Sequel: She's Dancing Alone

Dark Eyed Dreamers

Iggy Pop

Jack

I felt a beam of light on my face causing me to turn my face away. Opening one eye I saw that I was the only one on the mattress. I frowned and turned my head back round. When my eyes focused I saw Brianna sat on the sofa underneath the window. The shirt she was wearing was cut across the neck and hanging off her shoulder. Her fingers were gliding over the keyboard of the laptop sat across her knees. Climbing off the bed I walked over to her, sitting by her side and resting my head on her shoulder. This seemed to snap her out of her trance; she jumped lightly earning a chuckle from me.

“Good morning,” she sighed.

“Hey,” I yawned.

“You can go back to sleep if you want,” she said returning to the laptop.

“Nah, I was hoping we could go do something today” I suggested.

“Jack we do something every day,” she pointed out. I brought my head up off her shoulder and turned to look at her fully.

“Yeah well, I meant just us two, the others don’t have to come along,” I explained. Her fingers stopped dancing across the keys and she turned to look at me. She tilted her head to the side and stared at me for a moment.

“Alright,” she nodded before shutting the screen and shoving it to the side. “What do you suggest we do?” I shrugged, resting my elbow on the back of her sofa and leaning the side of my face across my palm. “Very helpful Jack,” she giggled mimicking my actions and resting her cheek on her hand.

“Well you aren’t giving any input!” I pouted.

“I’m a girl! I can get away with it, you’re supposed to be the superior sex, you come up with something,” she laughed poking her tongue out at the end.

“Well I’m glad you agree that I’m superior,” I replied smugly wriggling my eyebrows at her.

“Hm, at some things,” she replied also playing with her brows. My jaw dropped slightly as she let out a ferocious laugh.

“Did you just flirt with me?” I asked in disbelief. This only caused her to laugh more in response. “Oh my god you did!” I exclaimed. I smiled and watched her as she pulled her legs up to her chest. I liked this girl so much, my best friend of all people and she made me feel all kinds of things I knew I weren’t allowed. I glanced at her wide smile and longed to just call her my girl. Then it sunk it. Last night. She wasn’t my girlfriend. I’d cheated on Jenna. I’d cheated on Jenna with my best friend and I’d done it on purpose. I felt a rush of excitement chorus through me. I’d played her at her own game. Hell, I could even use this as my alibi. I couldn’t help the grin forming on my face as I lunged forwards tackling Brianna onto the floor. She screamed and when both our eyes focused I was sat on her, my face in her neck and her hands gripping my shirt. We looked at each other and burst out into more laughter.

“What the hell was that for?” She wheezed. I adjusted my position to hovering over her, the sun shining on her face through the window.

“I’m just in a suddenly very good mood and I think we should call it movie day,” I grinned down at her. Her eyes sparkled as she grinned and next thing I knew I was on my back. I shook my head and looked up to the doorway where Brianna’s arm and face were visible from behind the wood.

“I got popcorn!” She yelled before turning and dashing out the room.

“Oh no you don’t!” I called back quickly scrambling to my feet and following her at a pace out the door. You see, me and Bri always played some sort of prank on each other when it came to the snacks. It was a habit we’d picked up on from when Bri and Louise first started having movie nights with us guys. We decided to let their nachos soak in orange juice. What we didn’t know is they’d put salt in our sodas. So we never trusted each other to get snacks alone.

As I approached the door to the kitchen I had a door slammed in my face. Groaning in frustration I pushed down on the icy cool handle, only to find it wasn’t budging.

“Aw Bri c’mon!” I whined trying again on the handle.

“Sorry kitty, only mature people are allowed in the kitchen!” I heard from the other side of the door.

“Kitty?” I asked confused. “Mature people? You’ll probably replace sugar with chilli powder!” I objected resorting to banging on the white painted surface. The door opened and there stood the small girl, a bowl tucked in one of her arms while her other hand fed her light popcorn.

“What?” She asked casually. I smirked at her.

“Gimme some,” I began before frowning. “If you haven’t poisoned it that is,” I corrected myself. She rolled her eyes taking out a random piece of corn and licking it thoroughly to prove herself before handing it to me. I looked down at the piece in my hand with one brow raised. Shrugging I popped the piece into my mouth, a little girl drool never hurt anyone right? “You know it’s kind of like we’ve made out now,” I pointed it suppressing a laugh in wait of her reaction. The brunette’s eyes bugged and she began choking on the snack she was stuffing in her mouth. I let out a light chuckle before thinking about actually making out with her. “That reminds me, gotta go do something,” I concluded before leaning forward and planting my lips on her cheek as she coughed lightly into the back of her hand. “I’ll be back in a few minutes,” I smiled before turning on my heel and making my way out of the front door. Taking my cell phone from the zipped up pocket in the back of my jeans I typed in a few numbers as I made my way across the lawn. The phone rang twice before there was an answer on the other end.

“Hey Baby,” I heard a female voice from the other end of the phone as I searched for my car keys in the same pocket.

“Hey Jenna? Is it okay if I come over? We really need to talk.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Any thoughts as to what happens next? I'm so sorry this updates a day late, but I'm home! Second update coming soon. kelseybarakitten', Selleck, abnurmel and slashXdash complete my life.

-THE RIPPER