Status: Completed

Trust or Kill

Chapter 21: Love Arises At Twilight

Fan questions:
1. What premonition did Kanie of Saphira? I don't think I read anywhere that Kanie was going to have a premonition.
OK for that, I never wrote about it. I generally don’t write about things that I’m not sure how to pull it out because I hate choppy scenes. Though I admit I didn’t exactly explain it in detail
2. Can the covenant use each other's power or something. Because they read each other's mind. Or is it a thing that happens when ou are a part of the covenant? Like with the werewolves?
They can’t use each other’s powers. They ARE like the werewolves but they work a little differently: they can’t read each other minds without their eyes turning black which mean that they are using magic, so they won’t read minds of their own covenant most of the time. They can also see things from another one of their covenant’s point of view. In all cases their eyes will turn black and it would be obvious that they are human
3. Avery has visions when he SLEEPS? How can he sleep? He is a vampire.
I forgot to explain that, well I did a little in the next update. But I’ll do it again; he, unlike all other vampires, can sleep except that his definition of sleeping is closing his eyes and being unconscious about the real world while falling into a dream which is generally visions, but he isn’t actually resting. He sleeps only once a year.
4. Alice had a vision of the Volturi coming for a war? When? This is getting confusing.
Oh that. I started a new paragraph for that meaning that time passed, but I know I didn’t explain that clearly. She had it at the same time as Kanie came bustling into the room in Seth’s POV
4. And won't everyone like..require a formal introduction of Saphira and her clan to the rest of the Cullens and the werewolves? I mean, it seems they all already know who she is. I mean they know her name is Saphira.
Well the formal introduction isn’t something I’ll mention about since Seth and Kanie aren’t likely to dwell on it. Kanie having already known everything and Seth being a werewolf that is too preoccupied with other facts. But the Cullen’s reaction towards her coven is pretty obvious
5. What exactly are Katy-May's powers? I mean what is all that she can do? I don't understand her powers that well. I mean she seems to possess ALL kind of powers. Could you please explain her?
I’ve got the character info of the covenant up, but since Katy-May is bonded with Kanie, she counts as part of them. Your coven can have an info page as well, but you’re going to have to give me a background of their lives.

And an update as promised (yes I'm early, but I won't be on much till the end of the month, so here's your longest update ever)

Sound the Trumpets! Here are the info of the covenant + Katy-May (Suki, if you like one for your coven, you could give me some more details taking the following as an example )

Name: Kanie Park
Heritage: Asian
Current Age: 15
Birthday: November 25
Species: Witch
Group: Wicalivanoric [wicca – lee – van – nor – ric] Covenant
Powers: Main – control and start the four natural elements (fire being the most powerful). Natural – Super human instincts (sensing that something is wrong, etc.). Minor – occasional glimpses of the future while asleep. Basic Development – Bondage (bonding with his/her covenant, or any outsider), Transportation (transporting oneself with/without another to other places), Super Hearing, and Spell Casting, Featherweight landing/flying (as seen when Kanie and Ian jumped of the edge of the cliff to the Wiccan burial ground), force power (the same power Kanie used to separate Jasper and Jacob). Undeveloped – unexplainable strength of power force.
Her Story: Will be retold with details in later chapters with Seth

Name: Ivan (Ian)
Heritage: Italian
Current Age: 17
Birthday: June 15
Species: Warlock
Group: Wicalivanoric Covenant.
Powers: Main – Upward Force (propel things into the air) and control of objects in the air (able to use force and control whoever/whatever he/she propels). Natural – Usage of One’s Power Against Themselves. Minor – Visualization and Sensitization (Able to make his/her victim to visualize, sense, and feel his/her projected image). Basic Development – Bondage with Covenant, Transportation, Super Hearing, Featherweight landing/flying, force power (strongest amongst the guys of the covenant), and Spell Casting. Undeveloped – Bondage with outsider.
His story: Told to Kanie when he brought her to the cemetery

