Our Little Fairy Tale

Revelation

"Renesmee, what are you doing here?" Demetri's eyes widened as I entered his large luxurious room. It was funny that I had spent all my time in the Volturi with Demetri and I had never seen his room. Of course, there was no bed just a large red and gold sofa with drapes that matched the colour scheme and covered windowless walls. The mahogany cabinets were the same as the drawers and wardrobes taking their place spaciously in the room.

I directed my eyes back to his dark gold ones. "I came to see you. Marcus told me what their "plan" was." My voice broke as I told him. I didn't want to be on my own in this place. It would kill me now that I was used to having someone to fall back on when I needed them. That person was Demetri and without him, I wouldn't survive.

He nodded his head slowly and his dark eyes were riddled with unmasked pain. “I don’t know what to do. They’re not going to change their minds.”

“You’ve done enough, Demetri. It looks like it is about time I learned to survive in this place on my own,” I smiled up at him gratefully as I took a seat on the large sofa and he placed himself beside me. “I just came down here to say thank you,” I continued. “I don’t know how insane I would be right now without you.”

“Renesmee,” he tried to say but I cut him off.

“No, I’m serious. Thank you.”

His lips curved up into a soft smile as he turned fully to look at me. “You won’t be here forever,” he said.

“Yeah, well I hope not.”

His cold pale fingers moved slowly to my face where he placed a lock of hair behind my ear, leaving the tingle of his finger on my cheek.

“Believe me, you won’t,” he repeated as he moved closer and kissed me softly on the forehead. It didn’t feel like anything intimate, though. Well, not like me and Jake. It was like he said, as if I was his sister. It felt the same way when Uncle Emmett or any other of my family kissed me.

I didn’t feel it until it fell but a single tear glided down my cheek.

“Your crying,” he half laughed, mystified at my expression.

“I know,” I laughed at myself. “I just didn’t realize how close you were to me until now. It is like you have become part of my family. It’s nice to know you are there.” I wiped away the tears.

“See,” he pointed out. His face suddenly became filled with pride. “I told you that you could trust me. And I will be here for you anytime you need me,” Demetri then hugged me close for a long moment. “Ness,” he finally said when he pulled away from me. “How did you get them to agree to let you down here? Because they seemed pretty adamant that we were not going to see each other for a while.”

I swallowed hard and lowered my head to my lap were my fingers were fumbling with a loose thread on my jumper. Could I really tell him what I had done? Did he even know about what Aro did to his own sister?

“Oh you know me,” I waved my hand. “I am good at batting my eyelashes.”

“And a horrible liar,” he added, eyeing me up and down. Damn, he could read me like a book.

I huffed loudly and sat back on the couch, “I blackmailed Aro through my thoughts. But I am not telling you with what, I just needed to see you.”

For a moment, when I looked at him, I thought there was a need for me to pick Demetri’s mouth from the floor.

“You what?” He blurted and I jumped at his sudden outburst. “Are you insane, Ness? You don’t blackmail Aro,” his voice was raising in pitch.

“Well, I just did so deal with it,” I defended myself.

“Deal with it? You want me to just deal with it? Are you trying to get yourself killed?”

“He is not going to kill me. He is curious to see what this new power is. Believe me, that last thing he is going to do it kill me,” I shouted.

“Ness, you are not invincible. They will have no trouble in killing you. And you don’t even know what your power is about yet. It might not be as strong as you think.”

“Look, I will be fine...”

With that, a hard knock pounded on the door.

“Everything alright in here?” Caius stepped inside, his almost white skin and hair making shivers creep down my spine.

“Everything is fine. I was just leaving,” I muttered under my breath.

“Good because I was just coming for you,” he smiled evilly.

I could feel my body drain of its entire colour and the blood in my legs felt like it had turned to water. Immediately, Demetri’s firm grip was wrapped around my waist.

“Are you ok?” He whispered as I tried to stand up straight.

“I’m fine,” I responded, fighting back the nausea that was travelling towards my throat. “What do you want with me?” I turned to look at Caius, not really caring about much other than getting rid of the sickening feeling caressing my body and making me shiver.

“We are going to hunt. You obviously need blood,” he eyed me up and down. “And since you will not take to our lifestyle and take what is given you, someone will have to bring you hunting,” he stated coldly.

“But Demetri can bring me. He always goes with me when I hunt,” I tried to sound as if I wasn’t begging but I was failing miserably.

“Yes, I have learned of Demetri’s recent conversion to your diet but you know you two are being separated. It is for your own good, Renesmee. Trust me!”

Oh, that made my blood boil. He wanted me to trust him? After everything he put me through when I tried to trust him before?

