The Wolf Brigade

Introduction

The year is 2010 and the United States Government has been crippled and backed into a corner due to terrorism attacks from within the country. Fearing the destruction of the federal government the president and military leaders turn their attention and funding toward genetics. In 2012 project Liken is completed and the Wolf Brigade mobile command center is built.

I am part of an elite, top secret group of five called the Wolf Brigade. We were all once human, that is, until the government explored their way into human-animal genetics; that’s were my squad came in. We were all just ordinary high school students walking home from school when we were abducted. Sure we all went to the same high school, but we all barely knew one another; surprisingly, after the two years we have been together, we still aren’t friends, we are brothers. None of us remember much about our families, friends, the treatments, or even our own names. All we know for sure are these three things: one, do as you are told; two, the mission is your life; and three, you fail your mission and I am executed, since I am the alpha dog and there for I am responsible for the failure or success of the mission. That is all we are allowed to know and yet we yearn for so much more.