Sequel: Walls
Status: finished. the story continues in the sequel.

Story of a Girl

The Day After

Alex awoke that morning with the girl curled up in his arms. she seemed more battered and bruised then before. Reality hit him hard then.

Sydney had been raped the night before.

He touched her face softly, his fingers feather soft on her bruised skin. He decided to let her sleep. He walked up to the kitchen where his mom sat with a cup of coffee.

"Good morning Alexander." he sighed, plopping down next to her. Her eyebrows came together in confusion. "What's wrong son?" he bit his lip unsure if he had the right to tell her, but finally decided that she may be able to help Sydney.

"I need to tell you something important." she nodded and took a sip from her cup of coffee. "Sydney was....she was raped last night." her face became one of shock. "He's now in jail. But....I'm afraid of what emotional and psychological damage it caused. He's...such fucking scum!" he shouted.

"Alexander!" she scolded, "I know you're upset-"

"More like extremely pissed the fuck off."

"Alexander." she warned. he sighed, his shoulders sagging. "Do you want me to go talk to her?"

"I don't know."

"Has she really talked about it to anyone?"

"We talked some last night. And to the police."

"Maybe I should go talk to her." he opened his mouth but she shook her head. "Alex, I'm sure talking to you helps, but she also needs to tell an adult. An adult that she trusts." he nodded, and walked with her to his room. They walked into his room to see Sydney sitting up with her knees to her chest. Alex's mom walked over and placed an arm around the frail looking girl. Alex watched as his mothers lips moved, but was unable to hear the words she was speaking. But he saw Sydney's walls crumble and he nodded, satisfied that his mom could help.

Alex was laying on the couch, just idly flipping through the channels when his mom and Sydney came up. She looked like she had taken a bath, and was wearing a pair of his basketball shorts and one of his shirts. Her hair was still slightly wet and she seemed more at ease. She walked over to him, and he could feel the warmth of the bath on her skin. her head was at his chest and her arms around his waist. he placed his hands on her lower back and kissed the top of her head. He smiled at his mom and mouthed 'thank-you.' she smiled and nodded.

"Alex?"

"Yeah?"

"Thank-you for everything. For last night, and for bringing your mom to me." he smiled and kissed her head again.

"No problem. I promised you that I'd be here for you no matter what. And I meant it." she smiled against his chest.

"I think....I think I should go home. At least tell my dad about it." he nodded and they got up, Alex telling his mom.

On the drive there, she was mentally preparing herself. he walked with her into the house, where her parents were sitting on the couch.

"And where have you been, SydneyRuby Maxwell?" her mother asked, an edge in her voice.

"Alex's. And the hospital." her mother's jaw dropped.

She walked over, now seeing the bruises. "Child, what happened?" she moved her head away from her mothers hands.

"Daniel." she said softly. Alex's hand found hers and he laced their fingers. Her mom looked at their hands and her face soured and she looked back up to them. "He....he raped me." she said, tears coming to her eyes again. Her dad was by her side in an instant. Alex allowed him to take his daughter into his arms.

"He...he raped you?" he asked, in shock and anger. she nodded and collapsed in her fathers arms. He cradled his daughter in his arms. Alex couldn't help but be moved by the sight. Sydney was always strong. He had only seen her cry over Ashton. and now he could feel and see her breaking.

Her father gave him a look, his eyes thanking him for taking care of her. He only gave him a reassuring smile back. Her mother had stayed quiet during this whole ordeal. Suddenly she whipped around and glared at Alex.

"This is all YOUR fault." she accused him. "If you hadn't come around then Daniel would've left her alone. If you hadn't been taking her out, and you two doing GOD KNOWS WHAT, then she wouldn't've been raped." Alex felt his jaw drop, and her words hit him like a slap to the face.

"MOTHER! ALEX HAS DONE NOTHING BUT HELP ME!!!" her moms face flushed with more rage.

"No. He's done nothing but ruin your life. He's the reason all those rumors were started about you."

"NO. Daniel started those after we broke up. It has nothing to do with Alex."

"EXCUSE ME? I think I know what I'm talking about-"

"No mother, you don't. You never have. You've never understood me or Ashton-" the woman slapped her face.

"GWEN! I WILL NOT LET YOU TREAT OUR DAUGHTER THIS WAY!!" Bellowed Sydney's father.

Alex, Sydney and her mom stood there in shock. Alex had never seen an explosive argument like this, and Sydney had never heard her father yell. Let alone yell like he just had. He placed a kiss on Sydney's forehead and then turned to Alex.

"Alex, I hate to ask you this, but can Sydney spend the night with you or someone else she is close with?"

"But Daddy-" her eyes were filled with worry. her father's eyes were pleading.

"No sweetie. Please?" she silently nodded and hugged him tightly.

"I love you Daddy."

"I love you too, Roo." she smiled and kissed his cheek.

Alex was completely bewildered, but laced hands with Sydney and the two left. On the car ride home, the car was silent. Sydney was simply staring out the window and when they got to his house, he walked with her inside.

"Alex, you're home. I was worried."

"Yeah." he said quietly. His mom walked in a worried look on her face. when her eyes landed on Sydney, she gasped.

"Sydney! Are you okay?" she half shrugged and then Alex's mom took the girl in her arms.

"Uhm....no." she said softly. Alex's mom took her from his arms and pulled her into hers.

"It's going to be okay sweetie. You can stay here as long as you like. We'll move you into our spare bedroom." she smiled at the woman.

"Thank you. I honestly appreciate it." she smiled as the woman smoothed her chestnut tresses.

"Sweetie, anything for you. You're the only girl that Alex has brought over frequently and let us meet." she half smiled, looking behind her at the boy. The look on his face was priceless. A mix of humiliation, embarrassment, and frustration. a small giggle escaped the girls lips. Alex smiled at her and then she was gone, down the hall with his mom. "Now, let's get you settled in. I'll give you some fresh sheets and we'll make your bed. Did you bring anyclothes with you?" thegirl shook her head."Maybe Alex will have something that would fit you. Since he wears girls pants and all."

"Mommmmm." Alex complained from the other end of the hallway. the woman smiled at Sydney.

"You can talk to me about it later if you want to."

"I might take you up on that." she smiled and the two disappeared.

Alex felt as if everything was going to get better.
♠ ♠ ♠
I just realized how much of this is through Alex's eyes. which is strange. I normally put it through the girls. anyway, hope you all enjoy this chapter. the time is currently 1 a.m. and I need to take a bath.

tell me what you thought?