Sweetest Girl

Right There

I opened my eyes and groaned. I looked around and saw that I was in my room. I sat up and held my head. I noticed that someone changed me into my night cloths; a pair of blue pants and a Grey tank top. I got out of my bed and cursed hang overs. I walked down stares and into the kitchen. I wish I hadn't.

Matt sat at the table with a cup of coffee in front of him. I could see the bags under his eyes. He whiped his face and looked at me. His face hardened and he stood up. I walked past him and got a glass of water and a few Advil's. I took them and set the glass in the sink. I looked at Matt. He looked like he hadn't slept all night or a few nights to be more literal.

"Morning." I mumbled turning my eyes to the marble counter top. It was shiny and clean. I heard Matt walk over and he stood on the other side of the counter. I looked up at him.

"You were sleeping for almost three days." Matt hissed though clenched teeth. I felt my body temperature rise. I knew I was in trouble. "And all you have to say to me is Morning?" Matt asked raising his voice. I winced. I might have taken something for my hangover but that didn't mean that the meds was starting to work just yet and I think Matt knew that.

"So?" I asked slowly in a soft tone. I heard someone walk into the kitchen. I saw Zack standing there looking just as rugged as Matt. He had his hands shoved in his pockets and he didn't have a shirt on. I looked back at Matt. The anger was rising within him.

"So?" Matt spat with a sadistic laugh. He shook his head and looked me square in the eye. "What the fuck were you on?" Matt said loudly. I saw Zack wince.

"I don't think that it's-" I didn't get to finish before Matt cut me off.

"Yeah you're right. You didn't think!" Matt yelled. "What the fuck were you on?! It was more then alcohol! Alcohol doesn't make any fucking one sleep for that fucking long!" Matt yelled. I knew he wanted to strike me across the face and I'm sure he would have if I wasn't his sister but his child.

I stayed silent.

I don't respond to someone yelling at me.

Not at all.

"Let me ask again."Matt said more calmly. He took a few deep breaths. He looked at me. "What were you on?"

I felt tears well up in my eyes. He was a wreck because of me. The dark circle under his eyes and the fact that Zack looked just as bad if not worse. Matt's gaze was soft and his eye brows were pulled together slightly. "You want to know what I was on?" I asked. My voice cracked.

Matt nodded.

I took a deep breath. I wasn't going to let my voice crack. "You already know about the alcohol. I also smoked pot, took ecstasy, shot up heroine and snorted cocaine." I said with a strong voice. I laughed and shook my head. I looked at Matt. He looked like he was about to cry. "Welcome to the world of the addictions that I've had since I was thirteen."

"All of them?" Matt choked on his own words. I simply nodded. Matt sat at the table and Zack sat next to him with his eyes widened. I saw a few tears leak from Matt's eyes. Matt ran his hand down his face.

"When is Valary going to come home?" Zack asked quietly.

"She should be here around two today." Matt said with a sniff. He sighed and looked at me. "Here's what's going to happen. You are going to give me all of the drugs you have." Matt said taking a sip of his coffee.

"I can't." I lied.

"Why the hell not?" Matt asked with irritation becoming evident across his face and in his tone of voice.

"I got them from people that were at the party-" I couldn't finish my sentence. Again.

"Party?" Matt and Zack asked at the same time. They looked shocked. Did they honestly think that I was going to be that fucked up and not go to a party? How weird.

"Yeah." I said and shrugged my shoulders. "It was a rave. What I was told about the raves here was that they were amazing; way better then NYC's and I do have to agree." I said with a smile. No matter how much trouble I was in all I would have to do is think about Raves and I am happy again.

"R-r-rave?" Matt stuttered. He groaned and put his head in his hands. I suppose he didn't think that he was dealing with a hardcore raver.

"You're a raver?" Zack asked raising his eye brow.

"Yes."

"Never suspected it." Zack sighed and shook his head. He didn't look at me. He kept his eyes on the kitchen table. His lips were turned into a frown and his eyes were slightly shut. Was he disappointed in me?

"Bet you never thought I was a druggie either, did you?" I asked already knowing the answer. Zack shook his head and sighed.

"Beer and pot is one thing but you fucked with some hardcore drugs and you've dug yourself a hole you are going to have to fight to get out of." Zack sighed and shook his head. I heard the front door open and shut.

"Matt!" Came a females voice. I raised my eye brows. The only thing I could think of was the Valary girl they were talking about a few minutes ago. The girl walked into the kitchen and smiled at Matt. She had bleach blond hair with piercing brownish eyes. She had on a white tank top that had black lace at the top and a jean skirt. She looked at me and raised her eye brows. "You must be Sage." She smiled.

"Please call me Legs." I said with a bit of a snip. She looked taken back but nodded.

"Call her Sage." Matt said standing up. "If I hear anyone call her Legs I'm kicking their ass." Matt said hugging the girl and she hugged back. When Matt kissed her lips gently I knew that she was Valary.

"Why?" Zack asked, slightly confused.

"Leg's is her Raving name." Matt grumbled.

"Rave?" Val asked wiggling out of Matt's arms. She looked at me then back at Matt with her eye brows knitted closely together. She was confused. No doubt about it.

"Sage is a raver. She just woke up from nearly a three day sleep. Apparently she was doing cocaine, pot, ecstasy, heroine and alcohol." Matt said glaring at me.

Realization flew over Val's face. At the mention of all the drugs being taken into someone as small as me she looked rather sick. She looked at me with horror. She looked at Matt. "What are we gonna do about it?" Valary asked. Her voice was strained and stressed.

"I don't know." Matt whispered. "I don't know." His voice was quiet and hollow. He sighed and shook his head while running his hands down his face; in frustration I assume.

I sighed heavily and shook my head. "I'm standing right here!" I said with a slight shrill tone to my voice. I took a deep breath. I felt their eyes on me. My body broke out into a sweat. My head was pounding; making my stomach turn in displeasure.

"You're not going to be able to stop the drugs on your own." I heard Zack said quietly from where he was sitting. I turned, only, my eyes to look at him. He frowned at my current state. He looked generally worried.

"Who said I wanted to stop?" I asked just above a whisper. I could feel the water building up from behind my eyes. I felt my cheeks burn scarlet. I held onto the counter top until my knuckles turned white. I was in diar need of a line. I always caught it before it was this bad.

"Sage." Zack said as he walked up to me. He placed his warm hand on my cold, clammy shoulder. "Look at you. You need some help." Zack whispered in a hurt tone. His voice wavered and his hand shook. I felt guilty. I made Zack and Matt worry. I sighed and shook my head. It was a life style I am used to. They aren't going to put up with it.

I'll have to be more careful next time.
♠ ♠ ♠
This could be better.
Drop a line.
Tell me what you think.