“Ugh,” I grunted, breaking from Demetri’s grip and taking a few confident strides towards him. “I have heard that before and look where it has got me. Caius, I wouldn’t spit on you if you were on fire and you want me to trust you? Not as far as I could throw you.”

For a moment, the vicious look in his crimson eyes’ made me think he was going to crack but after a deep breath he gripped onto my wrist and smiled.

“Say goodbye to Demetri. We are going hunting,” he demanded in a tone that made me doubt ever being so confident towards him in the first place.

“Goodbye Demetri,” I murmured feeling the pain on his ice grip shoot through my arm.

“I’ll see you later, Ness,” he winked with a soft smile before Caius dragged me away.

I struggled as he pulled and pulled until we were walking – well he was dragging and I was pulling – down a dimly lit hallway, where only two large candles lit the gold tiled floors and rich red walls.

“You are hurting me?” I finally screamed.

“Good,” he shouted back coming to a sudden halt and turning sharply so that his face was directly in front of mine. His red eyes’ bore through mine as he searched them. I didn’t know what he was looking for but his breath was cool as it swept across my skin.

“Caius,” my voice wavered. “Let go of my...” but he cut me off and I winced as my back slammed painfully against the concrete wall. “Caius,” I yelled but once again he cut me off. His mouth locked with mine. For a moment, he just stood there frozen until he started to move against my lips.

“Get off of me,” I yelled and it echoed around the empty hall.

He licked his lips, “playing hard to get can be very seductive,” he growled and he danced his fingers over my collar bone. I could feel my heart beat frantically against my chest as I froze in place with fear. His hand then glided over the curve of my hip.

“Please don’t,” I begged, swallowing the terrified drenched lump choking me as cold tears fell from my eyes’.

But he didn’t listen. His body pinned against me, making it impossible for me to move as his lips glided against mine once more. His rough kiss made my lips sting and I tried to fight once more as his hand caressed the lining of my jumper.

Then something in my stomach knotted and my eyes’ widened on his face. A face I hated so much I wanted him to crumble with pain. I did not want him to look at me the way he did or feel me the way his hand grabbed at my bear skin. My sobs stopped and my eyes’ focused on him and I couldn’t stop myself from looking at him, from wanting to make him feel pain and not me.

I tried to scream when he lifted my leg to his waist but my body wouldn’t let me and his lips were stopping me. It was like the fear took hold of me and I wanted to hate him more. My chest was rising and falling frantically and feeling of pure focus on him got stronger.

“Leader?” I heard a voice call but nor Caius or I responded. It sounded like Alec but I didn’t care and Caius didn’t look like he cared either. Good, now Alec would see him for what he was. Then, Caius’ grip around my tight weakened and his eyes’ popped open. He eyes’ were directed at me but it seemed as if he was not looking at me.

“I can’t see,” he murmured. “And I feel numb, I can’t feel anything,” his cold voice trembled. “Alec,” he screamed right at me but my focus on him would not falter.

“What is going on,” I heard the unmistakeable child-like voice of Jane, but she sounded so far away and the further she sounded the more I hated Caius because he was all I could see and my entire body and energy felt like it was projecting towards him.

I hated him.

With that thought, his eyes’ widened, boring through me and he fell to the ground with an agonizing scream but I couldn’t look away. Even when he was rolled up on the ground I couldn’t stop looking at him. It was like all the hate towards him was burning through my eyes’.

In the distance, I could hear commotion and a lot of it. I heard people screaming my name but I couldn’t look away and the knot in my stomach was burning until I felt like collapsing.

“Ness, sweetheart, stop,” I jumped; now looking up into the eyes’ of Demetri who was cradling my face in his hands. The endless tears were falling from my face as my weak body leaned against the wall with Demetri supporting my weight. Caius’ screams had died down and members of the Volturi were at his side in seconds. When I opened my eyes’ Aro and Marcus were standing a few feet away from me, staring at me with searching eyes’. Renata, like always was almost stitched to Aro’s side and Felix was standing close behind them. Both Alec and Jane stood there with mystified expressions on their faces.

“Ness,” Demetri wiped the tears away from my face with his thumb as my lids closed with weakness. The burning knot in my stomach calmed a little when I placed my hand over it. “Ness, did he hurt you?” Demetri asked and I could hear the anger and bitterness in his voice. “What is wrong with your stomach, did he do something?” He asked more anxiously when I didn’t answer.

“No,” I whispered sounding out of breath. “I don’t know what is wrong with it. It is just burning a little but it is getting better.”

“Are you sure? Did he hurt you?”

