Sequel: Suga Babies
Status: Our baby's grown up... :(

The Red Hot Tamales

I will Be Your Knight In Shining Armor

~♥~Copper~♥~

We have been staying at the Beverly Hills Hotel for four days now. We have been having so much fun, even though Todd doesn't want to admit it. But I could still feel myself growing more and more depressed. Mike was still missing, and I still love him. Even after all he has done to me, I still love him. I felt as if I needed him.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
later that night

"Whats wrong Copper?" Todd asked anxiously. We were having a room service dinner, complete with sundaes for when we were done with our steaks. I was trying to hide my feelings around him, guess I failed at that.

"It's nothing Todd. I just think I'm not feeling well." I tried to hide my lie by shoving some mashed potatoes in my mouth, but Todd knows me to well.

"Cooper Olivia Ludlow, if you don't tell me what is really bugging you, then I am going to leave. You can't tell me that your not feeling well and expect me to believe it. The past three days you have been staring out the windows expectantly, you have jumped whenever someone tries talking to you, and you seem depressed all the time. You try to hide it, but I am your best friend, I know you better than that. Now tell me what is wrong Copper?" I could feel tears coming to my eyes. I hadn't fooled him one bit.

"I am so sorry Todd. I thought I was hiding it the best I can, but the thing is it's Mike." He must have thought that I was scared because he pulled me into his arms and held me.

"I wont let him hurt you anymore Copper. I promise." It felt nice being in Todd's arms.

"Todd, thats not what I mean.... I still love him. I need him Todd." I tried to explain. I felt Todd stiffen and then release me to stare at me like I was crazy. Maybe I was.

"What?!?"

"Todd, I need him. I still love him. Yes, sometimes he over reacts and I get hurt. But he never means any of it. He always apologizes and tells me that because he loves me so much, he is scared that I will leave him. You see Todd, he is just scared that all." The more I talked, the angrier Todd seemed to get.

"Copper, he is lying. Mike is an abusive asshole. You deserve so much better then him. You don't need him." He took a hold of my hands, pleading with me to understand.

"Todd I need him, you don't understand. Without him I am nothing." I wanted him to understand. I really tried to get him to see that I was nothing without Mike. Mike was what made me a person, without him I was just a shadow on the wall and no one noticed me. Mike was the one who made me alive.

"Cooper Olivia Ludlow, listen very carefully. You do not need him. You are something special, and its not because of him. You are such a good and caring person, and you do not deserve to be treated like you are shit. I swear to God that you do not need him. I have been your best friend for how long now? Trust me, you do not need that worthless scum in your life." I was looking down at the floor, tears gently falling down my face. Maybe he was right. I don't need him. I deserve so much better. I looked back up and stared at Todd. I can do better I realized, but.....

"I still love him Todd..." I whispered guiltily. Todd threw his hands up in defeat.

"Okay, whatever. I need to take a walk." Todd left the room.

"What have I done." I muttered to no one in particular.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Todd had been gone for five minutes when I heard the sliding glass door to my room open. I ran out of the bathroom.

"Oh Todd...." I stopped short as I realized that the guy in the room was not Todd.

"Hello you stupid slut." Mike slurred. Oh shit, he was drunk. I quickly glanced around looking for an escape. To the right was the door to Todd's room. I ran towards it, but mike was right on top of me before I knew it. We fell onto the bed. I screamed for help, but he cut me off by choking me.

"Shut Up!!!" Mike continued to squeeze my neck. I couldn't breath. Suddenly Todd was standing behind mike with the lamp and hit Mike in the head. Mike's face looked momentarily stunned, before he went slack and passed out. Todd pushed Mike off of me. I stood up and hugged Todd. I started to cry.... again.

"Oh Todd... I was so scared." He held me and comforted me for a few minutes.

" We should probably tie him up and then call the police." Todd said. I stepped away from him and nodded. We decided to use the sash to my robe and tied him up. Todd somehow knows like twelve different tying techniques and assured me that he wasn't getting out any time soon.

~*~ Twenty Minutes later~*~

The cops had came and taken Mike away. Then they questioned us for ten minutes. They left and for the last ten minutes I have been sitting in my room enjoying a cup of Hot cocoa. I think I was in shock though.

"Copper? You okay Hun?" Todd asked quietly. I slowly looked up at him.

"I don't now Todd. I am so relieved that he is caught, yet at the same time I feel.... lost. Numb even." He sat down next to me. He hung his arm around my shoulders. I snuggled into him.

"Don't worry Copper, I'm here. I won't let anyone hurt you anymore." I sat up and put my hot cocoa on the coffee table.

"Todd I have something to say." I wouldn't look at him and I bit my lip, deciding on whether or not I was brave enough to say it. Todd seemed to pick up on the mood in the air, for he shifted uncomfortably and sat up straight.

"What is it Copper. You know you can tell me anything." He said, though he sounded unsure at that moment.

"Todd... I... well... Todd, I love you." I looked up at his shocked face and almost giggled.... almost.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay!!! I am a writing Fiend!!! :0

Kayt: ily, but haha bitch, your turn!!! :D

*does happy dance.* ok, off to read littlemissSmileZ's stories.

♥ ya. bye.