Sequel: She's Dancing Alone

Dark Eyed Dreamers

NeverShoutNever!

“Sell me out I’m yesterday’s old news, phrases left on paper black ink bleeding through,” Alex sung into the microphone. His eyes were lightly closed and his fist clenched around a guitar pick as he strummed on the acoustic guitar. I let out a long low sigh as I watched from the side of the small stage.

“Why can’t you do that?” I asked nudging Jack who has his arms wrapped around me from behind and his head leaning on my shoulder as we watched Alex’s solo moment.

“Thanks,” Jack mumbled, I could hear the disappointment in his voice as he did so.

“I’m kidding,” I whispered turning my head and nuzzling my nose into his hair. “You’re perfect,” I added kissing his temple.

“I’m gonna miss not seeing you as much,” I heard him sigh.

“It’s not like we’ll never see each other again,” I pointed out right before he changed the topic.

“After the show d’you wanna just hang out in the back?” He asked. I smiled, nodding against his dark mane. As Alex finished up the song he turned his face to brush his lips against mine before grabbing his new guitar once again and returning to the stage with the other guys. I leant against the thick black wall adjacent to my side and watched as the guys swapped instruments and set themselves back up.

“Okay, this is our last song,” Alex announced.

“Yeah, Alex has had his solo moment we can all go home now,” Jack joked into the microphone. I let out a small chuckle as the crowd laughed. Alex playfully scowled at Jack before continuing. I sighed leaning my head on the wall as they began to play. All their hearts went into the performance that was one thing you can tell. Even though they were only starting out, playing local shows this was still all so new and amazing to them.

“They deserve this,” I heard a voice from behind me. As I turned around I saw a tall dark haired girl. I smiled as Carolyn as she took a place next to me.

“They do,” I agreed.

“Come on, we’ll go wait for them,” Carolyn concluded as Jack, Zack and Alex climbed on the amps at the front and started bouncing, encouraging the crowd to do the same. I nodded once, following her off to the back of the stage. Not many people were back stage considering the gig. All Time Low were opening for Hit the Lights, they were quite popular around our area so naturally, a lot of people turned up. One of the other bands signed to hopeless, There for Tomorrow, were also a supporting up, taking the spot after our friends. As we walked into the back I recognised two of the members, Maika and Chris stood unloading some of the drums. As we approached Chris lifted his head, smiling and nodding in our direction. I sent a small wave in his direction as we walked past and out the back door.

“They get better every time I see them,” I smiled striking up conversation.

“They do,” she agreed. “They’re gonna be big,” she nodded leaning against the brick.

“Yeah,” I thought lightly furrowing my brows. The smile was gone from my face as I bit my lip. What if the guys did get big? Their music was definitely good enough. They all had talent and they all work so hard. Now that they were signed they were destined to go somewhere. What would happen if they did? Would I be able to go along? I doubted it. Jack would be away for so long, phone calls wouldn’t be enough for either of us. Chewing on the inside of my life I tried to think positive. They might not get too big. Who knew, the company could go bump and then they’d be back at the beginning. I shook my head of the selfish thoughts I had. The guys worked hard for what they’d got and I was thinking about them losing it all? Yeah, I’m a great friend. I heard laughter near us, the door we had walked through open and closed. Four sweaty chuckling boys all piled out: first Jack, then Zack, Rian, and finally Alex. Alex had a towel hanging over his shoulders as he exited, his hands running through his damp hair.

“Well hello gorgeous,” I heard Jack greet, chirpily kissing my cheek and tying his arms around me, lifting me off the ground as he did. “I had a feeling this would be where you disappeared to,” he laughed. I sent him my best fake smile and bowed my head, hugging his body and not caring about the stench or moisture of his clothes. “What’s wrong?” I heard him ask. How could I tell him? I never want to lose you.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry if this update's bad. I'm really not feeling all too great about a lot of things at the minute. I sound like a whiny emo kid. Oh well.
abnurmel
adri
lottie2427
Hopelessly Waiting
slashXdash