Broken Glass, Broken Hearts, Broken Staal

He could be oh never mind. but then again...

“Danielle do you really think this is a good idea?” Lexi sounded concerned after I told her my decision to semi let Eric back into my life. But then again if it was her in my situation I would be concerned too.

“Lexi it’s not like I’m dating him, we’re just friends. He needs to gain my trust back. I really can’t just throw what five years of relationship down the drain cause of a mistake.” No matter how many times I spoke those words it was hard to believe. Why did he deserve a second chance? I always tried to make the relationship work even though I never realized there was anything wrong with it. But then it just came back to those three words. I love him.

“Yeah but friends comes to more then friends, and then that comes to friends with benefits cause you both have a history, then that comes to you crying when he crushes you again.”

“Lexi! You are supposed to be supportive! Not try to scare me into being a pessimist!” I shouted.

“Well you don’t seem to see the reality of this Danielle. Guys don’t usually change over night…” she started. I couldn’t take her talking practically smack about him so I cut her off.

“No listen Lexi. I know what I’m doing.”

“Do you Danielle? Do you really?”

“Stop quoting Chad Dylan Cooper! We aren’t on Mackenzie Falls here.” She laughed but quickly brushed it off.

“In all serious Danielle honestly I think your making a big mistake. You are just setting yourself up for a big downfall.”

We sat in silence for a while. I just couldn’t wrap my head around it all. Lexi has been with me through everything from when I learned how to ride my bike to learning how to drive a car. We’ve been friends forever. I always took her advice for she was usually right.

“No Lexi. I would be making the biggest mistake of my life if I let him go.” After I said those words I heard a click and the line went dead.

“Danielle hurry!” Cam shouted from across the parking lot. We were leaving for New Jersey for the first round of the playoffs. I shuffled across the lot pulling my travel bag behind me. I heard footsteps and my bag was taken out of my hand. I spun around on my heel to see Eric throw my bag over his shoulder and walk towards the buss.

“And they said chivalry is dead.” I teased walking next to him. he threw my bag under the buss in storage and walked with me on the buss.

“They also said the Lochness monster doesn’t exist.” He said plopping down in the seat next to me.

“That’s because it doesn’t.” he shook his head and gave me a look of disbelief.

“Does so.” He taunted back. He grabbed his laptop out of his bag and went to Google and looked it up. He pulled up a picture and put his laptop on my lap.

“That’s just a rock.” I scoffed pushing the laptop back at him.

“Is not!”

“Is so!”

And that’s how our buss ride practically went. Arguing over the existence of a mythical creature of Scotland. Pathetic right? Most of the guys on the team thought so and moved towards the front of the buss to get away from us.

The buss pulled up at our hotel and we exited. I felt the urge to grab Eric’s hand but I resisted and walked a few steps behind him towards the receptionist. Eric stood in front of me and checked into his room. I then walked towards the receptionist and told her my name.

“I’m sorry. You are not on the guest list.” The lady said, tapping on the keys searching for my name.

“There has to be a mistake. Oh well can I just get a room then?” I looked over my shoulder and saw Eric walk over towards me.

“I’m sorry. We are completely booked.” I nodded my head and walked towards one of the couches and plopped down. The couch sunk down lower and Eric sat next to me.

“What’s wrong?”

“Nothing is wrong.”

“Danielle I’ve known you longer then that.” Eric was right. Whenever I was upset he could usually just sense it.

“They messed up my reservation and now I don’t have a room.” I said sinking lower into the couch.

“Well I don’t have a room mate so you can stay with me.”

“Eric…” I started. I couldn’t room with him. We are just trying to be friends. But then again friends do room together….

“I’m not going to let you run and find another hotel. Besides its Stanley Cup Playoffs there wont be any hotels.” He said standing up to grab our bags. I followed him into the elevator. We got out at the twelfth floor and walked towards his room which oddly was room one thousand two hundred and twelve.

He swung the door opened and threw our bags onto one of the couches. I followed the hallway towards the bedroom. Pushing the door open I froze. One freaking bed.

GREAAAAAT.
♠ ♠ ♠
i finally posted took me forever
i like cliffhangers as you can tell