Sequel: Suga Babies
Status: Our baby's grown up... :(

The Red Hot Tamales

I'll Never Desert You

Todd

Let me sum it all up for you.

Copper's boyfriend beat the hell out of her, though I have no proof.

Copper slipped into a coma.

She's awake.

She says her name Valerie.

Valerie is her dead little sister.

She can't remember anything.

Except for me.

She remembers me, her best friend.

"Ms. Ludlow?" the doctor said to Copper. She didn't respond, mostly because she didn't know he was addressing her.

"Copper." I said quietly. She was convinced her name is Valerie but I've got her to respond to Copper.

"Yeah?" her eyes turned away from the window where the sun was setting, making the sky a giant canvas of pink, purple and orange. She smiled. They still had her on a Morphine drip so she was a little loopy.

"The doctor wants to ask you so questions." I said and she nodded. I sat next to her and she smiled.

"Can you recall what happened?"

Copper shook her head.

"I wish I did but I only remember him." she said, pointing to me. I smiled at her.

"Hi, I'm Todd." I said to the doc.

"Doctor Mathis."

"Hi Dr."

"So any new memories?" he asked, scribbling on a clipboard.

"Not really, just some silly stuff." Copper answered.

"Like?"

"Well, they're just of Todd. Like at a Chinese restaurant with soy sauce on his glasses." she said. I remember that. It was my birthday and we were playing with the sauce bottles. The soy wasn't closed all the way and when I dropped it, a whole bunch splattered on my lenses.

"It's better than nothing." the doctor said before leaving.

"Oh, can I go hug him?" I asked, noticing how cold he was. So business, less personal.

"Yeah, he'll LOVE that." Copper replied, smirking.

"Remind me not to be THAT distant from my patients." I said, thinking about how I wanted to be a doctor.

"Well, your patients will be kids so I hope not."

I grinned. She remembered that I wanted to be a pediatrician.

The door opened and in stepped that bastard. Mike.

"What're you doing here, Michael?" I hissed. Copper looked confused. She didn't recognize him. GOOD!

I don't want her to have to live through whatever he did to her over and over. It's better that she remain naive.

"I came to see my girlfriend, Todd!" he spat back. I stood up and walked around the bed to where he stood.

"I think you should leave." I growled. I hated that jackass. Now, more than ever.

"No, you can't make me."

Wow, that's a good argument. I'm astounded. He's such a smart little douche bag.

"Watch me." I snapped and I pushed him backwards. Or at least I tried. He laughed at my pitiful attempt. I would've too. I mean, really, I'm a wimp.

He raised his hand and slammed the heel of his palm into my jaw, spinning me on my heel slightly. I pushed him again, with a little more force and he slammed into the wall.

"Oh. My god!" Copper breathed but Mike and I paid no attention. His fist smashed into my cheek, knocking me backwards.

A nurse rushed in and pushed past me and Mike.

"What's wrong?" she asked Copper.

"That's him. That's the man. He did this to me." Copper said, her dark eyes filling with tears as she pointed to the other male in the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
okay.....
Kayt here... sorry it took so long.
I'm getting used to my glasses so i've been trying to write as much as i can...

Tyanne: oh, baby, it's your turn! HAHA! ily though....

-Kayt