Seized

Thirst for Freedom

When I was 10, Jacob made me sign a paper with my name. I didn’t read what it was about because I was so busy watching TV, and because I thought it was another of Jacob's stupidities. Next day, Jacob threw me a bunch of paper which turned out to be homework. Apparently, the paper I signed was a contract, created by him, saying that throughout that school year I will do his homework. He pushed me so much that day into doing his homework that I complained to Grandma Heidi about it. She was too busy playing Poker with a bunch of friends that day and she didn’t care and told me to be careful not to get caught for drones, in a rude way. Oh, and to fulfill what I signed on the contract, for not being careful. So, I beat Jacob up, and got grounded. Life’s unfair. Even before becoming a teenager, you know life’s not fair.

Back then, life was horrible. Now life is shit. Because I’m kidnapped by "vampires".

I’ve been lying for hours on bed, hoping to fall asleep and get my nerves to calm down. It doesn’t work! There’s this incredibly annoying wave of nerves running through me. And I realized... I actually care for my life. Wow, that’s a shocker.

If I stay here, even if they promised they will not hurt me, I might become their feed. That’s not something I’m really joyful about. I’ll go through fire and die drowned, but I will not stay here and risk my life and get eaten by bunch of cannibals. But if I try to escape, I also risk the chance of not going into a coffin.
What am I saying? I actually believe that idiot. He is unable and doesn’t have the permission to lock me up in a coffin.
Well, he is.
And I can’t do anything right now because Lucas is guarding the door outside this room and Brandon outside, under my window, guarding I don’t escape through it.

All that thinking made me “thirsty”. I think I’ll ask Lucas to fetch me some “water” –wink, wink. But I didn’t have the energy to stand up... or I was just too lazy to do it.

I turned the knob slowly. If I did it too fast, one of them might jump at me and attack, thinking it was another attempt to escape. When I opened the door, Lucas was sitting down on the floor, playing on a game console, probably a PS3. Incredible... So vampires are up-to-date with technology and into video games. That’s fantastic. So is my life. Right now I’m living in a confusing stage of the teen age. When I become an adult, I might develop disorders, probably mental and emotional.

Lucas turned to me without smiling. At least, he wasn’t being hostile. “Need?”

I stammered at first. ‘Can’t believe that getting kidnapped is making me clumsy in words. “Erm... I... Well, I’m kinda thirsty.”

He immediately stood up, saying, “Oh, ok,” but mid-way getting up he stopped. He stared at me, giving me a suspicious look. “How do I know you’re not going to make a run for the door?”

I scoffed. I replied in a low voice, imitating Napoleon Dynamite. “I’m not going to risk my liberty.” I lied. I didn't want to risk it, but I didn't want to stay here for whatever reason they want me for. Lucas still wasn’t willing to go get it. He hesitated a while, probing my face. Obviously, I wasn't somebody to trust, but if their 'dear master' wants me, they have to respect me, and get me some water.

He sighed. "Alright, but you're coming with me. I will not take my sight off of you." Wow... They obviously don't trust me.

I walked up to him, but he followed after me to the kitchen. Before we got there, he started a conversation. "We don't want to give you a hard time, but we have to make sure you get to Deangelo."

I assume Lucas was pleading me to understand. Unfortunately, I'm still anxious... I think that in only ONE day, my hair began falling. But I'm still confused about something... I really can't make out what is my purpose here. "Why does he want me anyway?"

He shrugged his shoulders lightly. "The reasons are still unknown to us." I remained recitent, not letting him know I doubted their lack of knowledge. It wasn't obvious. In fact, it was hidden pretty well, but how would they kidnap someone without knowing the real reasons?

Lucas and I entered the kitchen. The counter had a marble topping with a wooden base. There was a separate dinner table, outside of the cooking area. I sat down on the wooden counter seat hesitantly. I stared at the exit. Lucas asked me when he opened the door to the refridgerator -he startled me; I really hope he didn't catch me staring out-, "Water or juice?" He didn't. He wasn't even staring at me, just browsing through the items to offer me.

I continued to stare at the exit. I began to stand up slowy. I felt my heartbeat in my head. If they were vampires, which I still hoped they weren't, Lucas would hear it. I tried to answer with a reserved voice. "Um... What juice do you have?"
That was a risk I was willing to take, for my freedom. They might send me to a dark abysm, but I'm not going to let this chance pass. They might send me to a dungeon, as that stupid Brandon threatened to do. He was like their evil boss, but Rick appears to keep his temper under control.

"Orange... Some purple liquid thing, I don't know what it is... Lemonade..." He listed.

I double checked if Lucas was going to look back any soon. "Anything else?"

I left the kitchen and dashed toward the exit and to the front door. I didn't know which way was it, but there was a large door by the end of the hallway I was running through and I thought this might be it. I could smell freedom. But just as I was inches away from grabbing the doorknob, someone's grip was on my wrist and they pulled me back to face them.

Only thing is that I didn't want to face him. It wasn't Brandon, thank goodness! I'd spit on his face, if he wasn't a vampire. And it wasn't Rick, or I'd be on my knees begging for mercy.

But I didn't have to beg for this one. Lucas was begging me. To quit trying to scratch his face, of course. Even if my fingers could reach his face, nothing was going to happen to him. First of all, my nails were really short. I spend my time chewing on them when I'm anxious, even when I'm not anxious. Plus, these guys say to be vampires. I'm sorry, but it still can't fit into my head. It's like one day, I'm watching MonsterQuest in Discovery Channel with the vampire episode, and the next, vampires are real. It's unconceivable. It's... fantasy.

So, I stopped my violent behavior. Although either way, I was going to the dungeon already. Only one left thing to do...

"I don't want to go to the dungeon!" My voice trembled badly. I didn't scream it; in fact, I was concerned about Brandon and Rick not hearing me.

"You should have thought of that before running off." He had a stern and mad expression. I gulped loudly. Then his face softened a bit. "But since it's me, I won't get you suffocated in that place."

"Really?" That was unbelievable. He let go of my wrists; I rubbed them.

He rolled his eyes. "Yeah, I won't tell neither of the other two." Antipathetic, but I like him. He and I are going to be good friends. 'Hope he helps me bring Brandon down.

I attempted to smile. It worked, but I was quite nervous. "Thanks."

He showed a really small smile, barely noticeable. "Sure. I'll give you a cup of water, and you're going back to the room." Lucas just gained my respect.
♠ ♠ ♠
Next chapter:

"When I meet Deangelo, I'll tell him to rip your head off from your body." I said those words as spiteful, cold and harsh as I could. I meant every single word. I glared at him with my meanest eyes. Yet he smirked like nothing was going on. Of course, I was a mere human and next to him, I was just a roach you could easily step on.

He opened his mouth to say, "Too bad I'm his favorite." I would kill him, if I wasn't going to where I was ordered to go right now. And if he wasn't a vampire.