Sequel: Walls
Status: finished. the story continues in the sequel.

Story of a Girl

Meeting The Parents

Alex smiled as the two walked into the restaurant. His parents were on their way, and had sent him ahead. He gave Sydney a hug and her father a handshake. The three were led to table and ordered drinks. About ten minutes later, Alex’s parents arrived.

Sydney had on a long sleeved plaid dress. She had pinned back some of her hair, and her bright green eyes seemed brighter. Her father had his hand on her lower back and he seemed to be happier. Alex figured he was just getting used to being divorced. Sydney spotted Alex and she started walking towards him, her father following.

“Hey.” Alex said smiling as he stood up. He gave the girl a hug and the man a handshake. “My parents should show up soon.” They nodded and Sydney slid into the seat next to Alex. Her father sat down beside her, and then a waitress came and took their drink orders. Twenty minutes later Alex’s parents showed up. They all greeted each other and the waitress came back with the first three’s drink orders and then took the two new ones. When she returned with their beverages, they all ordered and then the table fell into a slight silence.

“Well, I can’t thank you enough for taking my Sydney in. it means so much to me that you would do that.” Alex’s mom smiled, “It was no problem. You raised a very sweet and polite girl, Mr. Maxwell.”

Sydney’s dad smiled and Sydney blushed. “I did the best I could. Although Ashton was the main teacher of her manners. She looked up to him as her role model, always trying to make him proud.” Sydney felt a lump form in her throat and she tried to swallow it down.

An hour and a half later, Sydney and Alex were saying goodbye to their parents and headed to have a walk. “Are you cold?” Alex asked. Sydney laughed and nodded, “A little, just my legs.” They continued to walk and Alex had wrapped his arms around her.

They finally got to the pier and sat with their feet dangling. “I’ve always loved this view.” He laughed and nodded, “I have too. It just makes you think that no matter what’s going on in your life, there are still some beautiful things in life.” Sydney laughed and nodded, “Exactly.”

Alex had his eyes trained on the girl as her toes skimmed the top of the water. “Syd?” she looked over and gave him a soft smile, “Hmm?”

He hesitated and then let out a deep breath slowly, “Have you ever been in love with someone, but you weren’t sure how they felt. Because they didn’t believe in love?” Sydney laughed lightly and shook her head.

“No. Because of the fact I don’t believe in love. At least not for me anyway.” She watched him and then sighed, “But, I think that you should just tell her. Write them a song-do something meaningful so that she knows how much you care.”

He nodded and they sat in silence, looking out at the water. “Wanna come over and watch some T.V.?”

“Can’t.” When he raised his eyebrow, she gave him a smile, “Girls night tonight with Amanda, V and Kara.”

Alex laughed and shook his head, “Wow. So we guys are left out of the party?” she shrugged,

“You have a cell and a vehicle. You could find a party, no issue.” He laughed and nodded, “True.”

They got up and Alex took Sydney home, “I’ll see you later, okay?” she said giving him a light smile. He nodded, and after she was inside, sped off.

Sydney walked up the stairs to her room, and changed out of her plaid dress. She pulled on a pair of jeans and a shirt and then walked back down the stairs. She pulled out her cell and texted the three girls that she was home and that they could come over. Twenty minutes later there was a knock at the door. Sydney got up and let V in. “So a sudden girls night? What’s up?”

Sydney shrugged, and then bit her lip, “Well my dad and I had dinner with Alex and his parents.”

“Ohhhh.” The girl said, her pale eyes glittering with mischief, “Do tell.” Sydney laughed and shook her head, “Nothing happened. We ate and then afterwards Alex and I went to the pier. We talked some and then he brought me home.”

“Sydney, Alex is in love with you.”

Sydney rolled her eyes, and brought one of her bright red lips into her mouth, “No he isn’t. Alex and I are just friends. Nothing more.”

“Then why, pray tell, did he kiss you on Christmas.” Sydney froze.

“How do you know about that?” Evangeline laughed,

“Boys are just as bad as girls when telling secrets. And Alex told Rian, Jack and Zack that he kissed you. And Zack told me. I’m sure that Amanda and Kara also know.”

Sydney shook her head, “It was because of the mistletoe. That’s the only reason Alex kissed me.” Evangeline sighed, “Fine. If that’s what helps you sleep at night.”

Twenty minutes later, the other two girls appeared and then all piled into Evangeline’s car. They drove to the local movie rental place, which was a Blockbuster. The four girls walked in and were greeted by a girl who wasn’t even paying attention.

“What movies do you want?”

“Preferably nothing with killer clowns or any of the Chucky movies. Unless it’s ‘Seed of Chucky’.” The black haired girl said, bypassing the gore films.

“You don’t like them?” Sydney asked. She loved movies like that. The Saw movies were her favorite.

“Fuck no. I had nightmares as a kid with Chucky. Probably didn’t help that Damiean had a ‘my best friend’ doll.” The girls laughed and Evangeline flipped them off.

“I bet if Zack asked you to watch a scary movie with him you would.” Teased Sydney. She flipped off Sydney again.

“We have. And he had bruises of my hands on his arms for a week and a half.” Sydney laughed and then picked up a movie titled, ‘Gingerdeadman’ “Wow. What about this one?” Sydney asked showing V the movie. She looked at the title and shook her head.

“Lame killer movie.” Sydney laughed and shook her head.

“Then you pick some.” Evangeline laughed and nodded,

“Well if I get to choose, then I choose all of the Crow movies.” The black haired girl plucked up four DVD’s and then Sydney and Evangeline looked for the other two.

“So, V, if you don’t mind me asking....what are you planning to do when the guys sign? I mean, I know that Kara and Amanda plan on staying in Maryland for school, but Zack keeps talking about California.” V nodded and Sydney continued, “So if he moves out there, would you move with him?” Evangeline shrugged.

“I’m not going to revolve my life around a guy. So I’m not sure. I don’t want to make any rash decisions.”

Sydney nodded, “I get what you mean. And I’m glad that you’d actually think about it before rushing into something as serious as that.”

The black haired girl looked at Sydney and then looked away. “Yeah.” She said softly, “That’s just how I work.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Dinner.
After.

Soes here you go. this was supposed to be up last night, but my computer died. :/

so I would love to hear what you think.