it picked up speed. Her hair whipped past her face, hiding their faces like a shield. In their own private moment, they enjoyed the new chill of love. Protected in this new confidence of each other they just swayed back and forth with the wind, not caring, not knowing; just living.

Gently she slowly leaned her head to his shoulder, where he then moved her flying coppery hair from her forehead and kissed it. Whispering all the while, “I love you.” I love you. I love you. I love you.

Immediately the butterflies became warmth, blood rushed, and her heart pounds. Her cheeks flame red, red as her hair. Closing her eyes, breathing in his scent of sweat, grass, and some fancy cologne she smiled. After a moment, opening her eyes she peeked up to see if he was really still standing there with her, holding her, caring, loving, and really wanting her.

He was. It was real. No dream, this time. And he loved her. He really did. He knew it, she knew it. And now in return, she looked directly back into the blue eyes of his, from her pale gray, and said, honestly, purely, for the first time, “I love you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Just something I wrote in the middle of the night when I couldn't sleep. Enjoy.
___

I wanted to write something short and simple, and what it's like to have your first love.