Sequel: She's Dancing Alone

Dark Eyed Dreamers

I Am Ghost

I looked up from the necklace and cradled it in my hands. Jack’s face was pasted with worry as he chewed on his lip.

“Say this,” I commanded. He frowned lightly as he eyed me.

“What do you mean?” He whispered.

“Say this,” I repeated holding up the chain so he could see the letters. A nervous smile tugged at one of the corners of his mouth.

“You can’t make this easy can you,” he laughed lightly. I stayed still looking him in the eye as he turned serious once again. “I love you.” I felt my breath catch in my throat at the words. Hearing them out loud felt so much better than I could have imagined. I took the necklace from my hand and tied it around my neck before cupping Jack’s face and pressing my lips to his. After pulling away I leant my forehead against his and studied his expression, as he did mine.

“Do you really mean this?” I asked trying to make sure.

“I do,” he confirmed. “So how d’you feel about it?” He asked.

“Relieved,” I sighed. His eyebrows rose lightly at my reply.

“What? Why?” He asked in shock.

“Well, considering we’re being open,” I began. “I liked you for such a long time it was so easy for me to fall for you but I was scared to say anything,” I confessed.

“You- You mean you feel the same?” He asked cautiously. I laughed lightly and nodded my head. His response was involuntary. A large grin spread across his face causing me to smile. The fact that my feelings had this effect on him made me feel so much better about myself. I planted soft kisses under his jaw as he smiled. His hands ran soft circles on my back as I buried my face into his neck.

“I love you,” I whispered into his ear. I could feel him shudder lightly against my frame and smiled.

“I love you too,” he responded.

“It feels so good to be able to tell you that,” I sighed.

“I know how you feel,” he mumbled nuzzling his face into my hair.

“Wanna hang out with the guys today?” I asked pulling away from him causing him to grunt.

“Can’t it just be us? I’m sick of seeing them,” he joked. I rolled my eyes and walked into the front room, Jack was hot on my tail. I slipped a disk into the sound system and turned up the volume just as the music kicked in. Jack sat himself on the sofa as I made my way around the room doing small errands and singing the tune to myself. “What album’s this?” He asked. I put down the photo I was holding and took to my feet and grabbing the case.

“This would be the music of Hayley Williams, Josh Farro, Jason Bynum, Zac Farro and John Hembree,” I confirmed before placing it back on the side and walking over to Jack.

“I like the way you sung that,” he commented putting his arms around my middle as I sat next to him and put my legs over his.

“Thank you,” I said before leaning my head against his shoulder and shutting my eyes.

“You’re so beautiful,” he whispered causing me to giggle and hit his chest.

“Shut up,” I retorted not letting my eyes open.

“Fine, but you can’t change my mind,” he argued as I felt him kiss my forehead. I opened my eyes and looked at him for a long moment. I stared, expressionless before cracking a small smile and pointing to the words on the chain hanging from my neck. A grin widened across his face as he took in my small gesture. “I love you too.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hopelessly Waiting
slashXdash
lottie2427
softbatch
eileen162
thegetupkay
adri
xPaint_Your_Targetx
UnderScore_

Thank you for your kind wordsyou make my life better. There will be more soon, things will get... interesting. Comments will make these updates better.

-THE RIPPER