What It Took

What it Took 2

As he drove, the smile on Matt's face only thickened.

"What are you so smiley about?" I asked.

"You! I'm shaking you out of depression hardcore bitch-bag! Oh, the party doesn't start till like 8:30 so no one is at the house but Lola and Bella." He said as he turned into a neighborhood I had never seen before.

"Bella?"

"Yeah, Bella, my puppy." He said with a smile.

This only made me frown because it reminded me of Ichabod and how much I loved him. Matt always knew my emotions some how.

"Listen, stop worrying about him. He's moved on and you have to, too. You WILL have fun tonight!" He demanded.

We pulled up into the driveway of a huge house.

"Well this is it!" He said standing outside the car with his hands on his hips.

"It's obvious the band doing pretty damn well." I said in awe.

We walked in the house and we were greeted by a white Little dog. When walked into the kitchen, where a pretty girl with tattoos, brunette hair, and a lip ring, was working hard on getting party food ready.

"Matt, where's Lola?" I said in a whisper that was apparently loud enough for the girl to hear.

"I'm right here...." The girl said as she turned around with a tray of food that soon hit the ground when she saw me.

"Mel?"

"Lols?" I yelled as we both ran to hug each other. It was almost like the day I had picked her up from the airport.

"I've been fucking worried sick about you! We all have! My fucking Christ! You look amazing, Mel." She said, while releasing me from a hug only to take a good look at me.

"You do to! Your hair is natural...colored? What the fuck made you want to do that? It looks amazing." I said, hugging her again.

We spent a couple of minutes catching up and then she showed me to my guest room to get ready for the party.

"Oh Mel, you have so many new people to meet! You'll love Ashley! She pretty much likes the exact same stuff you do!" Lola said as she helped me unpack.

"Who's that?"

"Oh just Zack's girlfriend!" She said with a smile, not realizing what she had said.

My smile dropped. Matt said Zacky had moved on, he just didn't tell me how far he had moved on.

"Oh..." I said as I felt my depression sink back in.

"Shit! I'm so sorry honey. It totally whipped my memory. I shouldn't have said anything." Lols said, while immediately hugging me.

"It's fine! I'm going to get ready now." I replied back rudely.

She took the hint and left my room.

I brushed my solid black hair and put on my new black slut dress. I was low cut and the back of the dress was barely existent. I styled my hair and applied my make up, and reluctantly walked down the stairs. I heard familiar voices.

Jimmy, Brian, and Johnny ran over and hugged and kissed the life out of me. I missed them so much and being around my friends was starting to make me feel whole again. But there was still a huge part of me missing.

More and more people began to fill up the house. And more and more people began to hug me and tell me how much they missed me. I was sipping on a water because I was newly sober and didn’t want to risk temptation, when I saw a chick with long blond hair accompanied with pink highlights, holding to a familiar tattooed arm. “He” had never looked so good.

My heart dropped as I saw Matt rush over to “man shake,’ with him and I notice he leaned over to his ear to tell him something. The girl kissed “Him” and walked towards Lola as “He” and my brother walked towards me. I was praying that they would skip right past me but they didn’t..

“So dude, what’s the party for? You never told me.” Zacky asked out of curiosity.

“You’ll see eventually….” Matt replied.

They finally walked up to me and Matt half hugged me.

“Hey sis. Did you and Lola catch up enough?” He said with a smile. I looked down, trying to hide my face from “Him.” To be honest, I was ashamed to look at him.

“How many sisters do you have?” Zack asked playfully. He still hadn’t caught on that it was me.

“Just Mel.” Matt said as he held my face up.

“His” expression dropped and it looked as if he were seeing the dead dance around him. “His” face turned a sickening pale and I could tell his heart was beating fast.

“I need air.” I choked out as I rushed to the outside, leaving Zacky standing alone like the last time I had saw him.
♠ ♠ ♠
What will happen? I have an idea, do you?

Comment please! And thank you for readin'