Status: Completed

Trust or Kill

Chapter 18: In The Making Of The Gentleman.

~Kanie’s POV~
I grabbed Mike’s shirt, “Why the hell did you have to go to my house and make a scene in front of my friends?”
“I-I didn’t mean to—”
I took a deep breath trying to calm my nerves, “Are you dating anyone?”
Mike blinked, this eyes widened as a smile played vigorously with his lips. Ew. I grimaced, “I’m not interested, Newton, no one is. It’s just that she doesn’t have a choice.”
“Who?”
“Leah Clearwater.”
“You mean Mrs. Clearwater’s daughter? Was she the one beside Seth?” interest was coloring his voice like a kid scrawling eagerly on a piece of paper.
I closed my eyes, “Yes.”
“Well, I’m free, baby!” Ew. Just ew. I had to conjure all my strength to resist the urge to puke right there and then.
Then it hit me; Mike Newton has to be made into a gentleman. But first, a gentleman has to be insulted to the core or they will never know their position.

~Seth’s POV~
“I don’t need Dylan to be able to read what’s going on in your mind,” Ian said calmly.
Great! Caught again.
I sighed, letting all my stress out, then while lowering my head, all of it came back again; how I have both loved and imprinted on Kanie but she was my natural enemy and I still haven’t figured out what to do about it. Then there’s how Ian and his covenant are actually nice to me but I am still left on the borderline between killing and trusting. Though I really did admire Jacob’s protectiveness of the pack, and I still wanted to grow up to be like him someday. So yeah, despite everything the dude was still my hero.
And then along came Mike Newton. The idiot, the bastard, the jerk, the freak. Man, just how I’d much rather Leah imprint on someone like Dylan than Mike.
But one thing that made me feel better was when Katy-May slapped some sense into Leah. Yeah, I’m her baby bro, I don’t want anything happening to her but it’s like completely insane that she imprinted on such a clown… and well, Leah’s furious enough about it on her own, she just completely snapped after Katy-May.
So, I’m going to kill that bastard. I’m not even joking.
“Whao. Kill? No way, Seth,” Dylan eyes widened considerable.
“Why not?”
“Because he isn’t the bad guy. Sure he’s a dumb ass, but kill? Man, no he’s not worth it—”
Kanie dropped her bag on the crouch, “But he deserves some real slapping.”
I turned around, he scent and unique beauty startling me as always. Ian and Dylan seemed to have had undergone the same effect as I.
Alex was the first to speak, “So what’s your plan, K?”
She sighed, and then grinned, reminding me of a wickedly evil devil. I did not like the look of that… or I did; Mike was in for some real trouble.

~Kanie’s POV
I bit down on Katy-May’s fingers to hold back the giggles that were threatening to release as I watch Mike scramble around the room looking for his clothes. I was hiding in the unused closet with Dylan and Katy-May, since Mike suddenly came charging up the stairs and we didn’t have time to hide.
Dylan’s eyes were black, he was biting on his own hand himself, he touched me and the next thing I felt was complete dizziness, then found myself looking at everything from Mike’s point of view.
“Moomm! Where is my lucky underwear?” I called as I rambled through the drawers.
Mom appeared in front of the door and threw me it with disgust, “I can’t believe you dyed it pink! I’ve given birth to a daughter, not a son!” I gaped as she left, I definitely did not dye it pink! However in the world did it become of the color of hot pink, I had no idea.

Yeah, the real me—Kanie—thought, 'I take credit for that'. Beside me, Katy-May was definitely biting on her lip.
I pouted. They were my only lucky underwear, and I needed all my luck if I was going to hit on Leah Clearwater today, so… I put it on, hoping that I wouldn’t need to use the restroom while at the restaurant.
I, Kanie, scratched myself. Oh God, he had no idea what the guys had in store for him.
I imagined myself with Leah Clearwater. God, she was one hot girl. Hotter than Bella even. I checked my watch 6:30 PM. OK, I had better be going. I grabbed the cell from my beside table and ran out of the room…
Dylan’s eyes went back to its normal color and he fell out of the closet, laughing. Well, we had remembered to take note his cell number down.

