Abigail: Waxing Crescent Moon

Runaway bride

A priest had once announced that marriage was a day gods celebrated another success. Love in any situation was never forbidden even if it involved different creatures. Forcing marriage is another feeling. The wedding dress had flowed down to the ankles like white ocean waves that came from my chest. Relatives had pinned the last imperfections down to the heels to make sure I was satisfied in some way.

Aunt Jolie felt my dissatisfaction, my urge to tell father signing a deal of the devil was frowned upon a church and the event that followed could not be taken place at that very moment. My smile had widened for the benefit of my family that had soon fluttered to their seats.

My knees weakened to the ground in disbelief; till I helped the flowers grow in the future by sleeping in the earth I will belong to someone. My father starts to pick me up so that he may walk the red carpet of doom with me. He whispers a smooth verse as I watch the crowd watching with smiles on their faces. Yet if it had been up to me to decide their fate they'd be at home with no recollection of this idea.

There stood the groom with a grin full of greed, for he was only after my figure not my personality. This is not how I pictured my first wedding, though the priest had started the ceremony my smile had faded. My feet carried me out the church instantly towards the open country; both heels had broken making it easier to sprint into a bush to hide. After a few minutes did the hunt begin, the deep breathing of five wolves descending after their jumps through the trees in search for a runaway bride. This is the day Joey had not forgotten.
"Hey you in the red truck!" a man had yelled out the window of his minivan with his family snacking on treats from the gas station to the left of me.

I was aware of reality again and pushing the gas pedal had never been more of a relief. Dreaming of reality was reviewing the nightmare I had gone through and the problem that I'm struggling to get out of. When I watched the road it seemed those bad memories were falling behind and I'm hoping to never remember the details. To feel the pain in my chest as I thought of being betrayed, or losing someone who had raised me was unbearable.