Sequel: Walls
Status: finished. the story continues in the sequel.

Story of a Girl

You Look Amazing

Alex got up and yawned, looking at the clock. it read 3:37 in bright blue numbers. he got up and stretched, rolling out of the sheets and walking to his bathroom. He took a shower and then spend about half an hour trying to decide what to wear. He groaned and just grabbed a pair of black skinny jeans and a green shirt. He pulled them on, then put on his vans. He grabbed a black hoodie, his cell, and keys, putting the keys in the hoodie pocket and the cell in his jeans pocket. He fixed his hair and then looked at the clock.

It read 5:16.

He sat down on his bed, turning on the T.V. to pass the time before he was to pick up Sydney.

_______________________________________________________________________

Sydney groaned as she awoke. Her body was achy and protested getting up. She hadn't slept at all the night of the party, and getting home at seven in the morning just wasn't good enough. She laid there a bit longer and then got up. She took another shower and then blew dry her hair, letting the locks dry the wavy that they were naturally. She walked to her closet, standing in it with just her bra and panties. She rifled through her clothes and decided on a purple v-neck, a pair of black with white pinstripe trouser shorts that had clip on suspenders and a pair of black hightops.

She stood in front of her full-length mirror in the closet and nodded, deciding that her appearance was good enough. She walked to her bureau and did her usual make-up. She got up, looking at the clock. The purple numbers read 5:45.

Alex would be there in about fifteen minutes. She didn't hear yelling downstairs and prayed that her parents were getting along that day. She walked down and they were watching a movie together on the couch.

"Mom? Dad?" she asked carefully. both looked at her.

"You going out dear?" her mom asked lightly.

"Yes. And, uhm, he's coming to get me, so..." her parents looked at each other.

"He?" her dad asked. She bit her lip.

"Yes. But, we're just friends." her dad nodded. Her mother looked at her.

"When is supposed to get here, dear?"

"Six." her mom looked at the clock.

"It's almost six-" she was cut off by the doorbell.

Sydney flew to get it. She opened the door and there stood Alex.

"Hey."

"Hey, come on in." he nodded and stepped into the house he had become familiar with.

He followed Sydney to the room where her parents were. He took in their features. He saw who Sydney got what from. Her father gave him a warm smile.

"Hello."

"Hello sir." He got up and walked to where Alex was standing. He held out his hand and Alex shook it.

"Nice firm grip you got there, boy. And, no soft pansy hands." Alex didn't know what to say. so he decided to go with a nice polite,

"Thank-you sir."

"Gwen, come here and meet this young man." he watched as Sydney's mother got up. Sydney was taller than her mom.

"Hello. What's your name?"

"Alex Gaskarth, ma'am." he could see the wheels in her head turning. A look came over her eyes and he wasn't sure if that was a good thing or a bad thing.

"Hello, I'm Gwen. I'm sure that Ronald didn't introduce himself." her dad rolled his eyes.

Alex saw Sydney edging her way to the door so he followed her suit.

"Sydney, before you go...." he heard her groan but she walked to where her mom was.

Alex didn't hear the words being spoken, but he saw Sydney's face change from annoyance to pure pissed off. He decided that he'd wait outside. Her father followed him out.

"Ignore what my wife says. She's too judgmental." Alex nodded, unsure of what else to do.

Sydney came storming out of the house.

"Night dad." she said and gave him a quick hug and kiss.

She got into Alex's car and Alex gave her dad another handshake.

"Good night, sir."

"Night, son."

once they were three streets away, Alex interjected into the silence, "Wow, your parents...."

"Yeah. That's why I don't like sticking around the house. They were only acting civil around you. I bet now they're fighting."

Alex grabbed her hand and squeezed it.

"You won't have to worry or think about them tonight. Tonight, it's all laser tag!" his stomach grumbled. "After we eat of course."

Sydney laughed, her first laugh of the night. "Of course!"

They drove around some then decided on Panera. They ordered and sat down. They made small talk, nothing forced between them.

"So, do you like laser tag?" she smiled some and nodded.

"I haven't been since Ashton died though."she paused. "But that's alright, I know I'll still kick ass." she added with a smirk.

"Sureeee you will." he replied.

the two got up, bringing their cups with them and got into his car, driving to the place.

"Syd?"

"Mmhmm?"

"You look amazing tonight." a slight blush came across the chestnut haired girls cheeks,

"Thanks."
♠ ♠ ♠
comments?