Status: Completed

Trust or Kill

Chapter 19: Open Your Eyes and See the Wars

~Seth’s POV~
“If you start being yourself, she will start seeing you,” Jasper said. I closed my eyes and pouted. When Mike Newton was around, I managed, but when the jerk found out what I was he started to stay away from all of us… except Leah. The pervert.
I grumbled as the TV displayed two lover kissing each other. God, how I missed the feeling of kissing Kanie.
“Start over, go back to the beginning,” Bella said as she patted my hand. I looked at Edward’s always protective arm around her waist, a feeling of jealously arose; why can’t I be like that with Kanie?
Yes, I had another breakdown… and I punched Newton square in the face, causing Jake and Alex to erupt into laughter, but Leah and Kanie to yell at me.
“I still think the woman is daft, she deserves to learn things the hard way.”
All of our heads snapped up to Rosalie’s voice. She was standing there, actually all innocent yet bitchy.
Katy-May broke the silence, “That’s it, Barbie. I’ve had enough of you. Now what do you have to say about my best-friend? Spill, cause I can take it.”
Rosalie did… and I think I would have rather been dead. I immediately ran out of the house with Emmett, beside me—a baby-like disgust was visible on his face, causing me to laugh and snap out of my crappy mood.
“Argh. Emmett,” I whined under my breath, “my ears are bleeding!”
Emmett pouted, “Hang in there, buddy, I have to deal with this every day.”
“You’re her husband!” I protested.
“Yeah, but I complain babe, she kills me.”
A shrill shriek, immediately reminding me of a banshee, erupted from the house, “You just cut a lock of my hair, you bitch!” Ouch. I looked at Emmett and he looked back at me, and then we exploded into chorus of laughter.
“Oh my God,” Emmett was actually on the floor now, “Katy-May is the bomb!”
Rosalie’s scream nearly busted my eardrums, “You hear that? You hear that, slut? You’ve stolen my husband away from me!”
“I did not, Barbie doll, he loves me on his own account because I’m prettier than you!” Katy-May said in a bored voice.
Now I was seriously rolling on the floor and laughing my head off.
Just then, I saw Kanie and Ian appear beside us, ruining my mood.
Ian grinned, “Well what do we have here?” he meant the catfight between Rosalie and Katy-May. Kanie didn’t hesitate, she ran into the house and we were left in silence.
“Do you love her?” I finally managed. Ian looked at me with sympathy in his eyes. Ha! As if I need any.
“Yes, and she loves me too” Ian said. My heart sank. OK, maybe I did need some pity. “But then again, I think she loves you as well.”
My gaze snapped up to Ian’s eyes, “What do you mean?”
“I think you know as well as I do that it was you who let her go, not the other way around.”
I frowned, unable to make any sense of his words.
Ian shook his head slightly, “She is scared of you, she hates you, but she hasn’t fallen out of love with you yet.”
“But, dude, she was never in love with me, she was in love with Jacob because of some kind of witch imprintment or something,” I said.
Ian rolled his eyes, “The witch imprintment is just an illusion, an imagination, it’s not real. If she could even kiss you when she had that imagination that meant she loved you enough to fight it.” He bent down into a half crouch beside where I was lying, then glared down at me “Don’t be foolish, dude, be a man, and fight for Kanie because I believe in a fair competition. But if you don’t fight…” he pause, “I want her, man, I love her just as much as you do.”
My insides twisted. So Ian truly love her… should I just get over the fact that I’ve imprinted on her?
Ian stood up, “I know what you are thinking, but don’t forget that you imprinted on her, and I didn’t. I have a way out of my heartbreak, you don’t. Am I understood?”
I nodded, and he walked away leaving me with his words hanging in the air.

