Status: 23/10/2010 - I'M WRITING THE NEXT UPDATE. Stupidly long wait, but it's almost there. C: ♥

He's an inspiration

Seven!

“Edd, Lau! Gu-ys!” I groan at Ash, as she drags the word ‘guys’ out - she knows it annoys me.

“What do you want Ash? I’m helping Lau with something.” I shout from the doorway. I can’t even see her… Where the hell is she?!

“Edd, look what I’ve got! You’re going to lo-” Then she screamed. Ouch.

“Edd! Why are you standing in the doorway like that?” She screams; she’s so dramatic. “You scared the shit out of me, you tosser.” I grin and throw her the cutest look I can muster up.

“Sorry, Ashy. What were you saying?” She shoots a glare my way and carries on.

“As I was saying… You’re going to love, Edd.” She stops to look at me and grin insanely. I raise one eyebrow at her as she continues talking. “I have three tickets in my hand.” She grins again and Lau frowns at her.

“You opened my post.” She states, sounding upset. Ash turns to her and smiles.

“Well, you weren’t home, so…” She starts, trailing off as Lau frowns again, this time looking more upset, and dodges past her out of the room. “Lau, where are you going?” She shouts after her and I sigh. Ash turns to me. “Where is she going, Edd?”

I shrug lightly. “Probably to her room.” I pause, looking at Ash with my eyebrows furrowed. “You really shouldn’t have opened her post, Ash. It could’ve been something personal.” I frown slightly, and walk out of the room, towards Lau’s room. I knock on the door lightly. “Lau, can I come in?” I ask and hear a muffled ‘I guess’ from the other side of the door. I open it slightly and step through the small gap I left myself, closing the door quietly behind me once I’m in. “What’s wrong?” I mumble, walking over to her bed and sitting cross-legged on the floor next to it, crossing my arms on the edge of her bed and resting my head on top of them.

“It was supposed to be my surprise.” She mumbles into the pillow and I feel my mouth twitch into a small frown. She turns her head on the pillow so that she can see me. “Did she tell you what was in there?” She carries on in a quiet tone and I shake my head.

“If she did, I didn’t hear her. I told her not to open your post in future then came to see if you were alright.” She smiles slightly and I move an arm to tangle my fingers in her hair. “You fancy telling me?” I ask, making myself look hopeful, pulling my best puppy-dog face. She giggles lightly and quickly sits up in bed, patting the space opposite her and I grin, hopping up onto the bed and sitting cross-legged once again, this time on her bed. “I got us lot tickets to see…” She pauses, her eyes twinkling in excitement, I lean forward and plead to her with my eyes. “Jason Mraz!” She exclaims, squeaking slightly. I feel my mouth fall open and then twist up into a huge grin.

“Lau! You’re amazing! I can’t believe you got tickets to see him!” I squeal, the true fan-girl in me shining through. I reach forward and tackle her backwards in a hug. “I love you so, so, so much!” I mumble into the side on her face, squeezing her body tight before letting go and pulling her up, back into a sitting position, at the same time as me. She smiles and I realise that I’m still grinning stupidly at her as she giggles and pokes my face.

“I knew you’d like it.” I gasp at her.

“Like it? Like it! I love it!” I exclaim, throwing my hands up in the dramatically, causing her to roll her eyes at me and push me lightly, causing me to fall sideways onto the bed. I glare at her and she grins, offering me a hand up. I take it gratefully and she pulls me up with force, almost making me fall to the other side.

“Oops?” She grins and I poke my tongue out at her childishly, causing her to giggle lightly.

- - -

“Ash? Can I talk to you?” I hear Lau say to Ash through the kitchen walls. I look up from my magazine, stand up and move closer to the wall to listen to them.

“Sure, just one sec…” She pauses and I hear papers shuffling. “So, umm… What’s up, Lau?” I struggle to hear the last bit and press my ear against the wall.

“I was just thinking, like… You know.” She pauses, and I imagine her to look a bit sheepish. “Why did you open my post?” I push my ear into the wall more in an attempt to hear her mumbling.

“I just… It was there and… There was no-one…” There’s a pause and I hear Ash sigh. “I… I don’t know.” She states and I sigh, knowing that what she’s said doesn’t really make any sense at all.

“So you… Just opened it?” I can tell that Lau’s getting annoyed, just from her tone of voice. I let a small ‘oh’ noise leave my mouth as I think about it and shake my head slightly, hitting it on the wall in the process then swearing under my breath, bringing my head off of the wall and rubbing at the spot on my forehead.

“I can’t believe you, Ash. That’s just… Urgh. Don’t even talk to me, okay? Just don’t.” I hear Lau say through the wall and I mentally kick myself for missing Ash’s reply, or maybe even replies… “I’m going out, Edd. See you later.” Lau shouts just before the front door slams shut. I stare at the door and sigh to myself as I hear Ash’s bedroom door slam shut with a frustrated groan from her.

“Well, this is just fucking great.” I say to myself and lean my head back to bang against the wall, sending the echo throughout the flat.
♠ ♠ ♠
So.... Yeah. I'm back?
Idk, was I ever even gone?
Not really, no. I just neglected this story, because I suck.
:C
But I'm on half term, and I'm dedicating to getting some serious writing down on a few stories. Feel free to go and check out my two other recent(ish) stories... I'll love you forever and ever. :3
But, whoring out aside, what's good or bad about this update?
Be honest; I don't overly like it much myself, if I'm honest.
It'll get better though. C:

Comments? [/puppyeyes]

Lau. ♥

p.s. - I think the amazing john lennon. was the only one to comment last time I updated? So, on that note... I love you. C: Thank you.<3 xxxxx