My Crazy Cowboy

Dinner Dates

"Can I steal my girl for an afternoon or will you guys go crazy and have heart attacks or somethin'?"

"Dad.."I groaned.

Nick smiled down at me. "You don't have to ask permission to have your daughter for an afternoon, sir."

"Good answer. I like this one, Jenna."

I laughed. "Me too." I replied while looking at Nick. He gave me a kiss and removed his arm from my waist.

"I have to make plans for state anyway, Give me a call when you want picked up?"

"Okay, See ya." I watched him walk away with a huge smile on my face.

"You got it bad, girl."

"What?" I replied innocently.

He shook his head, "Cmon', lets just go."

"Where are we going, anyway?"

"Out to eat."

"It's going to take an afternoon to eat?"

"The way you eat, maybe, better be safe then sorry." He winked and put an arm around my shoulder.

"I don't eat that much."

He looked at me.

"Okay...maybe I do."

"That's what i thought, now are you driving the truck today or am I?"

"Me!" I loved driving my dad's truck. I caught the keys and jumped in.

-----------

I laughed at my dads story while the waitress, Heidi, poured me another glass of water.

"Thanks, Heidi."

"No problem, how have ya been? You don't come around here much anymore. it's cuz' of that boy aint it?"

I smiled and started to defend myself but my dad jumped in first.

"That's sure it. She's head over heels for him, i tell ya. He made it to the championship earlier today."

"Oh wow! That's wonderful. A small town boy putting a name to himself."

I grinned proudly.

"How long has he been riding?"

"Oh..Pretty much since the day he was born." I laughed lightly, "Scares me to death seeing him on that bull but it's what he does. I'm so proud of him."

"Our little Jenna has fallen in love! Who would have thought!"

I blushed and played with my food.

"You be careful, those cowboys are crazy, I tell you.

"Oh, I know."

A customer walked through the door and sat at a table, "Well, I better go to my job, gotta pay the bills! Don't be a stranger, Jenna!"

She walked away to talk someone else's ear off and I smiled. Some people never change.

"She's always been a character."

"Yes, she sure has."

"So how's online college going for ya'?"

"Well, it's going good. Works a lot better with my schedule."

"..and what's on that schedule? Hang with Nick, work, Nick, Nick, work, Nick? Oh work.."

"Dad, stop!" I smiled,

"Well?"

"We hang out quite a bit, yes."

"You guys are getting pretty serious?"

I smiled.

"He's a good guy, Jenna."

"He is dad. He really is and it means the world to me you agree."

"From the look on your guys's faces when your together, i don't think I have a choice."

----------

"I'm going to state, Woah! Woah!"

Nick was rewording the song on the radio while making dinner. My side hurt from laughing so hard.

"Nick, Stop. I can't breathe."

He stopped and smiled, "My voice just takes your breath away, huh?"

"Hah! No..." I inched closer to him, "but this does." I kissed him on the lips and wrapped my arms around his neck. He set the soon down and wrapped his arms around my waist. I pulled away and breathed sarcastically heave, supporting my last statement.

"I think I'd rather do this anyway." He said teasingly.

"Yay! Now, my ears won't bleed!"

"Oh no, you did not say that."

"I think I just did." I poked him in the stomach and ran out of the kitchen of my apartment.

I heard the footsteps chasing after me from behind.

"You have to pay, Jenna Fairsworth."

"No, Nick Albertson, what do you think your going to do?"

"I'll...I'll poison your dinner. Oh shit! dinner!"

I laughed as the footsteps changed directions and headed toward the kitchen.

I crept behind him and wrapped my arms around his waist.

"Your not as clever as you though you were, now were ya? What did you do to our gourmet hamburger helper this time?"

"I burnt the hamburger and it's all your fault." He pouted.

"It was so not my fault."

"It so was. If you weren't so damn cute I wouldn't have burnt it you know?"

"Whatever. You were chasing after me because I was so damn cute?"

"Mhm. But it's okay, I would take burnt hamburger over not having you anyday."

"Awh...your too cute."

"That's too damn cute to you." He turned around and grinned.

"No!" I started to run away but he grabbed ahold of my waist and started tickling my sides.

"Nick, stop." I said inbetween laughs.

"What was that?" He asked.

"Stop!"

"Okay." He stopped quickly and looked at me.

I stared back at him goofily. He pulled me to him and gave me a long, sweet kiss. My arms moved to his neck.

This would never get old.

He pushed me against the wall and I smiled. The kiss started to get more passionate and my hands trailed up his sides. I jumped and warpped my legs around his waist as he caught me easily. He carried me to the couch and dropped me on it, breaking the kiss. i kept my eyes closed not wanting the moment to end.

"Your beautiful, How'd I end up with you?"

I opened my eyes to see a serious but soft expression on his face.

"Luck, I guess." I smiled and leaned in for another kiss.

"No, No, No! I still have to make dinner. It's almost nine." He jumped away from me.

"..but Nick..." I whined.

"No! Don't or we will never eat." He ran to the kitchen, leaving me hopelessly more in love then ever before.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sucky title chapter?
I know.
Comments?
Pretty please.