Sequel: Walls
Status: finished. the story continues in the sequel.

Story of a Girl

The Second Party

The next weekend, Alex was at another party. He looked around for the chestnut brown haired girl, but so far had no sight of her. He walked by a couple making out on the couch, and as he looked over the girls face was revealed.

It was Sydney. She opened her eyes and they locked eyes for a few seconds and then she went back to kissing the guy. He shook his head and then walked outside. A few beers and hours later he heard some footsteps. He looked over and it was Sydney. She looked down at him and then sat beside him.

"Alex Gaskarth." she said softly.

He recognized her soft voice. She was always soft spoken. He looked over and his brown eyes stared into her bright green ones.

"Sydney Maxwell." he said taking a sip. She took a sip from her cup and then he sighed, looking around.

"Won't your boyfriend be mad if you're out here with me?" she laughed.

"He's not my boyfriend." he gave her a confused look.

"Well then why were you making out with him?" she raised her eyebrow at him.

"Like you don't have random hook-ups." he laughed softly.

"Well, I mean, why that guy though?"

"I don't know. He was there. And he told me I looked kissably cute. Which, I've come to find, I don't like." she said giving him a smile.

He noticed her lips were cherry red. He could smell the scent of the lip gloss. It smelt of cherries too. He tilted his head at her.

"Do you always just kiss guys who are there?" she closed one eye and looked at him.

"What are you gettin' at, Gaskarth?"

He laughed and shook his head, taking a sip.

"Nothing at all, Maxwell." Sydney shook her head and he asked her.

"So...that shotgunning guy, was he your boyfriend?" she raised an eyebrow.

"Nope. He's just the guy I shot gun with. It's not like we make out." he took a sip and she did too.

"Alex, what was with that look you gave me earlier?" he sighed.

"I don't know. I just think that you could do better. You could, I don't know, kiss someone who isn't 'just there.'" she raised an eyebrow.

"Oh really? Just like you could not have some random drunken hook-up?" he laughed, he guessed she was the female counterpart of him.

Minus the fact that she only made out with guys. Granted he had heard that some of them had girlfriends. He bit his lip and turned to her.

"So...those guys who are 'just there.' Do some of them have girlfriends?" she bit her lip and sighed.

"Yeah."

"Doesn't it make you feel bad?"

She nodded, "Yeah. Makes me feel like shit. But I don't feel it until after. Plus, it's them that has a girlfriend. If they didn't want to kiss me then they could've stopped it."

"Have you ever cheated?" she shook her head.

"Nope. And I never plan on it. When I'm with someone, I'm only with that one person." he raised an eyebrow.

"Really?" she nodded and then shook her head at him.

"I know you probably don't believe me. But I know the truth, and that's enough for me." he nodded.

"Why'd....why'd you leave school?" she gave him a sidelong glance.

"That, Mr. Gaskarth, we'll save for another party. I can hear Jack coming." she stood up and walked away, Alex watching her. as soon as she was inside, Jack was outside, trailed by Amanda. Jack didn't acknowledge Sydney but he saw Amanda stop and talk with her for a bit.

Alex didn't know why he was so intrigued by Sydney Maxwell.

But he couldn't help but look more forward for the next weekend.
♠ ♠ ♠
yes, I know that it's short.

they'll get longer. : )