Status: comments = motivation!

One of the Boys

Step One

"Hard left!" I screamed into Sapia's ear, the rumbling sounds of the quad almost drowning out my voice.

Sapia cut the steering to the left, just as I instructed. Dirt sputtered out from the back tires and kicked up clouds of dust as though there were smoke-stacks jutting up from the ground. My arms instinctively squeezed his torso, the crevices of his muscles molding against my fleshy arms. I couldn't help but smile a bit to myself, for I had never suspected Sapia to be completely ripped underneath the shirts and Carthartts.

"Uhm? Directions?" he screamed back. I broke from my thoughts, grabbed his arms, and steered him onto the straightaway so we didn't end up smashing into a tree. We'd created a new trail in the forest some hundred odd feet away from the farm, and today we decided to try blind driving. Sapia's eyes were covered with a red bandana as I directed him through the forest. Crazy? Yes, but we didn't care. We had insurance.

Eddy decided to go solo and followed on our tail, but he was able to see. I was thankful for that. Knowing him, if he drove by himself in a blindfold, he'd end up in flames in just under two minutes. Sapia continued on until I finally nudged him to stop at the clearing. I stood up and stepped off the quad, qucikly brushing the mud and dirt off my arms and face. Sapia removed his helmet and smiled, examining himself and his baby, the Yamaha.

"Looks like we made it out in one piece," he said as he patted the handles.

"Yeah, I'm fine, thanks for asking," I snorted.

"You're welcome." He grinned widely at me before laying down on his quad with a heavy sigh. Eddy pulled up behind Sapia, ramming into the back of his quad just for shits and giggles.

"Asshole!" Sapia exclaimed, launching his helmet at Eddy. Eddy squealed in laughter, even when Sapia's helmet struck him in the stomach; instead, he rolled onto the ground in laughter. Sapia grolwed, his fists clenching beside him until he finally pounced onto Eddy like a lion killing its prey. At this point, my stomach was burning I was laughing so hard.

"I'll teach you to mess with me!" Sapia hissed, delivering a good punch to Eddy's shoulder. I grinned and threw myself on top of both of them, at which Sapia's vengeance died out quickly. A smile appeared on his face as the three of us playfully wrestled.

"What the fuck?" Eddy blurted. Well, the two of us. Eddy squirmed out from underneath Sapia and me and stood up. Sapia pinned me, but I locked my arm around his neck and swiped his feet out from under him with my own leg. Sapia hit the ground as I scooted myself on top of him, dirt smeared all over us and grass stains painting our jeans.

"Get a room, lovebirds," Eddy mused. It was only when Eddy said that did it all hit me in one giant rush of electric. Sapia had turned the tables again, his frame now hovering above mine and his hands grasping my wrists and pinning me once more. Our faces were only inches apart, his venison flavored breath filling my nostrils. It wasn't a completely pleasant aroma, but venison was more delicious than any other meat I had ever consumed. Weird much?

I was looked directly into his eyes, the warmth between us making me melt. Both of us were speechless, but I finally gathered the courage to yank my hands free and push him off of me. I jumped to my feet, and only then did I notice someone else had joined us.

"Lydia," Annabelle began, her arms crossed in the most annoyed fashion. "Where the hell have you been?"

"Um, here," I answered.

"Do you remember what you had planned today?"

Oh, right. Fuck.

"Oh, well, yeah, now that you mention it." I smiled sheepishly. "Sorry."

"Well, let's get going," she said flatly. I'd fucked up.

"Hey, hey, hey, where do you think you're going?" Eddy said, grabbing hold of my arm.

"I have to go help Annabelle with some . . . farm stuff," I lied. I hated lying, especially to the guys. However, if they knew the truth, they'd massacre my ass.

"Dude, really?"

Annabelle pushed me into PacSun against my own will. I tried to make a run for it, but she grabbed my sweatshirt and pulled me back.

"You wanted help, didn't you?" she said. "Oh, by the way, I'm not a dude."

"Well you could be hiding som--"

Annabelle shot me a look. I smiled and shut my mouth as she dragged me over to the girl's side of the store. Quickly, Annabelle picked up jeans, skirts, tanks, t-shirts, plaid overshirts, anything she could possibly grab before forcing me into the fitting room.

"Do I have to try on all of this?" I asked from behind the door, staring at the neverending sea of highly priced, cotton-made materials.

"Yes you do, and you have to show me each outfit," she said. I sighed and picked up a pair of what appeared to be a pair of skinny jeans. Well, at least those wouldn't be so bad. I slipped my feet into them, but I couldn't just simply pull them up. I jumped up and down, pulling them up with me every time. When I finally got them on, I inspected the tag. Bullhead Solana Extreme Skinny. DAMN STRAIGHT!

I pulled a black cami on, followed by a pink and black plaid overshirt. I stared at myself in the full-length mirror, seeing a completely different person.

I stepped out from the fitting room, mechanically walking in the tightest jeans on the entire planet. Annabelle smiled widely and clapped her hands together.

"Turn around," she instructed, taking a glimpse of all my angles to see if the fabric was welding to my skin like I thought it was. I pulled the fabric of the jeans as I stepped back into the room, closing the door behind me. 99% cotton, 1% spandex.

"Try the dresses, too."

Oi, vey.

"Woooah, slow down there, smokey," I protested as Annabelle pulled me up the stairs to the Hollister store. "This place smells like a French whore."

We bought three pairs of jeans, two shirts, a dress, and a skirt from PacSun. Well, Annabelle did because she thought I looked "absolutely darling" in them. I barely approved; the only thing I actually liked was the plaid overshirt, which I persuded her to let me buy in lime green instead of pink. However, Hollister was going to spark some trouble with me.

"Lydia, do you want to be more girly?" she asked.

"More girly. Not a French whore."

"You're not going to be a French whore. Now, c'mon." She tugged on my arm. My feet were melted to the ground. This store easily went against all my values and taste. Annabelle furrowed her eyebrows in annoyance. I sighed heavily and trudged into the dim-lighted store, the guy at the front greeting me excitedly. I rolled my eyes, tempted to spit on him, but merely brushed past everyone to the girl's section. Annabelle grinned and quickly piled more and more outfits into my arms, then directed me to the fitting rooms as she did in PacSun.

You see, PacSun had colors. I felt Hollister had one main color: navy blue. In addition, this place was charging an arm and a leg for a shirt that was going to fall apart at the seams in one wash. I was forced to try on a dozen different articles of clothing that were navy blue, mostly shirts, camis, and a dress or two. I hate this. I hate it, I hate it, I hate it.

Before I even finished trying on the masses of clothes, I stormed out of the fitting room, leaving it all there like a messy murder scene.

"Lydia?" Annabelle asked, following me as I exited the store. I threw myself onto a nearby bench, resting my head in my hands and trying to stomach the screams clawing at my throat. Fresh air hit me like a tsunami, which helped calm me. For a minute.

"What's wrong?" Annabelle asked.

"I can't do this. It's not me," I said.

"Lydia, you said you wanted to change. You have to do this in order to have any effect."

"Well, I changed my mind. I don't want to be girly anymore. Fuck guys. Fuck Buzz."

"You wanna fuck him." Annabelle eyed me carefully. I stared at her incredulously.

How did she know that?
♠ ♠ ♠
(:

Who are you rooting for Lydia to get with?