Sequel: She's Dancing Alone

Dark Eyed Dreamers

HelloGoodbye

As we walked from the building I called home a light wind caught up strands of my hair causing me to pull my coat tighter.

“Yeah,” I muttered. We walked silently for a few moments, presumably thoughts were running through our heads. They were definitely running through mine. “What would it take for you to get mad at me?”

“What?” I heard Jack ask frowning and turning to look at me. I tilted my head to the side before answering him.

“I’m curious.” Jack’s face softened as he put an arm over my shoulder.

“A lot,” he answered with a small chuckle.

“Well yeah but, how much?” I asked looking up at him.

“I can’t really see myself getting mad at you,” he answered honestly.


I sat thinking about those few moments over and over again and let out a long sigh. It had been over a month since then and I was beyond worried. I shook my head before making my way to the kitchen. I pulled a carton of orange juice off the side along with a glass and poured myself a cool drink. Graduation was only a couple of weeks away and I was scared. Rian hadn’t told me any more of what Jack apparently wanted to talk to me about. And Jack hadn’t spoken to me about anything particularly awful. All Time Low had finished in the studio so they’d all made up for the time lost between not only me but all our other friends and family members. I ran a finger through my hair before setting the glass on the side. Jack’s birthday was in a few days and he was over the moon about finally turning eighteen. A lot of the boys let out groans as the date neared but I would always let out a laugh and have him crush my lungs in one of his over-excited hugs. I thought about what would happen to me after graduation.

All the guys and the girlfriends were planning on spending the few months we had together before we all set off for different colleges. Carolyn and I were attending the same college not too far away from home. Louise would be one of the hardest to let of. I’d never been as close to a girl as I had to her. I always felt awkward and like I didn’t fit in with the female scene but then Louise came along and brought out the confident side in me. I guess I did the same for her. I’d developed a stronger relationship with Kara who actually had a lot in common with me. I didn’t know about any of the guys. They kept on saying things about staying close so I assumed at least one of them had chosen to come to the same college as us or take a job nearby but none of them had given any definite answers.

The band had gained a lot more local fans since getting signed to Hopeless. They’d set up a MySpace and put a few songs on which people instantly loved. They’d even recorded a video for two of their songs but hadn’t released them yet. A lot of opening acts were offered to them in and around the state whenever a band toured and needed a local act. Whenever we could Louise and I would attend the shows. Carolyn, coming from another school, had a lot more time on her hands and went along to a lot more of their shows than Kara and us were able to. Whenever the guys had played a local show that I was unable to attend Jack regularly stumbled through my door in the early hours and cuddled into my side. It was hard not seeing him as often as I’d liked to but we spent a lot more time with each other at school and on days where we weren’t preoccupied.

I heard a door open and close knocking me from my thoughts. As I leant my hands against the work top I turned my head in the direction of the doorframe just in time to see Jack walk in. My face soon plastered in a smile as he walked over and tied his arms around me from behind.

“I missed you so much,” he greeted kissing my collar bone through the material of my shirt and resting his chin against my shoulder. I leant my head against his as I smiled in reply.

“You too,” I whispered licking the side of his face.

“Brianna! That’s gross!” He giggled wiping the saliva from his face. I couldn’t help but laugh as his arms removed themselves from my waist allowing me to turn around. He rolled his eyes and let out one last laugh before leaning forward and pecking my lips.

“Where’ve you been anyway? I thought you didn’t have a show today?” I asked placing my hands on his shoulders as his returned to my sides.

“I’ve just been with my family, quality time and all,” he nodded. I smiled at the thought of him spending time with fellow Barakats. Aw. “Hey, don’t patronise me,” he frowned obviously picking up on the look on my face.

“I’m not; I like the fact that you spend time with your family. It’s cute,” I said scrunching my nose up and momentarily pressing it to his. I saw him bite down on his lip.

“Yeah, well I don’t know how much longer I have with them,” he replied avoiding my eyes. I pulled him close and hugged him tightly.

“I know it’s hard leaving. I’m going through the same thing,” I whispered.

“You have no idea,” I heard him respond almost inaudibly. “I have something I need to tell you before graduation,” he replied pulling away from our hug and looking me straight in the eyes.

“Go on?” I urged replacing my hands on his shoulders. He opened and closed his mouth trying to phrase his words correctly.

“Promise you won’t get mad or feel awkward or upset or anything?” He requested. I replied with a simple nod as he studied my face. “Could you take your necklace off?” He asked. I frowned lightly and looked between the boy and the ornament around my neck. I tossed him a sceptical look slowly taking the jewellery off and placing it behind me on the counter. He whispered an ‘okay’ to himself before taking one of his hands and reaching into his back pocket. His pulled his hand back out. There was a small piece of a thin silver chain hanging from one side of his fist. He held his hand in front of him to which I dropped my hands and took the object from him. On closer inspection I saw this too was a necklace. I took the clasp at the top of the chain between my index and middle fingers allowing it to unravel before me. I felt Jack’s eyes upon my face watching my reaction. I allowed the pendant at the bottom of the chain to stop twirling before bringing up my other hand to hold it closer and allow for inspection. Running my fingers over the object I noticed the small silver sculpture was a heart. The carvings in the front of the figure were perfect and framed the silver in the most beautiful way possible. The small hinge on the side revealed that the pendant was in fact a locket but my eyes barely noticed any of these things. They were already transfixed on the words carved within the metal.

I Love You.
♠ ♠ ♠
I think one person got what this would turn out to be? Hey guess what? I have 113 subscribers on this story! Hey guess what? I only get about 7 comments per chapter! Not happy with that.
thegetupkay
Hopelessly Waiting
erratic
almost.easy
slashXdash

The more you comment the more I update.

-THE RIPPER