Stranger

chapter 5

Cassie's POV

By the time I got home, I was confused like hell. It has only been the first day of school this year and already, I have two people to fuss over. I mean, I just met them today and they are already fighting in front of me.

On one hand, there was Max who was absolutely gorgeous. With blue eyes that stood out against his black hair and pale complexion. He had this angelic appearance that also managed to contrast his rebellious personality.

On the other hand, there was Alex who was the nicest, most comfortable person I have met. He had these green eyes that I could spend forever staring into. He couldn't really compare to Max physically but there was just something about him that made me want to trust him with my life.

I shook my head in disbelief. I haven't even known these two for more than 24 hours and already I was thinking of them like THAT.

As if on cue, HE passed by. His white hair shining with the sun, his hazel eyes focused on everything else other than me and his long, slender fingers drumming against his leg. He was having one of his personal piano concerts in his head again.

Kyle Fitzgerald

Amazing how I have never spoken to him before but I knew almost everything about him.

Kyle Fitzgerald, only child, 18 years old, pianist graduated early because he simply is THAT smart and works in the bar a few blocks away from my house. Not the kind of bar where people are drunk but a classy kind. Come on. He plays the piano there for the patron's entertainment. He doesn't really need the money but he does it just to kill time.

Kyle walked past me and I could smell his perfume. I had to will every fiber of my being not to stand there like a total lunatic sniffing around and maintained my composure.

I opened my mouth, about to say Hi or at least something intelligent to catch his attention but my throat felt dry and tight. He walked on until he was nothing more but a retreating back and I just stood there, unable to move and speak.

After what felt like a lifetime of standing there, I realized, I blew my chance to talk to Kyle again. I held in all my emotions and continued to trudge home without realizing he looked back.