Status: Completed

Trust or Kill

Chapter 20: Plans and Discussion

~Seth’s POV~
Emmett was jumping on the couch again.
Yes, the big dude was jumping up and down on the couch along with Nessy, with Bella and Edward laughing beside them. That’s when Kanie and covenant along with a new vampire came in, mumbling something about the Volturi planning a real war with us. And then the couch broke, snapped into half, and Emmett said, “Oopps.”
“Emmett, you fat bear, I paid for that!” Rosalie shrieked, and ran over to smack his head, causing an inflated sound of the collision to echo the room, and naturally sending Nessy and Jacob into fits of silent portraying of hilarity. I couldn’t help it; I started to laugh myself.
“Seth Clearwater, don’t you dare laugh. I heard you with Emmett outside this morning. And you,” she snapped back at Emmett, “you better clean up the whole house including the garden everyday for a month!” I watch as Emmett mouth twisted into a pout then a whine and she disappeared for a second, and then was back with a broom… and a black and white outfit that resembled that of a maid’s skirt. “Holly crap, Emmett sure is in for a lot of shit,” I wolf-whistled, fighting against the strongest urge that I ever had to crack up and roll on the floor.
Katy-May, didn’t mind, she went right into the core of it, “Oh my God, Barbie, you do have some brains after all,” she giggled. We were cut off by Kanie and Ian’s argument.

“How did we manage to get the Volturi on our back again?” Jake scowled at the covenant and Saphire, the new Spanish vampire—who I must say, was a bit snobby when Katy-May greeted her with a glare—as excitement bubbled in me. They wanted a war, a real war.
The covenant members were seated in a circle; all serious and frowning… even Kanie. Then it hit me, something was different for their situation. But what was wrong with them?
Steven, the only of the covenant that didn’t bother standing-out in his own ways and enjoyed just being part of the “fun”, finally stood up, “I can’t take it anymore.”
Chace shook his head, his calmness and overly stern look making me nervous, “It’s not going to be you.”
“It’s not me I’m worried about,” Steven’s gaze turned to Kanie. My breath hitched, what did they think was going to happen to her?
Ian immediately shot out of his seat, “No, Kanie is not going to the war.”
“Yes, I am.” She stood up to face Ian, “This is a change we make together, you need me and I need you.”
“I can’t afford to lose you!” That silenced everyone… Leah gripped my hand.
Jasper, beside me, spoke, “So what exactly is happening?”
Kanie turned to him, uneasy, “There is a prediction for our clan… supposedly to occur in the one and only war we will fight; ‘For whom who stands out, do not. For thy will not continue life in the same path.’”
I frowned, “What does that mean?”
Kanie closed her eyes and Edward spoke for her, “It means for the member of the covenant that stands out, do not, because they will not continue life in the same path that they had…” he paused, “In other words, it means one of the covenant will die in this war.”
My breath caught. Death, I was definitely not expecting. Bella seemed as worried and shocked as I was given how easily they got rid of the Volturi last time.
This time would be different though.
“We don’t know that the member will stand out in what way,” Ian said, a strong of anger was audible,
“but we do know the one who is the most different from the rest of us.” And why shouldn’t he be angry? “Kanie.” I said
I got up and crossed my arms, “You do not let Kanie fight this war,” I told Ian, who nodded of course.
Kanie turned to me, her eyes turning black, “Oh, do NOT go back there, Ivan. Yes, I will fight, if I do not then someone else will die in my place.” Now, that was something bad.
“It’s much better than you risking you life, K,” Dylan hid his face in his hands, worrying about who would die in Kanie’s place I supposed.
“No!” Kanie’s hand started an orange flame, both signifying her divine beauty and morbid powers, Steven put a hand on her shoulder and the fire immediately extinguished, “Calm down.” Her head snapped towards him, her hair flowing across her shoulders. God was she beautiful. Great, Seth, rant about her beauty again. Especially when in the worst of times. “Don’t you dare block me!” she yelled.
If Steven blocks like Bella, and Kanie starts fire, then why are the Volturi even a threat to us?
“Because the last time they came, they weren’t prepared for Bella. But now they are, they are prepared for all of us,” Edward answered my thoughts.

