‹ Prequel: Ironic

Romance & Revenge

Thank You

“Do you love me?” I questioned Dean over the phone, since we weren’t allowed to see each other before the wedding. The night before was always a drag, being without them to calm your nerves, at least I could still talk to him. “I mean, after all these years do you still love me?”

“How could I not? What kind of question is that, Remy? I love you more than anything in this world—“he paused and made a noise deep in his throat, the kind he makes when he thinks something is funny in his head. “Well, chili cheese fries and pie are awesome too.”

“Dean,” I chuckled at his short attention span. “I mean it.”

“Babe, I couldn’t ask for anything better,” he answered me with tone a bit happier than before. “I remember saying this the night we both said I love you first,” he paused and cleared his throat. “I don’t just love you Remy, I’m in love with you and I’ll always be.”

“You still have the tightest hold on my heart,” I told him softly. “Go to bed, try and sleep. I’ll talk to you in the morning.”

He didn’t speak for a second but when he did; I could just imagine his bored look planted firmly on his handsome face. “Tell Sarah to quit rushing you, I’m trying to say how much I love you. I have commitment issues, this is a big step up for me—“

“Honey, Sarah is in bed,” I swatted at Sarah’s hand and grinned when she rolled her eyes and walked away. “I know you have problems but I’m pretty messed up too, don’t worry we can be dysfunctional together.”

“Forever baby,” he told me before sighing in defeat. “I love you, tomorrow will be great.”

“It damn well better be,” I spoke and blew a kiss into the phone. “I love you, night.”

“Momma you talk too much,” Denae frowned up from her spot beside me and I stared down at her in shock, I had thought she was asleep.

“I was talking to your father, did I wake you up?” I asked her, running my hand through her hair until her eyes drooped.

“Yes,” she whispered before she was out of it. I loved how easy she fell asleep, she was a lazy child, just like Indio…Dean and Sam, me and my father…everyone basically, she fit in well.

“Go to bed,” Sarah poked her head in the door and pointed at me until I lay down and turned the lamp off. I didn’t fall asleep quickly, it was actually a drawn out torturous experience since I couldn’t close my eyes. I was excited, nervous, scared and shocked. Excited because I love Dean more than any man I’ve ever met, nervous because I’m pretty pregnant which means I’m fat, scared because I’d be in front of a lot of people, some of which I don’t know and shocked because I was finally marrying the man of my dreams. When I did wake up, I didn’t want to but being bounced up and down made me stay up. “Denae go get dressed. Remy Young get up and go get ready!”

“What time is it?” I yawned as I sat up in bed, finding a bunch of women running in and out of the room. “And who are all these women?”

“Your cousins,” Sarah shook it off and waved me towards the bathroom door. “You go get your make up done by your cousin Kayla and then your aunt Montana will do your hair and then we’ll get you in your dress.”

“Okay,” I murmured feeling a bit lost, I wanted Denae but she was already gone to get dressed, with some redheaded woman’s help. “Who is Denae with?”

“Tate, the bartender at the bar’s sister, Emily,” Sarah waved it off and pushed me into the bathroom where two women were waiting with weapons for bodily harm in hand.

“Okay, now I’m scared,” I whispered to myself. I’d faced vampires, demons, witches, ghost and creatures unbelievable but these women scared the living daylights out of me. Not an hour later I was done, I looked good for a pregnant woman ready to pop, I wished my mother was there and I had wished badly for Dean’s dad to be there, since he was basically like my second dad growing up but neither was still around. My dad came up as Sarah was putting a necklace around my neck and he smiled from the doorway. “Can you believe it, I fit in the dress.”

“You look absolutely beautiful,” he smiled softly and entered the room. “Its time to set up, let’s go.”

I watched as cousins, friends of the family and others who I didn’t have a clue who they were got seated, I slowly began to realize I had this weird churning feeling in my stomach, like muscles slowly clinching every now and then. I passed it off as nerves, I mean I hardly felt them as I walked down the isle to Dean; he was beautiful, in every way a man can be without being called gay. Sam was gorgeous, his new girlfriend was named Melissa and they were pretty much eyeing each other instead of looking at me. Indio looked handsome, his girlfriend was shy and she liked me so much that she looked up to me, he was dating a teenager. All eyes were on me as I took the stand beside Dean, the vows were made and right after the rings were put on and the You may now Kiss the Bride part was over, the final words of love, that churning and clinching feeling turned to stabbing and sharp pains, the ones that double you over. “Remy?” Dean kneeled to the ground with me in his arms; he had caught me before I fell forward. “Sam! Call an ambulance, now!”

“Damn it Tristan, why couldn’t you have waited?” I whined through the pain. Dean didn’t laugh, he just stared at me in shock until my dad grabbed me from his arms and started towards the parking lot (A.K.A: The front lawn).

“There isn’t any time for an ambulance, get in Dean,” my dad demanded as I was sat in the backseat, my head in Dean’s lap and my legs in Sam’s. Indio was in the front seat, dad in the driver’s seat and Sarah was left to attend to the guest.

“Oh,” I groaned and grabbed my stomach; it was doing the pinching, clinching pains again that felt like knives. “It hurts so bad.”

“Did she do this last time?” Dean’s eyes were as wide as saucers; he looked like a Pekinese with bugged eyes.

“Yes, she’s in labor,” dad explained slowly, as if talking to a pre-schooler. “She’ll be fine, she just needs to have the baby and breathe.”

“Breathe,” Dean looked down at me and instructed.

“Practice what you preach,” I whimpered grabbing his hand, he flinched at the pain but kept quiet the whole ride. When I was sat in a wheelchair and wheeled into the hospital, I was screaming and holding Dean for dear life, they tried to move him but I wouldn’t allow it. He had to dress in scrubs and I was put in a paper dress, the usual attire for labor patients. When I was dilated enough we were moved into the delivery room, it was a rush completely since I couldn’t think and I was gaining dizzy spells by the second. I do remember the first cry coming from both mine and Tristan’s mouth as he came out, Dean looked ready to pass out but he stayed strong. He cut the cord and held Tristan first; he then sat him on my chest and kissed my sweaty forehead. “He looks like you, Dean.”

“Yeah, but he has his momma’s lungs,” he kissed my lips that time. I laughed and let my head fall back against the pillow as sleep took over, its exhausting having a baby but completely worth it.
♠ ♠ ♠
The End!

Sad, I know but true.

Love

This

Don't

you?

Comment for the finale.