Sequel: Suga Babies
Status: Our baby's grown up... :(

The Red Hot Tamales

I Will Be There In Time

~*~Copper~*~

I stormed into my room and slammed the door. Angel looked up from her cushion and cocked her head at me. I sat on the edge of my bed and took out my notebook. After the fight with Dehlia, my mood just went downhill. I snapped at Maria and the other girls when they asked me a question. I don't even remember what it was.

"Damn it!" My books fell out of my arms as Maria and the girls walked up to me. I concentrated on picking my books up and trying to retrieve my papers before they headed down the hall, carried by uncaring student's feet. I didn't even hear Maria say something to me. I finally got everything and stood up and turned to head to my next class when I felt a hand tug on my arm.

"Hey! I am talking to you!" Maria said as she twirled me to face her, causing some of my books to go flying again. I dropped my books and got into her face.

"Maria I am not in a good mood right now, do not touch me!" I practically screamed in her face. She was shocked. I have never acted like that.

"I am sorry Cop, I was just talking to you and you were ignoring me." She whispered, well it seemed like she whispered. I really couldn't hear anything except the roaring of my blood surging through my veins. I looked at the other girl's faces and saw the shock and fear etched onto every inch of their perfect skin. I shook my head and grabbed my stuff.

"Whatever, I got to go." I turned and walked away, this time no one stopped me.


I don't even know why I was so angry. I think I was mainly confused and angry at Todd. Why the hell did he have to kiss me!?! I screamed and threw my notebook at the closet door. Angel whimpered and walked over to me slowly. She laid her head on my lap, well what she could reach which, was right below my knee. She looked up at me with her little puppy eyes.

"Oh Angel, I am sorry. I am just so angry." She cocked her head at me again, one of her ears flopped down. Her tongue hung out of her muzzle. She was so adorable. I giggled and picked her up. She instantly started to attack my face with her tongue. I laughed and put her back down. She trotted over to her cushion and turned around before laying down and resting her head on her front paws. I smiled at her and got up to retrieve my notebook. I sat it down on my desk and walked over to my radio. I closed the top and pressed play. The Script filled my room. I walked over to my window seat and sat on the cushion and stared out at the window at the setting sun. I loved the way the sun paints the sky colors at night or in the morning. I watched the sky turn from gold, to orange and pink, to a red, to a semi purple, and finally the soft blue of night. The Script continued to play upon my deaf ears. I started to recognize some of the lyrics.

You touch these tired eyes of mine
And map my face out line by line
And somehow growing old feels fine
I listen close for I'm not smart
You wrap you thoughts in works of art
And they're hanging on the walls of my heart


I'm Yours, I always have loved this song. I continued to listen to the lyrics as thoughts of Todd filled my head.

You heeled these scars over time
Embraced my soul
You loved my mind
You're the only angel in my life
The day news came my best friend died
My knees went week and you saw me cry
Say I'm still the soldier in your eyes


Memories of the day my sister died and Todd held me as I cried filled my mind.

I may not have the softest touch
I may not say the words as such
And though I may not look like much
I'm yours
And though my edges may be rough
And never feel I'm quite enough
It may not seem like very much
But I'm yours


Suddenly I knew, I had to go see Todd. I jumped up from my seat with a gasp. Angel perked up and stared at me.

"Oh Angel, how could I have been so stupid?" She yipped at me as I sped out the door and down the stairs.

"Where are you going young lady?" My mother asked me as I ran past her. She continued to shout at me as I threw open the door and sped down the front steps. I ran through my neighbors yards, running till I got out of my district. I got to the part of town where Todd lived and I slowed to a stop. I bent over, resting my hands on my knees, breathing heavily.

"What if he rejects me again?" I stood up and pushed those thought so far back into my mind so they wouldn't resurface. I started off down the streets towards Todd's house once more, unsure but filled with hope.
♠ ♠ ♠
:D well here is the next chapter.
Hope you like it.

Kayti: IT'S TIME!!!!! :O
:D