Sequel: She's Dancing Alone

Dark Eyed Dreamers

Metro Station

I took a lift back with Louise. Carolyn was going to meet with Zack and Rian was going to pick up Kara and make sure she was dressed. Alex left with Jack to go and rent some movies. As we entered the house we ceased our laughter and I threw my keys on the side.

“Mom? You home?” I asked taking my jacket off. After getting no answer I turned to Lou and shrugged. She smiled in return and took off in the direction of one of the staircase. I followed her to see her trailing into my bedroom. She instantly skipped to the mini fridge, opening the door whilst tucking her hair behind her ear.

“Girl you have nearly no alcohol!” She complained bending down and looking around the shelves.

“So I need to go buy some,” I shrugged. “Big deal,” I replied with a smile. She let out a short sigh and grabbed a couple of bottles and cans before shutting the door and standing up straight. “Well while you raid my chilled products is it okay for me to get dressed?” I asked leaning against my desk.

“I suppose,” she joked. “Am I okay to change into some of your clothes for the night? I’m gonna feel ugly with everyone in clean clothes with me being all sweaty,” she grimaced at her attire.

“Sure. Now get out of my room!” I giggled pointing a finger in the direction of the door. She quickly scurried past me and I locked the door. After changing into a new outfit I resurfaced from the room only to have my spot in the room replaced by Louise.

After a few moments I found myself setting out the few bottles Louise had placed on the counter top alongside various snacks. The doorbell rang, snapping me from my concentration. I put down the rest of what was in my arms and went to open the door. Everyone had met up with each other beforehand and taken a ride to my house, so when I opened the door five faces smiled back at me. I frowned inwardly and looked around the faced.

“Where’s Jack?” I asked.

“He’s just gone back to his place to pick up some more stuff, he’ll be here before you know it,” Alex smirked stepping forward and giving me a quick hug before moving past me and greeting his girlfriend who had finally emerged from my cave. I greeted everyone else and allowed them to take seats while they debated on which movie to choose. I excluded myself from the discussion and hung around the door like a bad odour. What seemed like hours rolled by before a knock suddenly echoed from the wood of the front door. I quickly swung the door open and leaped on the boy. After stumbling a small amount his wonderful laughter filled the room and I pulled him inside. I hadn’t forgotten about his behaviour from before but I was willing to push it aside for now. I shut the door behind me and pressed my lips firmly to his. He responded quickly tying his arms around my neck as I pulled away and sighed in relief. I wrapped him in another hug and stayed there for a while.

“I missed you,” was all I said. When I looked back up he had a sad expression on his face. I simply pecked his lips once more before we were called in to watch the movie. It was a romantic comedy, which made a change from all the stuff the guys normally put on. Looking around the girls all had content expressions whereas the guys’ looked mixed. I smiled to myself and settled onto the end of the sofa with Jack between me and Alex.

Half way through the film I began to get bored, everyone was adding laughs here and there but nothing kept me entertained. I leaned into Jack and rested my head on his chest. He didn’t do anything to this, just kept his eyes on the screen. A few more moments passed and nothing else happened. I decided the dryness on my tongue and the back of my throat was becoming aggravating and turned towards Jack.

“I’m gonna go get a drink. Want anything?” I whispered to him.

“Nuh,” he answered keeping his eyes glued to the screen. I sighed and took to my feet. I felt some people’s eyes on me as I walked away with folded arms upstairs. I heard a small whisper and by the time I’d reached the top step nothing more was said. I walked into my room and sat down, taking a soda from the fridge and popping it open. I took a small sip before there was a light knock on my door. I snapped my eyes in the direction of the white wood and as if the person on the other side could see a small crack appeared in the door. Stepping forward I saw Jack’s smile and the room felt a lot brighter. He came in, shutting the door quietly behind him and leaned against it.

“What are you doing here?” I asked.

“You asked me if I wanted a drink. I didn’t say I didn’t want to just hang with you,” he explained coming taking a place next to me.

“So you want a can now?” I asked holding mine out to him. He simply laughed and swatted my hand away before placing a kiss on my cheek. I could feel myself smile as he did so and I placed the soda on the side. I turned back and sat watching him smile at me and mirrored his expression. Every now and then he’d peck my lips which would make me grin like a lunatic. Within a few moments we were both lay down and had totally forgotten about the people occupying the downstairs of my house.

“I take it there’s some things you want to know,” Jack stated more than asked. I bit down on my lip and half turned to look at him.

“And I take it you know what I want to know?” I asked him. The reserved look he had on his face was enough to confirm what I’d thought. “What’s going on Jack?” I whispered.

“Nothing,” he shook his head earning a frustrated sigh from me before taking my arms from around him. “It’s just this mess that Zack’s in. He’s got some personal issues going on and it’s getting us all down. You don’t need to worry about anything though,” he confirmed sealing it with another kiss.

“I’m sorry,” I apologised. His face softened up and he nuzzled his face in my neck. But something didn’t seem quite right. He began to attach his lips to my neck and my eyes fluttered shut. My arms looped around his neck as he continued to massage my skin. Laughter came from downstairs and I felt my cheeks flush. He sensed me tense and bit down to make me forget.

“They’re preoccupied,” he smirked as he sat back up. My cheeks turned a brighter shade of red at his words and I propped myself up on my elbows.

“Jack, I’m not doing anything while other people are in the house,” I stressed. Just as the words left my mouth the door swung open to reveal Alex.

“Whoa seriously guys,” he chuckled with raised eyebrows. “Your folks just called,” he began turning to me. “They’re gonna be home soon. So uh, nothing else,” he winked before closing the door. His footsteps echoed and me and Jack turned to face each other. With that we both burst out laughing and followed where Alex had just been.
♠ ♠ ♠
If you can wait 'til I get home
Then I swear to you that we can make this last
(La la la)
If you can wait 'til I get home
Then I swear come tomorrow, this will all be in our past
It might be for the best

-THE RIPPER