Status: It's over... Rewrite to come soon.

I Wish This Was Different

006

CHAPTER 6

"He is our kid, mine and yours, half human half vampire." I repeated slowly.
"No!" Rosalie shrieked, finally breaking free. As she lunged toward me Emmett snapped out of the daze he had been in and jumped in front of me, again something I wasn't expecting.
"Rosalie," he growled, "stop this now." She hissed and started attacking him.
A sense of complete and total hatred and fury, washed over me. How dare she attack him, she had no right. He was mine. But then I remembered he wasn't. He wasn't mine. He was hers and she had every right to attack him if she wanted. I could feel Jasper's eyes on me, I knew that he had felt the major swing in my moods, and I could feel the calm pressing against me but I pushed it away, a part of my power that even Carlisle didn't know about.
"Rosalie, you will stop this behavior immediately." Carlisle normally calm voice boomed in anger, "Alley did nothing wrong. Emmett was her fiance, they were to be married. When you came back that changed. She gave him up to you. She gave up her happiness and life so that the two of you could be happy. So stop being so selfish. Yes they have a child, but he has grown up without a father, and the rest of his family. So stop this foolishness, now!"
Rosalie went limp in Emmett's arms, a look of complete and total shock etched on her face. Everyone had the same look on their faces.
Carlisle actually screamed.
He raised his voice.
He raised his voice for me.
"I'm sorry to be blunt, but I don't have much time left." I whispered, staring at my feet.
"Of course Alley, go ahead, tell us what you need us to do." Carlisle breathed out in a slightly calmer and gentler tone.
"Like I said, the Volturi want me to join them, and that is exactly what I'm going to do." I took a deep breath before continuing.
"A-a-and, I-I n-n-need you t-to take care of Noah for me." I managed to stutter out. "But I need your answer now, I need to know if you'll do it or not. I need to know that you'll keep him safe while I'm gone. And promise me that you will except him into your family with open arms the way you did with me."
"Alley I do-" Emmett started.
"No Emmett " I cut him off, "I need an answer, I don't care if you don't think its a good idea that I'm turning myself over. Its what is best for my son, and he's all I have left so I'm doing it. What I need to know is if you are going to step up to the plate and do what's best for him too." By the end I had mustered up enough courage to look him in the eye.
"Alley, please." Looking in Emmett's eyes I saw the pain my decision was causing him, but I had to do it in order to keep Noah safe. I also saw love, the thing I thought for sure I would never see in his eyes again.
Turning away I looked to Carlisle.
"Carlisle?" I questioned, I already knew what the answer would be.
"Of course, I told you that three years ago." He answered, in a saddened tone.
"Thank you." I sighed.
I looked around me, at the people I had considered family for so long. The only real family I had ever had. Alice and Edward, would be bringing Noah back in a couple minutes and I had to be gone before he got back.
"I love you all, but I have to go. I'm going to beg you. Please get away from here now. They know that I've been in contact with you. They know that Carlisle turned me, and they know about my history with Emmett. I will get them off your trail, but I'm thinking its about time you headed back to Forks." I made my way around the room, saying my final good byes. When I reached Emmett, I just looked at him. I looked up into his eyes and let my emotions shine through them, the pain I had felt while he was gone, the love I still felt, the hurt of him not being there to watch our son grow.
Emmett stepped forward and embraced me in a hug, and I clutched onto him, never wanting to let go but knowing I had to.
When I let go, I walked over to Rosalie. She had a scowl on her face.
"I know you don't like me Rosalie, and honestly, I don't like you either, but I know that you will be good to Emmett, and hopefully Noah." I stepped forward and so low that the others couldn't hear whispered, "I know it was you who turned me and the others in. I know that you weren't as good as the others think while you were gone, and I know that your planning something, and I know exactly what it is. And I want you to remember something, I am now becoming a part of the Volturi, not a part of the guard but the actual Volturi. I can make your life hell. If you hurt Noah or anyone else thats exactly what I'm going to do."
When I let go I looked into her eyes and saw nothing but hatred and fear.
"Carlisle, when you think he's ready give Noah this letter. I wrote one for each of you, The rest are in the bottom of his backpack. Keep him safe. Like I said I'm going to lead them off your trail, you have two days, three tops to get out. And tell Edward that I'm happy for him. He'll figure it out eventually. I love you."
As I raced out of the house I sent Edward and Alice both messages, that it was alright to take Noah back. As I ran I prayed. I prayed to whatever god there was out there, to take care of my family, and to help me snuff out Rosalie's plan before the future that my son had seen could come true.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys,
I'm so sorry for the wait.
It's still not exactly what I wanted but if I kept freaking over it I would never have posted it.
I'm home sick today, so I got to finish writing this.
I don't know exactly what I'm going to do in the next chapter.
But I have a general feeling of it.
Tell me who's point of view you want it to be in.
Do you want to see it from Noah's or from Alley's
or maybe a little of both.
Comment, Subscribe, Rate.
Thank you all so much for the support and comments.
XOXO
Aliyah