Status: It's over... Rewrite to come soon.

I Wish This Was Different

007

CHAPTER 7

Noah's POV

"She's gone." I whispered. Alice and Edward, looked at each other and then over at me. "She said she wouldn't leave."

"Noah come on, lets go back we need to talk to the others." Alice said quietly, walking over and placing her hand on my shoulder.

"How could she do that. She knew it wasn't safe" I muttered under my breath, forgetting for a moment that I'm not alone.

"They didn't want to hurt her, they just wanted her to join. She'll be fine." I looked at Edward. He was trying to soothe me. He didn't understand.

"I wasn't talking about for her," I hissed. I didn't care that it wasn't his fault. "I was talking about for me."

I could feel Edward pressing against the walls of my mind and decided I had said to much already, so I pushed him away. Just a little something I got from my mom.

"What do you mean?" Alice asked, stopping the steady paced walk she had been leading me in.

"Nothing," I said glancing up at her, "Like you said we need to get back and talk to the others."

Normal POV

I met them at the half way point between Washington and Alaska. I got there before them and waited, calming myself and preparing the memories I was going to let Aro see. I knew that Noah was going to be mad, and I knew that it wasn't safe to leave him there with the Cullens but I had too. It was the only way to protect him. I was so lost in my thoughts of Noah that I didn't notice when Jane entered the clearing.

"Well, well, well. If it isn't our little Alley cat. Ready to finally join us." Jane cooed, as if I was a child.

"Jane play nice." I heard Aro from the distance.

"Always master." Jane spoke immediately.

"You have her well trained Aro." I laughed with a smirk on my face. Knowing that Jane's biggest weakness is wanting to be Aro's favorite.

"Alley, my dear I've missed you. How have things been? Is Noah good, I do hope so." Aro asked in a caring voice. I hated it when he brought up Noah and he knew that. But I also knew what his weakness was.

"I've missed you too uncle. Noah is fine, how is Katie?" I asked in the same tone. I'm pretty sure I was the only one who caught the little flicker of surprise on his face that I would mention her here in front of every one. The others were looking back and forth between us, confused as to why I called him uncle and who Noah and Katie were.

"This is not the time or place to discuss Katie dear. We came here on business, are you ready to join us?" Aro asked in a nice tone, but I could detect the hint of anger underneath it.

"Yes, actually. That is what I'm here. To join the family, but NOT the guard. I want to make myself clear on that." I said with a smile, and a hard tone.

"I would never ask you to join the guard. I only ask that you fight with us when the time comes. But you have always been a member of the family." He answered, a fake smile plastered to his face.

"Not always Aro. " But long enough, I added in my head.

"Where did you come here from, Alley?" I turned toward the voice, not exactly surprised to see it was Marcus.

"Hello uncle Marcus. As you know I've been living in in Seattle." I answered.

"Yes, but where were you, we went to Seattle to look for you first. I checked the house myself. Your stuff was there, but you weren't. So where were you?" he asked again in the same calm and slow tone that I've heard many times, but no smile. People sometimes fear him more than his brothers but he's my favorite uncle.

"I was visiting my friends in Denali." I said, without any hesitation hoping to change the subject but knowing that I couldn't now.

"Really? Tanya and her sisters or my good friend Carlisle?" Aro questioned.

I turned toward him giving him my full attention.

"Uncle," I sighed, "Do you really have to ask?"

Aro chuckled, "I suppose not. How are the Cullens?"

"Good. Surprised to see me and hear what I had decided but for the most part good." I smirked. "Uncle you should have told me that Rosalie came to visit you, instead I find out all on my own and I feel as if you don't love me."

"Alley dear you know I love you." He answered rolling his cloudy red eyes.

"I'm sorry to interrupt, but unless we want to draw attention to ourselves I think we should start on our way back home." Jane spoke up.

"Of course. Alley welcome to the Volturi. Now its time for us to get home." He spoke ushering me forward as if to stand by him.

"You know I think I'll stay by Uncle Marcus." I said while walking over to him. I could see the amusement in his eyes even if his face didn't show it.

"If thats what you want." Aro shrugged, turned motioned for the guard to stand in formation, and like that we were off. Moving farther away from the love of my life and our son who had become it.

I only hoped that he could hang on until I work thins out in Italy. I'm going to need more than just uncle Marcus's support if I'm going to change what Noah saw.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys,
So the plot thickens.
Sorry to leave you hanging here.
Some important things came up in this chapter.
What do you think will happen next?
Who is Katie?
What is so dangerous to Noah... or is Noah the danger?
Tell me what you think.
I want at least 5 comments before the next update.
I have 19 subscribers.
Please comment, subscribe, rate, message, anything.
I love you all.
XOXO
Aliyah