Katy-May eyes went focused on Mike’s direction, she was trying to make him feel like he had to pee. “Um. Sure.” Mike said uncomfortably to Leah, ha! It works! The next minute he was running to the toilet, I followed as Ian made a connection with me to show what was going on from his point of view.
Emmett was standing at the toilet at one end, while Ian took the other end. I bit my lip as something called excitement and revolt bubbled up in me as I heard the zipping of pants, but everything turned black.“Aw… Ian!” I heard him chuckle.
“Kanie trying to be sneaky?” Emmett asked.
Ian laughed again, “Definitely.”
“That’s my Kanie!” Emmett squealed.

I laughed.
“But she’s revolted by you,” Ian added, causing Emmett to pout and whine.
Oh, God, Ian, did you have to tell him that?
“Hey, I’m just stating the obvious that you want to get down my pants, not his,” Ian said to me, as Emmett whined again. The exchange was broken by Mike Newton rushing in, clutching his pants and dancing around like a four year old dying to pee.
He looked back and forth between the two men and gulped audibly. All the enclose cubicles were occupied by the covenant.
Shaking, he approached the cubicle and unzipped, it was at that moment that Emmett screamed, “Holly shit! Mike Newton’s undies are hot pink!” and Ian pretended to gape at him. Mike eyes widened.

The next minute, Emmett had run out of the toilet and was in front of me screaming, “Mike Newton undes are hot pink! Holly shit, he’s gay! He’s gay!” somewhere in the room a parent working as a waitress dropped her tray and screamed, “Mike Newton!”
I grinned then caught a vampire looking at me; her brown hair was neither dark nor light, just brown and it glimmering under the dim light. Even seated, I could tell that she was just as tall as me, only, she had the perfect body and I hadn’t yet. Her skin was creamy pale, with the perfect pink lips and high cheekbones. Compared to Katy-May, she was the beauty on the outside, but I knew enough of Katy to say that no one will ever be as beautiful as her on the inside... at least to me and the Chace—who she had seemed to develop a friendship with. But one thing struck me as wrong; where did this vampire come from, and why was she here?
I blinked several times; again, I was the only one who noticed her. But Mike snapped me out of it by emerging, all flushed and embarrassed, followed by Ian, “Mike Newton! How could you do this to me?” ha! A total repeat of yesterday, “All this time I thought you wanted to steal my Kanie—” OK, that was his own work. I warm feeling filled me as he said ‘my Kanie’, “away from me, but the truth was that you wanted me! That’s why you were staring at my dick the whole time!” Now, Leah was holding herself to keep the laughter.
“I’m not gay!” Mike protested, his pale blonde hair shinning under the light. He has definitely lived up to his reputation of being a dumb guy blonde—which I might not that blondes like Chace, Dylan, and Alex were smart, not dumb. I nodded at Alex who dialed Mike’s number; immediately, one of Miley Cryrus’s girliest songs was playing on the ringtone.
The waitress, who had screamed earlier, obviously had enough of it; she grabbed his ear, “What does your mother have to say about this?”
“That she wished she hadn’t switched him with another piece of better sh*t at birth,” Alex added, causing everyone to stare at him. The boy had a mouth, I was sure of it.
The next thing I knew, we kicked out of the restaurant all together, except Leah and Seth who both had the right to laugh as loudly as they wanted.
“Great this is your fault,” I said to Alex. Now we were trapped with the utterly bemused and idiotic Mike right after we played a prank on him.
And God, the man was actually crying, “You guys tricked me into this, didn’t you?” Great.
I sighed, “Mike, the problem with you is that you’re a coward, a guy who falls for woman easily, a guy who is always embarrassing other people.”
Mike paced and ran a hand through his hair, something about him was definitely different, “But I really liked Leah, OK? I never felt this way about anyone!” Inside, I heard Leah gasp.
I closed my eyes, “Can we trust you? Can we trust that you won’t run away once you know the truth.”
Mike looked into my eyes, “I told you, I never felt this way about anyone, and I don’t know why.”
I raised an eyebrow in disbelief; Mike Newton was not Mike Newton.
Then I showed him myself.
♠ ♠ ♠
Soooo how wasss it??

Comment + Subscription = Updates!

Asking your friend to read it = I love you!

Love,
Em (jj)