Sequel: She's Dancing Alone

Dark Eyed Dreamers

We the Kings

I nodded and leant my head against the boy sitting next to me.

“I love you,” I whispered. A smile spread across his face and he smoothed out my messed up hair.

“I love you too,” Alex smiled back. I sighed and shut my eyes as I pulled my feet up to my chest and leant back on the wall adjacent to his bed.

“Alex what am I going to do?” I asked quietly.

“Well I can’t help you if you don’t tell me anything sweetheart,” he chuckled, however I stayed silent. I’d been at Alex for almost an hour, dropping hints as to what was refraining me from reuniting with my smile, but never actually telling me what was going on between me and Jack. I sat looking at the ceiling for a long moment debating whether I should actually tell him or not. I figured, why not? Along with Jack, Zack and Rian Alex was my best friend. I could trust him.

“I slept with Jack last week,” I whispered as I looked back down at him. His eyebrows rose but he didn’t seem to completely get the problem.

“Well, what’s wrong? Do you regret it? Are you pregnant?” He began to guess but I bit my lip and shook my head.

“You remember Jon?”

“Jon...” he trailed off trying to search for a face to put the name to.

“You invited him to Jack’s party, he turned up with Adam,” I mumbled and began playing with the sheets beneath me.

“Oh him. Yeah what about him?” He asked cautiously. I let out a low sigh and refused to let my eyes meet his out of pure embarrassment.

“He kissed me at graduation. Jenna and her boyfriend saw. He told Jack.” I got more and more silent as I carried on. By the time I’d finished the room fell completely silent. I winced at the lack of sound, it was deafening.

“Did you kiss him back?” Alex quietly asked. I merely shook my head and rested my chin upon my knees.

“Bri,” he whined moving closer and wrapping his arms around me. I leaned into him but kept my hands around my legs.

“He told him,” I said quietly. Alex pulled back and tried to look me in the eyes but I still avoided his.

“Has he spoken to you?” He asked with caution in his tone.

“I was there when it happened.”

“What was his reaction?” He asked whilst lifting my chin so I had no choice but to face him.

“He told me he believed me when I said it was unexpected,” I replied dully.

“Well then what are you worrying about?” He asked breathing out a sigh of relief.

“Why wouldn’t he be disappointed? What if he thinks it over and realises he could do better? He could never trust me again after this Alex.” I could feel my voice begin to crack but Alex took my face between both of his hands and forced my gaze upon him.

“Brianna. Jack loves you. If he says he believes you he means it. He’d put himself through hell just to make you happy and more than anything he trusts you,” Alex began making me think twice about my worries. “He knows you wouldn’t lie to him. You’ve given him everything now and he hasn’t left. You two are supposed to be together,” he finished. I took a shaky breath and nodded. He kissed my forehead in a brotherly manner and pulled me in for a real hug. I slowly put my arms around him and buried my face in his shoulder. I couldn’t lose Jack.
♠ ♠ ♠
A real update. I love everyone who commented with all my heart. Well hello 151 subscribers and 900 readers fancy doing me a favour and commenting my writings? Would help me and I'll reply to any questions. Thanks.

-THE RIPPER