Stranger

chapter 2

Image

I walked into the cafeteria but when I noticed that everybody was there, I felt a tightening in my stomach and instantly, I took a step back, colliding into somebody bigger than me making me fall over.

“Oh my god! I’m so sorry! Here, let me help you up”, a guy said stretching his hand out for me to take.

I take it and look up at him and suddenly, my breath gets taken away by how he looks.

His dark black hair was covering the left side of his face while his eyes were rimmed with heavy eyeliner, his green eyes shining in the light and his lip glimmered because of his lip ring. He was wearing a grey hoodie and pink and red striped gloves.

I brush off the dust from my jeans while he hands me my bag.

“Here you go. I’m Alex, by the way.”

“Cassie. Thanks for helping me up”, I smile.

“Sorry for knocking you down. You’re not hurt or anything are you?” He asks, sympathy etched across his face.

I giggle and suddenly get a burst of confidence making me ask him, “How about you make it up to me and join me outside?”

He stretches his arm out again and I take it as we stride towards the doors. The sun hits my face and I take in the smell of the grass and I catch Alex looking at me.

“What?” I ask him.

“Did anyone ever tell you you’re pretty?” he asks, making me blush for the second time today.

He looks down on the grass and smiles, “At least now you know.”

I take his hand suddenly and pull him over to the benches by the parking lot. Everyone else was inside and talking so we were alone. He sat on the bench and I sat on the table, playing with his hair.

“So tell me about yourself Alex.”

His green eyes look up at me and I suddenly feel naked; almost as if he could see right through me but his smile is reassuring.

“I’m Alexander Corgan. Just turned 17 two days ago and…hmm…I’m not really that popular and I am definitely not a straight A student. How about you Cassie?”

“I’m Cassandra Sanders. I’m still 16 but I’m turning 17 this October 31st and never had a boyfriend.”

My jaw suddenly drops when I said that, making Alex giggle. He took my hand from his hair and suddenly, all my inhibitions were wiped away. He pulled me so I was sitting next to him and wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

“Don’t worry. We’re in the same department. And it’s nothing to be embarrassed about. Just shows you don’t fling yourself to random people. That’s respectful.”

I snuggle closer to his chest and take in his scent. “Mmm…” I mumble and Alex just holds me closer.

“So Cassie, have you ever noticed your name is Cassanders?” He asks me, making me look up at him, confused.

“Think about it. If you combine your name, it becomes Cassanders.”

“Eww Alex! Don’t ever say that again!” I scream, hitting him playfully on the arm.

Only then did I realize his well toned muscles. He wasn’t buff like the jocks but he was still toned.

“Ouch! Okay, I promise!” he says, placing his left hand on the place where I hit him.

At first I thought I really hurt him but then I saw his reassuring smile again. Then I knew he was playing along.

Alex and I talked during the whole lunch break and when the bell rang, he walked me to my first class in the afternoon. HISTORY. I hug him for the last time before going back to my regular seat at the back. I took out my journal again and began writing down all my thoughts using my favorite purple pen.

My hair fell across my face, creating a curtain between me and the world. I was early for class again so no one else was inside until a familiar pair of blue eyes and another jolt of electricity tingled across my cheek, causing my head to jerk up and hit someone straight on the chin.

“Max!”
♠ ♠ ♠
700 words. It's still short for me but...it's all I have so far.

comments will be nice.

*skittles for everybody* XD

and I'll try and post pictures of Max, Alex and Cassie ASAP.

XoX-LOSER-XoX