~Kanie’s POV~
“Why are they even here?” Jacob asked.
Saphira finally spoke, “When Jasper and Kanie went to New York, they were followed by Demetri.” Oh, great, another vampire. “He is… an old acquaintance of mine and when I ran into him, I knew he was on a mission. For certain reasons, I wished to distract him from his missions, so I followed him. And then I found out what he was doing for Aro. I have never been a fan of Aro, so I am in no ways on his side.” Note the high-headedness when mentioning Aro.
Alex snorted, and leaned in towards her ear; “What did he do? Compliment on your beauty so that you had to shove his pants up his arse?” Oh, poor Alex, hadn’t gotten over the turn down, have you? I sent
He turned to me; I certainly am not bothered by it!
Yeah, right, it’s pretty obvious that you like her.
“I do not like such an arrogant woman! She is far from my type.” Only, he said it aloud, causing Saphire to glare at him.
“Well,” I said bitterly, eager to change the subject and smack the jerk’s head later on, “it’s pretty blunt that this Aro didn’t get what he did last time.”
Edward frowned then turn to Carlisle, “Can we get the covens together again?”
Carlisle sighed, “You might be able to, but I doubt if they will all help again especially when this is going to be a real war.”
“It’s worth a try,” Bella said.
I rolled my eyes, “You get all the people you want, but I think it’s best if the werewolves join in.” Jacob’s head snapped up to that remark. “Oh for God’s sake, this is a war. Do you want them to win and masquerade Forks? Because I bet their royal arse that they will do so.”
Seth, beside me, broke into a grin, reminding me of his old buoyant self that I rarely see nowadays, “She has a point!”
I glared at him, I know what you are thinking, Seth Clearwater.
He obviously read my mind for he said, “Aw… C’mon Kanie, it’ll be fun fighting along with the covenant!” The boy sure knows how to be happy in the wrong time.
I sighed. Fine. The war was on.
“It’s going to be in the summer next year so I think we could get on with life first since it’s only September,” Alice said, “and Bella, Rose, Kanie, Katy-May, and Saphire, I think we can go shopping!” she squealed. Katy-May and I stared at each other. Oh brother, I’m going to have an Alice throwing clothes on me.
“Though I think we could get to know Amora and Avery, first,” Edward added with narrowed eyes. Who?
A man, who was—thank God—not Mike Newton, appeared in front of door, “Hello, Edward Cullen, I’ve been looking forward to meet you for almost a year now.”
That did not sound very comforting.

BONUS (for the indefinite leave):
“Well, well, well,” Avery said, “Kanie Park. I’ve seen you in my visions, been waiting to finally get to meet you.” He bent down to place his lips on my hand. I took it back aburtly when he was done. Humph. I crossed my arms, Alice was pretty much as irritated as I was that this guy had visions of the future in his sleep… only that they are definite and detailed.
Good thing is that they are very distant; at least a minimum of a year away. Better yet, he definitely did not see the Volturi coming like Alice did. That’s the only fact she is clinging onto.
“He’s not that bad if you give him a chance,” Dylan whispered into my ear, his tone amused and I did not like that. Nor did, as I saw, any of the girls. All the boys seemed to like him for some reason, though. Well… all except Emmett who Rosalie had literally forced the maid’s apron on and was now baking cookies for the werewolves and the covenant. I gulped and force down a giggle as he gave me one.
“Kanie is being evil,” he whined like a kid at my tortured expression.
I couldn’t help it; I laughed.
Katy-May, as usual, was the bomb, “Oh, poor Emmett. Have to be grounded after you broke granny’s couch, didn’t you?”
Emmett sank his fist into his mouth to stop the upcoming ‘fit’.
“Granny? Granny, Katy-bitchy-May?” Rosalie shrieked, forgetting all about the new guests.
Saphire cleared her throat silently, “Well you apparently are the age of a great-great-great grandmother.”
If Rosalie could, she would her face would have turned the color of crimson red. Though instead of Rosalie, it turned out to be Katy-May’s eyes that were changing colors, which meant that she was using her powers to do something.
I glared at her, what are you up to?
She grinned, then sent me a signal via her spiritual powers; Tomorrow, they’ll switch…
Switch?
She just gave me a wicked smile then turned back to her victims.
Amora, another one of Saphire’s clan, and Steve were silently chuckling behind me. I frowned, Steve could detect and classify radiant of power waves when they were conjured, does that mean that Amora had a similar power as his?
Mike… Mike freaking Newton chose then to burst in and dropped to his knees in front of a startled Leah Clearwater. I wrinkled my nose; he smelled a disgusting overload of perfume. Urgh. That must be the reason; he put on his lucky, hot pink underwear—which Ian and Seth had sprayed perfume all over that night, before removing them—again. Jesus, the guy didn’t mind hot pink at all?
Well, at least that shall protect him from the vampires; he stinks enough to stop them from eating him. Theory proved right, noted, when Saphire and Amora both hiccupped and clenched their noses in a polite manner to keep their dignity.
“L-Leah, I-I’m so sorry that I passed out, I’m sorry that I was shocked. I-I didn’t know what to think,” I rolled my eyes.
Alex copied me, “Get to the point, Newton.”
“L-Leah C-Clearwater—”
“You can stop with the stammering, Mike,” Seth cut in.
Mike lost it then; “Will you all please stop underestimating me? I am about to ask her to marry me!”
Everyone, including Saphire who had witnessed our prank at the restaurant, gasped. Of course, Amora and Avery were utterly bemused.
It was my turn to lose it, I supposed. Because I fainted into Seth’s arms the next second.
♠ ♠ ♠
As I said to some of you before, I'd be disappearing for while (maybe a week, more or less) just until I get an internet connection, so this will be the last update before I go.
I'll be coming back with the details of how the covanant work and the new character portraits, plus a new chapter. Image So wait for me!!!
Thank you and love ya all!
Em (Jj)

P.S. COMMENT+SUBSCRIBE! I want to get this to two starts, so get me one knew commenter!!!! Or else... I'll think of something evil to kill the characters off one by one. Image