Sequel: She's Dancing Alone

Dark Eyed Dreamers

Mayday Parade

I woke up, however kept my eyes tightly closed. I groaned lightly and shifted in the spot I’d grown accustomed to during the night. I soon realised the figure I was clinging onto was that of Jack as I tugged on his shirt. I allowed my eyes to open slowly, wincing as they adjusted to the light of the room. I gently lifted my head to see if Jack was awake. As I lifted my head I noticed his eyes glued to the ceiling. I smiled leaning my chin down onto his chest, just watching him. Unfortunately I wasn’t quite gentle enough as his eyes dropped to me, his familiar smile had warmed his face.

“Good morning,” he greeted with a small almost inaudible laugh. I grunted lightly, rubbing my eyes and letting out a silent yawn.

“Morning,” I sighed before grinning.

“How are you feeling?” He asked. I shrugged there was a slight ringing in my ears causing me to have a minor headache but nothing serious.

“I’m okay,” I replied a little hoarse as my voice was still in a sleeping state. He smiled wider, rubbing my arm lightly.

“Good,” he whispered straight before I leant back into him and re-shut my eyes.

“What time is it?” I muttered to which he let out a laugh.

“I can’t tell when you’re like this!” He exclaimed gesturing to my curled state. I growled a little, rolling onto my back with one arm above my head. I felt his hand slip into my pocket, bringing out my phone before replacing it less than a minute later. “Almost noon,” he whispered before kissing my temple and shifting off the bed.

“Fuck,” I sighed calmly.

“Is something wrong?” He asked as I opened my eyes. I propped myself up on my elbows, looking across the room as he pulled his jeans on. I shrugged admiring what I had in front of me.

“Hm, not really,” I answered. “I just never gave you your present,” I explained. His eyes drifted to mine, lingering on my face as he tilted his head to the side. He made his way back over to me, kneeling down and taking my face in his hands and he pressed his lips softly to mine.

“You’ve given me enough,” he argued. I frowned in disapproval.

“I spent enough money on this, you better not have had enough,” I stated. He let out a chuckle returning to grab the rest of his clothes from the bottom of the mattress.

“If you insist,” I heard him mutter slipping his arms into his jacket.

“Where are you going anyway?” I asked as he slipped his shoes on. He grunted.

“I’m planning on leaving before everyone starts waking up and complaining they have a hangover,” he explained before looking up at me. “Wanna come?”

“Well I’m not gonna stay here alone in a house full of strangers am I?” I rolled my eyes as if it were the simplest question he could have asked. We grabbed what we needed, thanked and wished goodbye to Alex who was sat at his kitchen table with a cup of coffee in hand before making our way out the door. Our fingers laced together as we made our way back to the house which was closest: mine. “Stay here,” I commanded to Jack as I sat him down on my bed. He nodded once before I turned my back and made my way out of the room. Quickly skipping down the staircase I ran to the closet. At the back, buried behind the mass of coats and jackets, stood a tall black box. I carefully shifted it out of the way. I winced as the box made a small thud against the floor. After closing the door I lifted it from the ground, carefully and quietly ascending the stairs. I walked through the door, setting the box on the floor in front of where Jack was sat and kneeled, smiling at him from behind it.

“What’s this?” He asked tilting his head to the side and running his fingers over the rectangular box.

“You won’t find out unless you open it!” I stated shaking my head. He shrugged as if to say ‘fair point’ and sat it on his lap. Flipping the silver buckles at the side he opened the lid revealing the present. I heard his breath catch in his throat as his eyes scanned the reflective wood. I sat down next to him, not disturbing him once as he continued to look at the glistening instrument. “Do you like it?” I asked biting my nails. He turned to face me, placing the case lightly on the floor.

“Thank you so much for this, it really does mean a lot to me,” he stated seriously before wrapping his arms around my neck. I smiled to myself and returned his hug. Mission accomplished.
♠ ♠ ♠
This sucks but I'm busy and rushed. Oh well.
abnurmel
UnderScore_
Hopelessly Waiting
erratic
adri
All.Time.Low. xoxo
slashXdash
lottie2427
.
Interesting updates in the near future.

- THE RIPPER