Sequel: Walls
Status: finished. the story continues in the sequel.

Story of a Girl

Third Times the Charm

Alex walked into the already body filled house and went straight to the back porch. He spotted the chestnut haired girl almost immediately. From where he was, he wasn't sure if she was kissing the guy or shotgunning with him.

When she pulled away, he saw the end of a joint in the guys mouth. He shook his head, unsure if he should think of her as a pot head, or if she only did that because it was 'just there'.

he walked back into the party and got a beer. He took a sip, loving the feeling he got already, because his brain and body knew what was to come. He walked around and mingled for a bit then hours later he saw a girl. She was alone on the couch, and he sat down next to her.

"I don't believe that I've seen you here before. What's your name?" he asked, shooting her his heart melting smile.

The blonde blushed and giggled and she smiled at him, taking a sip of beer from the bottle in her hand and made a face, but tried to hide it.

"I'm Ambre." he smiled and leaned closer and she giggled again.

"Hi, Ambre. I'm Alex." she smiled and twirled some hair between her fingers. Alex could tell that she'd be an easy one. She scooted closer and then looked up to him, her brown eyes locking with his.

"I can't hear you over the music. Do you wanna go outside?" she said hopefully.

Alex grinned and nodded and they walked outside. They sat on the grass and she was sitting so close to him, it was almost his lap. He grinned and turned his head and kissed her. She kissed him back heatedly and pulled him closer. They kept kissing until their lips were swollen. Alex pulled away and she smiled.

"I'll be right back." she said and got up and made her way inside.

Alex felt eyes on him and then foot steps walk closer. He saw a pair of tattered converse, but they were too small for a guys feet. The girl sat down and looked over at him. He smirked as she took a sip from her beer, the color on her lips not leaving a mark.

"Am I supposed to ask if that was your girlfriend? Because I know she's not." he laughed, and shrugged.

"She was there." she laughed that time and shook her head.

She gave him a side long glance and he looked straight at her.

"Syd, can I ask you a question?" she nodded.

"Shoot."

"Why do you smoke?" she laughed and shook her head.

"I figured you'd ask me that eventually. I don't really know. It all started after all of the Daniel shit. It made me feel better. I'm not addicted."

"I've heard you can't technically get addicted to weed."

"I don't know. Well, I didn't get addicted to the feeling."

"So why do you do it at these parties?" she shrugged.

"It's just there?" she said. He laughed.

"I thought that, but I wasn't sure. So you'll do anything that's just there?" she shrugged again.

"I don't know. I...I just don't want to look back on my life and be disappointed. I want to say that I had as much fun and that I wasn't afraid to try almost anything once." he laughed some.

"I guess that's one way of thinking about it."

They sat there in silence, but it wasn't an uncomfortable one. They understood that words didn't need to be spoken constantly. Sydney looked back and smirked.

"I'll be going now. You're girl is coming back." she got up and brushed her hands on her pants, and walked away. Alex watched her as she left, leaving him more intrigued than before.

He couldn't understand why he wanted to know so much about the girl he hadn't seen since freshman year, and probably hadn't talked to since then. he took a sip of his drink and smiled at the girl who had taken Sydney's spot on the grass. The blonde smiled and lent in and he began to kiss her again. Shortly after they found themselves in a bedroom.

Alex awoke the next morning, the girl still asleep. He got up carefully and got dressed. He walked out of the room soundlessly and down the stairs. When he was walking through the living room only one person was awake. He squinted saw that it was Sydney. He stumbled over a can and she looked up, giving him a smirk.

"You're friends left a long time ago." he made a face.

Leave it to Jack to leave him the one time Alex rode with him and Amanda. Sydney laughed.

"Do you need a ride home?" he raised an eyebrow.

"I'm sure you don't want to walk home. And if you come with me, the sooner you can be in your own bed, forgetting that girls name." she teased.

He rolled his eyes but nodded. She waited at the door for him and then they headed to her car, which was the only one not blocked in. They climbed in and Sydney handed Alex a pair of sunglasses, because the sun was just rising.

"Do you think we could go get some coffee first?" he asked. She looked over at him, her yellow sunglasses looking perfect against her hair.

"Sure." she drove to the coffee shop. They got their coffees and she drove them to the pier. they sat and drank their coffee while watching the sun rise.

Alex was finding out that Sydney was nothing like he expected.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments? : )