Love Struck

I will keep your secrets

I shot up from bed, panting and gasping. The nightmare that I had was so vivid. I could not really comprehend what had happened but those images that ran through my mind were so scary. So surreal that I pray, nothing and I mean, nothing had happened to my parents.

"Oh dear, you are finally awake," I turned my head to the side and saw a nurse. I blinked a few times and my eyes widen as I finally realized that I was in a hospital room. I opened and closed my mouth quite a few times before staring at her. She gave me a sad smile and I could feel the tears started trickling and my chest felt tight.

"Where- what- no," I stuttered and shook my head when she came towards me. Judging by the look that she gave me, what I saw in my nightmare was not a nightmare! It was real and it definitely happened. As she placed her hand on my shoulder, I could not help but burst out sobbing and crying like a mad woman on the loose.

"I wish I could say all the things that you want to hear but dear, we're sorry," She said softly. Almost too softly. I could not even listen to what she was saying after that for I had bawled my eyes out.

***

I sighed and leaned back against the bench. The air in the park was so pure and so fresh that I feel at peace. It had been a week after that vital hit-and-run accident that killed my parents. I wished I had not said what I told them that day, if I could turn back the time I would definitely say the opposite.

"Marie dear, I am going to your grand-mère and I expect you to study," Mother stated as she gracefully walked inside my room. I looked up from my homework and shook my head. She raised one of her eyebrows and crossed her arms.

"Why can't you just stay here and be for me?" I pointed out and closed my book. "I am tired of doing my homework, I want to go to grand-mère as well," I said animatedly and crossed my arms as well. Mother's eyes narrowed and she shook her head.

"No need for you to do such a thing, child, you are to concentrate and get good grades," She said flatly and pushed more of my books towards me. "You are the heiress to this villa and you will learn all these necessary things," She continued and I suddenly felt a spark of anger inside me.

"This is definitely NOT about me, isn't it? This is your way to repay grand-mère for pushing you to be a perfectionist isn't it?! I HATE YOU, I HATE YOU AND PAPA!" I shouted and mother's hand flew to my face. I felt tears rolling down my cheeks and I held my throbbing cheek.

"You will not disrespect me, young lady, now go and do your work," She told me as calmly as she possible could. I gave her a look and she turned around to leave the room. "Make sure everything is finished," She said and mumbled softly, "We are doing this for your own good, love,"

"Vous pouvez aller et de mourir," I said loud enough for her to hear. I saw her face changed but as quickly as it appeared, it disappeared just like that.


"Are you okay?" Someone, with a soft voice chirped beside me and I gasped and whirled around, forgetting the part that I was on the bench, in which resulted in my being on the ground, looking at the little guy. He had the most beautiful smile and a cheery aura surrounded him. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to do that," He pouted and I just stared at him in mute surprise before standing up and shaking my head.

I look around and tried to find any means of being in the park that could relate to this boy but when I found none, I looked down at him. "What are you up to, kiddo?" I asked him and sat back on the bench, facing him.

"My name is Nathanial but... but, you can call me..." He trailed off, puffing his cheeks in such a cute way that you could not help but smile at it. "AH! I get it," He snapped his fingers and leaned against me before whispering, "Tank," and pulled back. I raised one of my eyebrows and stared at him.

"Aren't you afraid that I might kidnap you or do something to you?" I asked him, crossing my arms. He gave, what it seems to me, a smirk and I ended up giggling.

"My brothers didn't teach me something for nothing," He grinned and I nodded my head before holding my hand out. He studied my hand for a while and smiled before shaking my hand.

"I'm Mariposa, but you can call me Marie," I grinned.

Image
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh, I finally have the time to post up my story here! Hope you enjoyed it (: Thanks for reading! And sorry for the lack of Jonas? ;)