Our Little Fairy Tale

Memory Loss

I sat there staring at him, unable to find any words. What he was saying could never be true. Could it? I mean, I can't even have children.

"I can't have kids," I told him in a daze, it was almost like I was looking through him and not at him.

"Are you sure? Renesmee, you are half human, there is obviously a some part of you that can carry children."

"Oh my god," my hand shot over my mouth as the realization suddenly hit me. "What if I am? I am giving them exactly what they wanted, and I don't want to do that." But then something else hit me. The Volturi wanted a vampire child, not a child that symbolizes their mortal enemy. "Demetri, if I am having a baby it is Jacob's. Do you honestly think they will accept that? No, they won't," I answered my own question. "They will kill this baby."

"Okay, Renesmee, you need to breathe for a minute." He advised me, gripping my shoulders in his palms. "You don't even know if you are pregnant yet?"

"But what if I am. It is a big possibility."

"We will think of something," he assured me, pacing back and forth. "We will tell them it is mine," he suddenly stopped and stared at me.

"And how can we disguise that when I actually have this baby?"

"We will cross that bridge when we come to it but for now we have no other choice." He said grabbing my hand and running through the trees with me pulling my weak limbs through the dirt.

What if I was pregnant? I couldn't have this baby without Jake being here. Besides, the Volturi would kill it. They would kill my baby.

Right now, I needed my home. I needed my parents and Jake so that they could tell me everything was going to be okay.

"Renesmee," Demetri stopped, turning sharply to meet me with wild eyes. "You are going to be fine. Everything is going to be okay," he promised, placing my face in his hands. The heavy tears stung my eyes and trailed endlessly down my cheeks until my body was trembling uncontrollably. He had heard my every thought. I really needed to start putting my guard up a lot more. I was getting too comfortable. "Now wipe those tears and be an actress because we are going to have to tell the Volturi." I was about to hesitate but he placed his finger over my lips. "Please don't argue Ness. The sooner the better. We can tell them that we are not 100% yet."

So I did as I was told. I wiped away my tears and put on a brave face. A face that reflected nothing of what I was feeling on the inside. It felt like my heart was badly bruised and somebody was squeezing it without considering that I was ready to fall to the ground and cry.

I needed Jake. He was supposed to be here with me. This was meant to be our future.

"It is a good thing you came to see us, we actually wanted to speak to you," Aro interrupted my daze. I'm sure he was probably talking to me within the last few minutes, I just did not take any notice. I could feel my hands tremble beneath me as they rested on my lap.

I noticed that they did not bring Caius this time. They probably thought he already freaked me out enough - well they were right, he did.

Presently, Demetri and I were sitting in a small old-fashioned room. There were black and gold drapes hanging over the windowless walls the whole way around the room. The floors were made of marble just like the rest of the place. Aro and Marcus were sitting opposite us with another tall man that I did not recognize. His deep set eyes were as red as blood and his long nose was just short of being narrow. His lips were pursed into a hard line. His face was totally expressionless. He wasn't as pale as the rest of us. I could tell that he was slightly darker skinned before he was changed. The only movement he made was to smooth his hand over his bald head. His body was covered in a long robe. Who the hell was this man? Maybe someone new the Volturi brought in to train under their vile ways.

Demetri grabbed my hand and pressed his against it. Probably to stop me from shaking but I found encouragement in his touch.

"Please Renesmee, you go first." Marcus gestured.

Looking towards Demetri for another brief glance of encouragement, I took a deep breath and turned back to look at them.

What were they going to do when I told them? Well there was no going back now.

"I think..." I stuttered over that word about five times before I could spit the rest of it out. "I think I might be pregnant."

It surprised me that tears soaked my cheeks then and cascaded down my face like an endless waterfall.

The only person I could focus on was Aro and I didn't know if he was smiling or angry. That face seriously gave me the creeps.

"See the thing is," I said before they could interrupt. "I am still not sure so I will need to be checked out or something to make sure." Now I was definitely stuttering.

"Well isn't that just marvelous," Aro stood up rubbing his hands together before making his way toward us. "Jacob would have been proud of you," he stated bitterly.

"But its not," I tried to object as my heart pounded.

"We are not stupid Renesmee. Remember we are vampires. We have amazing hearing, we can hear through the walls and there has been nothing going on between you and Demetri. We have known that for a long time." He looked at us both but he wasn't mad.

"Demetri has been a good friend," Marcus interrupted, I can sense that.

Crap, I forgot he could sense relationships.

"Please don't hurt my baby," I begged finally realizing that they knew it would be Jacob's if I was pregnant.

"We won't hurt the baby." Aro assured me. "If your baby has the powers that has been making do what you are doing for the past few days than it will be very valuable to us."

Great, they were going to us it as a guinea pig.

