Status: Completed

Trust or Kill

Chapter One: The Boring Holiday Plan.

I asked for New York and look what I get! Forks! Boring, rainy, Forks. Rain, rain, rain. Thank you so much, stupid travel agency.
I haven't even figured out how Forks ever made it to a map even since its population is like... I don't know... less that 4,000? Nor have I figured out how the agency ever made a mistake, considering the fact that it and New York has nothing in common except that it is a part of U.S.A
I sighed; everyone knew how much I hated places like Forks. Damn Simon for asking me to take a vacation instead of a summer job. Damn Mike for telling me to go that freaking travel agency. "A break from California is what you need," that’s what they said. Bullshit, I shouldn't have listened
The cab arrived at a small house located at the La Push reservation. A house! And not even a motel in sight!
"Hello!" came a woman's voice. I looked up to plump lady beaming at me. "I'm Sue Clearwater. Your friend called in earlier and told me that you need a place to stay, and that it was his treat."
"My friend?" I arched an eyebrow as I asked. His treat? I paid for the accommodation already.
"Yes, Mike Newton, he used to stay in Forks before he moved to UCLA." Oh. Newton. That explained a hell lot.
But there was something else, "Forks?" I asked, my eyebrow s going higher.
"Yes," Sue looked uncertain at my reaction, "we were never close, but he was a nice boy and people in this town know each other like family."
That was enough information, me. "That sick, son of bit*h," I cursed aloud. Sue seemed to stiffen at my cussing, but I didn't really care. Behavior was something I hardly ever watched where the name Mike Newton was concerned. But I apologized anyways, "I'm sorry. I forgot my manners. I just think Newton might have tricked me into coming here so that he could steal my job… and my chance to get away from him," I let out sigh. Mike had said he would go back to his hometown before the holidays ended. Well, Forks being his home explained a lot. “But I'm here, so I might as well stay… and you look like a nice lady" I smiled after my babble.
It worked, Sue smiled at me, "Oh, well, Mike have been known to do some small things. Shall I help you with your bags?" Mike have been known to fall in love with every girl he laid eyes on, I added mentally. I knew Sue knew that too, maybe Mike used to hit on her daughter or something?"No." I said immediately in responds to her offer, "I'm the young lady here, I should do it!"
She smiled again, "Ahh... but ladies shouldn't do any of the heavy work," cocking her head to the side, she called, what I assumed was her son, Seth. But a girl's voice replied that he wasn't home, then the sound's source stepped out.
My breath caught, she was a beautiful, athletic girl. She looked annoyed and irritated at first until she caught me smiling at her.
She should have known that her guest was a lot like her as well. Thus the friendliness, "Hi, I'm Kanie Park."
She grinned, "Hi, Leah here." That moment I read her eyes, they looked if they were saying 'Wow! Someone's actually being nice to me!’ Poor Leah, I guess she hasn't learned the lesson I have, yet. And I must have been a good three years younger than Leah.
Together we hustled my bags, which weren't too heavy since I was only staying for a month, to the spare room in the Clearwater’s house. "Where's Mr. Clearwater?" I asked, thinking it was a conversation starter.
"He died," Leah answered sheepishly.
I mentally whacked myself over the head, I've never been good at answering these kind of statements, "I'm sorry."
"It's okay. Nice to have you here, maybe Seth wouldn't feel so bored at home anymore."
"Ohhh, party much?"
Leah snort with a smiled on her face, "Tell me about it.” Then she added something when she saw the skeptical look on my face, “Nah, he just hangs out with the guys a lot. As for me, I do go out, but I'm not exactly as keen on the guys a he is."
I smiled, "I'll have to disagree with you on that, since I do like the activities the boys do. Speaking of which, do you know where I can rent a motorbike?"
Leah raised an eyebrow then smiled again, "Yeah, Jacob has some. I can drive you over to his place right now if you like."
I told her I'd like that.

Leah dropped me off at Jacob's place then told me to wait at the garage for Jacob while she checked on Seth, who must have been hanging out in the house.
I stepped into the garage and looked around. Two bikes caught my attention.
The beauties were bigger than the ones I was used to, but beautiful. I ran my hand over one of them.
Sleek and shinny, nice.
"Fetching’ set of wheels, huh?" said a voice at the doorway; I turned around to see Leah and two other boys looking at me. Then suddenly one of them stiffened, his gaze pined to me. I ignored it, since he was a complete stranger to me.
"Hi, which one of you is Jacob then?"
"I am, that's Seth," said the older and taller one, my gaze finally focused and I saw the people clearly for the first time. Jacob was tall, muscular, and… beautiful... just beautiful. Everything about him was just breathtaking. From the his warm eyes that seemed to issue a sense of security; to the way his shirt cling onto his chest, tracing the lines of his abs. Seth was even better, closer to my age, fair, built, and devilish-yet-innocent looking, but no other details managed to penetrate my mind. Something about Jacob just couldn't make me take my eyes off him for more than a mere five seconds and look at anyone else. "You know how to ride a bike?" he finally asked, obviously blinded to the fact that I was practically drooling over him.
"Um. I've ridden smaller ones."
He laughed. His laugh was amazing, "Okay, I’ll tell you what. You be safe tonight, since it's your first day back, and go back with Leah. I'll take my bike over to you first thing tomorrow morning, and see you ride on it steadily before I decided whether to let you risk killing yourself with it or not."
I smirked nervously, then nodded. I felt so anxious around him. I couldn’t have liked him so fast, could I?
Then again, I couldn't think of anything apart from tomorrow... tomorrow I would see this Jacob again.
Oh yeah, I liked Jacob. Lots.
Maybe this holiday wasn't going to be too bad after all.

The big mistake: I was so preoccupied to even notice that Seth had never taken his gaze off me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Bear with me, the later the chapters, the better they get. At least, that's what my no.1 fan (so far) of this story said :P

Comment please!