~Kanie’s POV~
I broke into tears as Rosalie’s words pierced my heart. But how could Seth ever have loved me?
“Shut up, Barbie! You hurt my friend, and I’ll cut all of your hair! You know they don’t grow back!” Katy-May yelled as she held on to me. I was grateful to have her. Seriously, without her, God knows where Jasper and I would be now.
Rosalie knew when to shut her mouth at the least.
Alex grabbed my hand and nodded at Jasper, “Come on, let’s get out of here.” Bella whispered something into his ear and he nodded, leading me out of the house. When we were finally in the open air, he transported me to the top of a hill.
The smell of fresh meadow and water hit me the moment I arrived, instantly calming my senses. A sound caught my attention; I turned to see a wolf while Alex cracked his knuckles.
“What do you want from me now?” I asked it curtly. It disappeared behind a rock and the next second, it reappeared into a fully transformed Jacob Black.
“She had a right to be angry,” Jacob muttered.
“Yeah, as if I’m not hurt enough.” Jacob opened his mouth to speak and the closed it again.
I waiting, seconds ticked by, transforming into minutes of silence except for the faint swoosh of the waves hitting the shore underneath me.
Jacob finally spoke, “I’m sorry… and I know what Katy-May is,” my heart might have even stopped beating, “but since I’m not the leader, and since Sam doesn’t know, I’m not going to tell anyone.”
I turned away, unsure what to think. All I knew was that this was the guy I supposedly have fallen in love with due to my nature, and I was supposed to have overcome it because of hatred, but now… I can’t see any reason why I shouldn’t love him.
“You should know what she has been through,” Alex growled.
Jake shifted his glance, “I know, and I’m sorry,” he said, then he smiled, “Bella said I’ve been a butthead, and Emmett has been teaching Nessy how to suckerpunch.”
I grinned as he stuck out his left hand, “We’re cool?” he asked.
Nodding, I took it. He gave me one last smile and ran off into the woods.
For a whole minute, I was just staring at the spot he vanished, wondering when my luck came back… or vanished.
“Who the hell is that?” Alex asked as a blur consisting of various colors started swirling in front of us. Then it stopped and there she was in front of me, in beautiful, light dress that clung to her figure, and a coat with designer origins. A girl of height 5’3” and of age about 17 with a shy smile and golden eyes that assured the fact that I could trust her.
It hit me then… my dream… my glimpse of this future… Saphira from Valencia, Spain.
Alex wolf-whistled, the pervert that he is, immediately earning a rewarded grimace from Saphira.
“Bugger down there, beautiful, I’m the only guy round here to appreciate you,” he grinned. I slapped his head.
The vampire jutted her chin, “I don’t need your appreciation, I already have quite enough.” Classy, Spanish royalty was visible in her tone.
I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, “Alright, Saphira, I saw you in the restaurant. What are you doing in Forks?” I didn’t mean to sound so curt, but I was protective. I can’t let anything happen to my covenant.
She pouted, “I was just passing through Forks, then I saw you play a prank on the blonde boy and then the next thing I know, you were on fire.” I shifted uncomfortably; Mike’s reaction was something I didn’t want to remember…
Mike stared at me, wide-eyed and open-mouthed… before he fainted on the mud.
Seth practically ran out of the restaurant laughing his head off while Leah looked stunned.
Katy-May and I actually had to carry him into the car because we made a deal with the disgusted boys that we’d do the heavy work and they’d clean him up—as in change him out of his hot pink lucky underwear, and we definitely did not want to do
that.
What Seth did to him when Mike finally came around and started babbling about how the world should know about it—figures, did I mention he studied journalism together with me?—was… very idiotic that it cause Leah (surprise, surprise) and I to yell at him.
I sighed, turning my attention back to the problem in front of me. “You control fire, don’t you?” I asked, my instincts guiding me to the answer, “You control fire better than I, but unlike me, you need a source.”
She nodded, “But the source can range up to a radius of two miles away. Of course, the farer away, the harder it is to control.”
Alex, beside me, narrowed his eyes and wrapped an arm around my waist protectively, preparing to transport us at the first threat, “It doesn’t make sense. What were you doing in a restaurant if you were just ‘passing through’ and you obviously don’t eat.” He had a point.
Saphira looked at Alex with disgust and twitched her lips slightly, “Well, there’s a war coming up and I just came to help out.”
A war?
“They’re after your covenant and Katy-May.”
Alex frowned, “Who?” I already knew…
The Volturi.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey, guys! Another update!

Now, here's the breakdown: I HAVE 2 PAGES OF COMMENTS SPAMMED BY TWO FANS (MOSTLY STEPH WHO I LOVE), 45 READERS AND 10 SUBSCRIBERS, BUT ONLY ONE STAR!!! SO SOME OF THOSE 10 SUBSCRIBERS, PLEASE COMMENT!!!!

Seriously, I get comments spammed on the MC forum, but on Mibba.... ##$@##!... it's sooo fustrating!

Saphira is based on my No. 1 Fan, Suki (her picture choice):
Image

Love,
Em (Jj)