"But as you said you need a doctor, so we will get you one. He is very good at what he does and lets just say you have heard of him. I'm sure Dr. Carlisle Cullen and tell you if are pregnant or not."

I suddenly couldn't breathe. "What are you talking about?" I gasped.

"Word has gotten back to us that your family are on their way here. They obviously don't believe your dead."

My family were on their way to get me? But how... I didn't even know what to say.

"Demetri," Aro turned to look at him. He looked as surprised as I did and he still hadn't let go of my hand. "Could you step outside please?"

"Why?"

"Just step outside, Demetri!" This time it was an order and not a question. Although I doubted the last one was a question either.

I was numb. I couldn't react to the fact that he was leaving me in here on my own. He winked before he closed the door behind him.

"With you having this baby, we can hardly leave you go now. Not that we had any intentions of leaving you go anyway," Aro smiled evilly. "And this is where Diego comes in." He pointed to the bald guy in the corner. He stepped forward and stared at me.

"What are you going to do to me?"

"When your family comes," Aro started. "You won't be able to remember a thing about them. Diego here has the ability to erase any part of your memory he likes. He will even erase the bad parts of you staying here. For example what happened with Caius tonight."

Now I definitely couldn't breathe. They couldn't just erase my memory. That was all I had.

But before I could even phantom running, the big guy, Diego had me pinned to chair with his bare hands and kneeled down in front of me. That when it happened. He closed his eyes and before I knew it I was back at home with my family. In the cottage with my parents. On the beach with Jake. Shopping with Alice. Hunting with Emmett. And then everything began to disappear. It just slipped away.

Then, everything went black.

Jacob's P.O.V

I had never even been to Italy and here I was in this underground shit hole that these vultures called home. Apparently, they had been expecting us. We had prepared for that. We knew someone would spot us. They probably had look outs. So we knew they would just talk and not fight straight off but I was here to get my Nessie back not to sit around and have a tea party.

We had enough to put a good fight. Just like the last almost battle we had with these bastards we had the Amazon, Denali, Egyptian, Irish, Olympic, and Romanian clans.

Aro had met us when we came in and he was now guiding us into this large hall with expensive marble floors, steps and pillars. I should have known that every member of the Volturi was going to be there. Aro quickly took his place with the rest of them, staring down at us.

Most of them were staring at me and the rest of the wolf pack, they were looked scared. Maybe because they knew we were ready to phase at any minute and pounce on them.

"Okay enough of being the kind host Aro. Where is my daughter?"

"Your daughter is perfectly fine. She is safe and out hunting with Demetri."

Shit they actually had her. The only sound I heard after that was a loud hissing. The whole room was hissing ready to fight until Aro held a hand up to stop them.

I could feel the relief from the whole group that she was actually alive. My Ness was alive. I was going to be to take her home and keep her safe and make nothing ever happened to her again.

"Calm down. She will be here in the next ten seconds. Let her tell you if she would like to go home or not." Aro said.

What was he crazy? Of course she was going to leave with us.

And then the bubbly sound of her musical laugh filled the entire room as a guy opened the door - I was guessing he was Demetri - and then she slipped inside. She was even more beautiful that my dreams had put her. Her long flowing brown hair was waving over her shoulders. But then the laughter stopped. The large amount of people in the room must have freaked her out but her eyes narrowed and her full lips slightly parted. Why wasn't she running to us? If anything she looked confused and scared. Her eyes scanned over us but not once did she look at me.

"Oh Renesmee," Bella let out and went running towards but with one single movement the Volturi guard sent her flying back again.

"Please people," Caius smiled gliding towards my Ness. "You are scaring my beautiful fiance."

Fiance? What the hell was he talking about? But then he leaned down and kissed her, and see let him.

I could see her whisper something in his ear, then he wrapped a firm hand around her waist and guided her towards us.

"Renesmee," he said. "I would like you to meet the Cullens and a few of their friends that they have brought along."

I couldn't move. I was totally numb. What did they do to her? She didn't even know us. One by one she shook hands with her family, not even a note recollection.

Then she came to me and for the first time her eyes contacted with mine. And for a split second it was like she knew me.

"And this is Jacob Black," he told her pointing towards me.

"Hey," she smiled that breathtaking smile before holding out her hand for me to shake and I did. But there was something there because when my skin came in contact with hers she gasped and closed her eyes. Now she even looked more confused than before.

"Didn't you say that Dr. Cullen would be examining me?" She asked Caius, looking up at him like a love sick puppy.

"Oh yes, he will be."

"For what?" Carlisle asked, worry evident in his tone. This was something I wanted to hear myself.

"Oh did I forget to mention?" Caius asked evilly. "Renesmee and I are having a baby."

Every ounce of blood in my body turned to water. This couldn't be happening. They were taking over my princess. She didn't even know us.

I came to get her back but it looks like someone got there before me.