Sequel: Walls
Status: finished. the story continues in the sequel.

Story of a Girl

Everyone Thinks So

Sydney was sitting at the park again two days later. She wasn't able to get out early enough the day before to return his jacket. She had it on at the moment and she was just thinking. She was wearing her red RayBan's today. She had on some black skinny jeans and an orange v-neck. On her feet were a pair of purple Nike dunks. She held her cell phone in her hands and her car keys were in the hoodie pocket, in case she wanted to go by her house and get her car.

She was so used to her parents arguing all the time; that her body normally got her up early enough to get out of the house so she didn't have to hear it. She was knocked out of her daydream by a honking. She looked over and rolled her eyes. There stood Alex. He was grinning, standing outside his car. He opened the door and rolled up the window and then walked over to her. He sat beside her, the two of them just watching as the little kids played.

"So-"

"Sorry about not coming yesterday." he shrugged.

"It's cool. I've got more than one hoodie." she half smiled.

"So I'm guessing you like it?" he asked, a somewhat cocky smile playing on his lips. she rolled her eyes.

"It is pretty comfortable." he laughed and then looked at his cell.

"Hey, come to rehearsal with me? Then we can head to a club that Zack was invited to." she thought a moment then nodded.

"Sure. Sounds great." he smiled and they got off the picnic table and walked to his car. She sat back against the cloth seats and sighed. The windows were down and the end of summer was was whipping her hair.

When they got to the same place as two days ago; Jack, Amanda, Zack, Rian and Kara were standing outside. They all had scowls on their faces but when Amanda saw Sydney she smiled. Sydney walked over, and stood next to the dirty blonde girl.

"What the hell, Alex? You said you'd be here a half hour ago." Rian snapped.

Sydney looked at them, and then she looked at Alex. He was shrugging, unlocking the door. Amanda nudged Sydney and she rolled her eyes, following the group inside. She sat on the couch again and watched as the guys rehearsed with all they had. She could help but feel a smile tug at her lips, she knew that this was everything to these boys. She was beginning to feel restless again, but right before she got up they finished.

"We need to shower and then meet up at the club." they all agreed and went their separate ways.

Sydney walked down the street while Alex was firming up the plans with the others. She was almost to the coffee shop when he pulled up.

"Come-on. You know I'm not going to let you walk home." she smirked and shrugged.

"I'm thirsty." he laughed and rolled up the window, turned off the engine and got out.

He followed the chestnut haired girl inside and ordered his coffee. They sat across from each other while waiting, and when their coffees were ready, went and sat under the umbrella's outside. they drank in pretty much silence, making comments casually about different things.

"So, Syd, Mands said that you were saying that you might come back to our school." she raised an eyebrow.

"You've asked around about me Gaskarth?" he laughed, shaking his head.

"Only the first night." she laughed, surprised that he had admitted it.

"Wow.Should I be honored?" she said, a playful grin on her face. He rolled his eyes and then laughed.

"So, I know you don't want-" he was interrupted by her cell going off.

She talked into it quietly and then hung up. She gave him a slight smile.

"Turns out, my parents are going to go out tonight. So, you don't have to drop me off at the corner." he shook his head.

"Good. I felt like such an ass." she smirked.

They finished their coffees and then went out to his car. They rode with the windows down and Blink blaring. When he pulled up, she got out and he followed her inside. They went up to her room, and he saw that it was clean, but there were also clothes everywhere.

"I don't think I've ever seen clothes like these." he commented sitting on her bed.

He heard her laugh from the closet.

"You wouldn't. I buy clothes and then modify them for me. It gives them a special touch. I've also make some of my own." his eyebrows raised.

"That's awesome!"

he heard her laugh again and then she emerged in the same pants but an off the shoulder black top with a giant peace sign in the middle in glitter. She had on a pair of black and white peep-toe flats. He smiled.

"I made this top." he walked over and surveyed her up and down.

He smiled and gave her a thumbs up. She rolled her eyes and then walked to her bureau. She sat in front of it, and straightened her hair. She re-did her eye makeup and then put on her cherry red lip-stain with the same color gloss on top. She stood up and turned to Alex. He smirked and the two of them left her house. They drove to his so he could shower and change.

Sydney followed Alex to his room and sat on his bed while he showered. She laid back and just closed her eyes, relaxing. She had never had a friend like Alex. He wasn't using her to gain anything. He didn't make moves on her, and he never made her feel uncomfortable. Sydney could talk with Alex in a way that she never had been able to talk to anyone before. She heard a door open, and she sat up. His mother was standing in the doorway.

"Oh, I thought that you were Alex."

"He's in the shower." Sydney replied politely. The woman smiled at her, walking in.

"Hello, I'm Alex's mom." Sydney gave her a smile.

"I'm Sydney." his mom eyed her up and down and gave her a smile.

"You're quite beautiful." Sydney blushed and gave her a smile.

"Thanks." The woman smiled and brought the load of clean laundry into his room.

The bathroom door opened and Alex walked with just a towel on. He gave his mom a smile and the woman smiled back.

"I didn't know you had brought a girl over." Alex smirked.

"Mom, this is-"

"Sydney. I know." She gave Alex a look that Sydney couldn't read and he rolled his eyes.

Sydney and his mom walked out of his room so he could change.

"So...how long have you and Alex been dating?" Sydney looked up abruptly.

"Pardon?"

"Well, I just figured that you two were together."

Sydney shook her head.

"Nope. We're just friends." she could see the slight disappointment in the woman's face. But she didn't have time to question it. Alex walked into the room and the two of them left.

"So...what did you and my mom talk about?" Sydney looked over at him a smile playing on her lips.

"It's a secret." he rolled his eyes then turned up the music.
♠ ♠ ♠
thoughtsssss?

I'm trying to make all the chapter titles slightly relevant to the chapter itself, and three words long. {sans chapter three when it's technically four, but I'm not counting the 'the'}