“I hope you are not implying that Caius would do anything inappropriate with Renesmee without her permission?” Aro interrupted. I wanted to defend myself and Demetri and scream at everybody and tell them what he had done but I was sure they already knew.

Demetri turned slowly and I watched as his mouth formed into a hard line but before he could get mad I placed my shaking hand on his. Please do not get mad, I begged through my thoughts. Just agree with him.

He looked towards me briefly and reluctantly nodded. “Of course not,” he told Aro.

“Demetri,” Marcus quickly interjected. “Make sure the girl is ok and then you will take Miss Cullen hunting tonight.”

“Of course,” Demetri agreed gladly and it felt like a tonne of bricks had been lifted from my shoulders.

“You will also take her hunting every other night from now on. Nobody else is to take you hunting, Renesmee,” He nodded towards me. “Is that understood?”

“Yes,” I murmured, just about finding my voice while at him gratefully.

“Come on, Ness,” Demetri held out his hand as Caius stood up. He looked bewildered and baffled at everything that had gone on. I didn’t feel so baffled. I felt drained and weak. Maybe hunting was exactly what I needed, and now the burning in my stomach was only barely there. “Lets get you out of here,” Demetri grabbed my hand, disconnecting my hateful glare on Caius.

This time, I willingly went along, leaving the chaos behind me. We stayed silent until we reached the forest which was about twenty minutes outside the city when we ran fast enough.

“I have always respected the Volturi leaders,” Demetri finally spoke. “But never in my life have I wanted to break one of their necks like I have back there.”

My whole body felt numb now and all I could do was look at him with almost dead eyes. I could still feel him against my body and taste him on my lips.

“Hey, are you ok?” Demetri took both my hands in his.

“I will be,” I shook my head and took a deep breath. “I think I need to sit down,” I said making my way through the forest to a large rock.

“Be careful next time Ness. I think you just realized that you are getting more powerful than the minute and I wasn’t the only one in there that knew it was Alec’s power you used to cut off Caius’ senses. Then, the minute Jane came anywhere close he fell to the ground in pain and it was her power that was used. It’s just we both know it was not her that used it. Alec and Jane are both very powerful in their own right but you used both of their powers at the same time. It is unlike anything I have ever seen. And I am sure everyone else is thinking the same thing. You looked so out of it.”

“I felt it,” I agreed. “It feels so weird. It is like something different takes over my body and I become totally focused. And then, I got this extreme burning coming from my stomach but it just made me want to hurt him even more. All I wanted to do was get him away from me,” I explained. “And then it seemed that when Alec was near I could use his power and when Jane was near I could use hers too. But it is so odd. It doesn’t even feel like it is coming from me. It is like something totally different takes control of me.”

“That must be scary,” Demetri shook his head as I explained how it felt. “Feeling like something else is controlling your body,” he finished but when he did his eyes widened and he suddenly jumped to his feet. “Something else taking over her body,” he murmured to himself.

“What is wrong with you?” My eyes narrowed on him.

“You say that your stomach burns. Ness, I don’t mean to be rude,” he said glancing from my face to my stomach and back again. He looked like a detective finally wrapping up a case. “You and Jacob, I know you were going out,” he swallowed and took a deep breath. “Seriously, I can’t believe I am going to ask you this because like I said before I see you as a little sister but did you two ever have,” he rolled his finger unable to say the word. I knew what he wanted to say but I wanted to watch him suffer, it was fun. “Come on, Ness, help me out,” he pleaded.

“Sex,” I finished for him.

“Yeah that,” he nodded, looking relieved.

I just nodded yes. It was too weird to say it aloud.

“I could be totally wrong but it is the only thing that makes sense to me right now,” Demetri sounded like his voice was getting out of control. “You have only had these powers in the last month or so,” he stopped his pacing to come closer to me. “Is it possible that you and Jacob have made something,” he sounded awkward.

“What are you going on about?” I questioned, feeling extremely confused. He was really bad at getting his point across.

“Well, shape shifters have really high temperatures, right?”

“Right,” I agreed hesitantly, letting his words seep along me.

“And when you use this power you stomach burns and it feels like something take control of you and not the other way around,” he began, his voice raising as he came to his conclusion.

“Demetri, what are you saying?” I asked knowing exactly what he was saying, I just did not want to give in.

“Ness, this new power,” he said. “What if it is not even yours?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey everyone!

I am so sorry for such a long delay in the update but I got writers block for a while and then Christmas and the New Year came along and everything was such a rush but the chapter is finally here. So I do hope it was worth the wait and hopefully you will enjoy.

Sorry again and thank you for commenting and subscribing.

Love,
~Laura-Ashley~
xx