Sequel: She's Dancing Alone

Dark Eyed Dreamers

Juturna

“Come on! Tell me what you want!” Jack demanded getting in my path once again. I rolled my eyes, actually starting to get frustrated with the boy.

“Jack, I don’t care what you get me. I don’t care if anyone gets me anything! I’m only a year older. I don’t see the big deal,” I shook my head and moved past him.

“Yeah but turning eighteen’s different. You can legally have sex with me now!” He exclaimed. I turned and raised an eyebrow in his direction. “Emphasis on legally.” I rolled my eyes and carried on walking. It took nothing longer than a few seconds for Jack to reappear at my side.

“Don’t get me wrong I’ll be happy with whatever I receive but I don’t want anyone to feel like I’ll hate them if they don’t buy me something. No one’s obliged to get me presents,” I tried to assure him.

“So what do you want?” He asked. I groaned heavily and let my shoulders go limp.

“Jack you infuriate me!” I screamed.

“You love me though,” he reasoned.

“No! No I don’t. I hate you and this is why!” I joked. The wounded look on his face gave him just enough vulnerability for me to tackle him in a hug.

“I hope you didn’t mean that,” he mumbled after gaining his composure and walking along still in the embrace.

“Well, do you think I meant it?” I asked looking up at him as our feet lead us to an unknown area of the carnival.

“Yes,” he replied simply.

“Ouch. It hurts that you think I’m that much of a heartless bitch,” I frowned voicing my honest opinion.

“It hurts that you’d even joke about that,” he sighed dropping his head. I stopped us both causing him to turn and look at me to which I kept my arms around him and firmly pressed my lips to his.

“I love you a lot Jack. Trust me, if there was even a slight chance that I could feel that way I wouldn’t even let something like that pass through my mind,” I assured him. A small smile passed across his lips as I pulled away and slipped my hand in his.

“I’ve already got you something,” he began reverting to the previous subject. I turned to look at him as he looked down at his feet. “I just wanted to get you something I know you definitely like in case for some reason this didn’t go down well,” he explained looking up at the path in front of us.

“Whatever you’ve got’s gonna be perfect. You know me better than I know myself,” I shrugged looking back forwards.

“Well, you like shiny things. And silver. And fancy stuff,” he trailed off.

“Yeah?” I asked more than confirmed trying to see where he was going.

“Is that enough?” He asked tilting his head at me.

“Jack. That sounds expensive,” I stated. He let small laughs escape his lips as he squeezed my hand tighter.

“Money’s no object.”

“Yeah but you already spent enough money on the necklace,” I assured him running the chain through my fingers and clutching the heart. He had an amused expression on his face and shook his head lightly. I gave him a confused look and he explained himself.

“I didn’t buy that necklace.”

“Huh?” I asked even more confused. I racked my brain for explanations but I only came to one conclusion. “You stole it?” I asked with wide eyes. His laughter was louder and more animated now.

“No stupid! It was my grandma’s,” he shook his head as his laughter ceased.

“Then why did you give it to me? If it was hers, it’s something to remind you of her,” I reasoned.

“The metaphor’s meaningful but if I said it out loud it’d be so cheesy. Can we leave it meaningful?” He asked shaking his head and rolling his eyes.

“No! I want you to say it.”

“Because she gave it to me, then I gave it to you. So now you have my heart,” he explained awkwardly as if he were ashamed.

“Awe!” I squealed suddenly hugging him as tightly as I could.

“What?” He asked returning the hug.

“You’re right that is insanely cheesy! But it’s the most adorable thing ever. Aw, I love you,” I gushed.

“I feel like such a girl!” He whined.

“Oh shut up,” I scolded pulling away from him and twisting the heart in my fingers feeling quite smug. “Where did Rian say we should meet up?” I asked re-lacing our fingers.

“Uh, by the Ferris wheel. Where ever that is,” he mumbled the last part causing me to smile.

“I think we’re going in the right direction, come on,” I grinned tugging on his hand and leading him through the park. God I loved him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Remember, I said this was a filler. Guess what guys! The next chapter's her birthday. What's gonna happen at said birthday? Comments will mean you'll get the update today. No comments mean 'fat chance'. Simple really. I really liked people's comments on the last chapter about things people don't know and I gotta say I really feel for some of you. Makes me feel like I'm sitting down and drinking coffee with you all. My question to you this time is what is the funniest thing to ever happen to you? I stayed up 'til 4AM at my best friend's house then we realised we had no where to sleep so she went to find something to sleep on and came back with a blow up watermelon chair. I laughed so hard I fell over her little sister's doll house. Life is a funny thing.

-THE RIPPER