Sequel: She's Dancing Alone

Dark Eyed Dreamers

Forever the Sickest Kids

I looked around what I could see of the building. I was in awe. Alex began to giggle from my side and placed a hand on my shoulder.

“Come on, we gotta go in a little room over here,” Alex said pointing down the hall to a small door. I nodded and followed him into the room. Alex had brought me down to the studio while the guys made their own way there. After I arrived Alex gave me a brief on where everything was and here we are now. Alex pushed the wood open revealing two other boys. Zack had his bass hanging from his neck while Jack had his back to us playing random chords. Zack smiled and nodded as he saw us enter causing Jack to turn around. Upon seeing us he swung the guitar around his back and hugged Alex before coming and kissing my forehead. “Who’s it today?” Alex asked taking a bottle off a shelf in the corner before sitting down on a blue sofa which went perfectly with the light blue walls.

“Rian’s just got one more song to record and we’re putting the chords over summer after we put some bass in,” Jack replied grabbing the guitar from behind his back and leaning against a ledge. Both Zack and Alex nodded in understanding. I stood awkwardly in the doorway for a while before somebody opened the door opposite, out walked Rian twirling his sticks between his fingers. Upon seeing me he grinned, walking across the room I was wrapped in a tight hug.

“How long have you been here?” Rian asked as he pulled away.

“I dunno, about a half hour?” I shrugged. “Jack said I could come along and see what went down,” I explained looking over at Jack who nodded and took a sip from the water bottle he had in hand.

“Zack?” Someone called from behind the open door Rian had entered through. Zack jumped to his feet and scurried through the door, the excitement was clear on his face.

“Okay, wanna practice?” I heard Alex say to Jack. He nodded in reply and pushed himself off the shelf.

“Wanna catch something to eat?” Rian asked me as the boys gathered their guitars and pulled a few sheets off a short wooden table.

“Sure!” I replied smiling at the drummer. Jack jutted his lip out as I rolled my eyes and left the room with Rian. After making sure the door was shut Rian turned to face me, his face was soft but serious.

“Bri, I really need to talk to you,” he began. I furrowed my brows and gave him a sceptical look.

“Is there something wrong?” I asked cautiously.

“Not wrong as such,” he sighed dropping his eyes to the floor. “It’s about Jack.”

“Is something wrong with him? Is he okay?” I asked reaching for the metal handle only to have Rian grab my hand.

“No, it’s nothing like that,” he assured me. I returned my hand to my side and faced him fully waiting for his answer. “I just wanted to know, how much does he mean to you?” He asked cautiously. I raised a brow at the question.

“Why do you ask?” I questioned.

“Curiosity.”

“Okay, well. He means a lot to me. Has done for a long time now,” I replied with a nod feeling slightly awkward.

“Honestly?” He asked. My thoughts rushed back to my conclusion the few days before and the colour ran to my cheeks.

“Honestly.” I nodded averting my eyes from his.

“I think he’s gonna need to talk to you soon.” I was confused.

“What do you mean?” I asked tilting my head to the side.

“Well,” he began letting out a sigh. “He’s... different around you. A lot’s been going through his mind. You two really should get things more out in the open,” he concluded.

“Rian,” I groaned rolling my eyes.

“Yeah I know, none of my business. But you were the one who said you wanted to tell each other everything, no secrets,” he argued. I flattened out the corners of my shirt and bit my lip.

“You’re right,” I muttered before looking up at him. “Can we just go get food?” I asked to which he smiled and gave me a long hug.

“Sorry,” I heard him whisper before pulling away as we both took down the hall. I love Jack.
♠ ♠ ♠
I apologise at how bad this is:
erratic
almost.easy
slashXdash
abnurmel
adri


-THE RIPPER