Name: Chace Camfield
Heritage: American
Current Age: 17
Birthday: June 15
Species: Warlock
Group: Wicalivanoric Covenant
Powers: Main – Control inanimate objects, Natural – Passion and Promise (will never break a promise to the one he/she commits to), Minor – Persuasion, degree; occasional (unknown to anyone but the original six of the covenant before Kanie came in). Bondage with Covenant, Transportation, Super Hearing, Featherweight landing/flying, power force, and Spell Casting. Undeveloped – Ability to re-love again.
His Story: The story of promise…
Courtney waved her hand in front of my eyes, “Hello? Earth to Chace?”
I finally began breathing again. Her beauty was… like nothing I’ve ever seen. “I want her,” I had told Ian yesterday, and today, I know that feeling still holds.
“Courtney Carolina?” I asked.
“Hm?” she turned to face me, her long hair flowing in the wind.
“I will never love any other girl apart from you,” I made it. I made that promise. I finally made it. And, man, it felt so good.
“Chace, you didn’t just promise me that, did you?” Her voice was serious, and it felt like someone had just punched me.
“I did?”
I thought I was the luckiest guy in the world cause she jumped and hugged me next…
But I thought wrong.
Five days later Aaron’s warlocks and witches attacked Wiclicanoric village, murdering my parents, as well as Ian’s family. Still, that wasn’t the reason I massacred half of the camp, leaving only half to fulfill Ian’s need of vengeance. But it wasn’t my parents that crossed my limit… it was Courtney. Dylan saw into her memories in the last seconds and he couldn’t keep it from me; I saw everything… how Antony, Aaron’s right hand man, had tortured and raped her over and over again. How her had pulled her hair and made her do things before he use his power to form a snake inside of her and let kill slowly and painfully before he went on to abuse the rest of her female servants.
I persuaded Antony to let me in, as I wanted to confront them. He knew my power of promise and made me swear only to confront. I did, but I found the loop hole; I didn’t define my method of confronting. Unlike Ian, I killed from the inside, so I was exposed to all the blood, all the disembodied warlocks, all the naked witches that I had led the servants of my family to rape. I broke down right after that because I felt no different from Aaron. I warned Ian of the consequences of seeking revenge, but his anger was too great. The rest of Aaron’s kingdom was murdered by Ian and Steven whose only mother was raped by Aaron. After that, everything else was history.
I was never to love another girl again… Kanie Park, although she resembled Courtney so much, was only someone I could like but never love, which is why I told Ian to take her…


Name: Alexander (Alex) Alingston
Heritage: English
Current Age: 18
Birthday: November 30
Species: Warlock
Group: Wicalivanoric Covenant
Powers: Main – excessive strength. Natural – excessive Attack. Minor – excessive defense. Basic Development – Bondage with Covenant, Transportation, Super Hearing, Feather weight landing/flying and Spell Casting. Undeveloped – “He doesn’t have any,” – Ian. “Ability to tell someone that he loves her,” – Kanie.
His Story: Alex the puny freak…
My powers didn’t develop until I was ten. I grew up in the Wiccanic village. Before I met my best friends, life was hell because I was the puny little Alexander whose father was one of the first killed in the Wicca games. We lived like medieval people when the world outside of us was already cilvil. Every day, I dreamed of going away. My mother would be safe there since everyone loved her, but I wouldn’t… never as long as I have my father in my blood. The problem was that the damned leader wouldn’t let anyone leave, so when I turned ten and my powers developed, I came up with a plan to get myself exiled… I killed Zador, the strongest yet thickest bully of the village. I didn’t win by my strength, I won by the fact that I was a damn hell smarter than him.
It was far from the boundaries of where I got kicked out that I met the rest of what would be my Covenant.
They took be back to a village called Wicalivanoric, and I found life and happiness as Steven’s mother took me in and looked after me as if her own. After turning fifteen, the official adult age, I went back to visit my mother. I could only say that she was neither sad nor angry to see me. She was proud and happy.
The dumb leader was her new husband, but at least he feared me enough to run out of the house during dinner.


Name: Steven Stafield
Heritage: English
Current Age: 17
Birthday: May 15
Species: Warlock
Group: Wicalivanoric Covenant
Powers: Main – ability to block one’s powers upon touching them, Natural – Ability to tell one’s powers, Minor – ability to fly. Basic Development – Bondage with Covenant, Transportation, Super Hearing, Feather weight landing/flying and Spell Casting.
His Story: Mother was raped, then she committed suicide, he murdered her rapist along with Ian, and that would be all he ever will say or reveal.

Name: Dylan Parrington.
Heritage: English
Current Age: 15
Birthday: November 1
Species: Warlock
Group: Wicalivanoric Covenant
Powers: Main – Ability to read people’s minds and transfer them to other people by touching them. Natural – Interpreter. Minor – Ability to read people’s past. Basic Development – Bondage with Covenant, Transportation, Super Hearing, Feather weight landing/flying and Spell Casting.
Past: Happy life until Wicalivanoric was attacked, parent survived and ran away but his stuck with his friends. The whole village was to be destroyed, but in order to keep the name going he suggested that the named the covenant after the village. He was one of the first to discover that they were covenant of their generation that would be the ones to make a difference to some part of the world and write their names in history. He discovered fact that parents never taught their children such as the fact that every witch and warlock had to have a memory that will haunt them until they got over it. He knew that, of his covenant, only Alex had gotten over his, and the others had yet to get over theirs. But the problem with him was that he hadn’t had another memory to haunt him yet, so every day he is prepared for something terrible to happen.

Name: Katy-May Elizabeth
Heritage: American
Current Age: 17 forever
Birthday: December 24
Species: Vampire (special)
Group: None
Powers: Spiritual (sprit related) and External (healing) – considered as one power.
Special: Bondage with Kanie (thus able to read her, and only her thoughts and feelings), Green eyes (meaning peace, and also a natural “vegetarian”)
Her Story: To be revealed in later chapters

Chapter 21: Love arises at Twilight
Part one: Seth’s confession again
~Seth’s POV~
As Kanie slept in her room, life moved on. The new Spanish Coven was introduced to us. Saphire controlled fire from a source, Amora detected another person’s power and is thus able to tell if someone has potential or not or if they are any threat, Avery saw the future in his so called “sleep”. Yes, vampires couldn’t sleep, but Avery could; it wasn’t really sleep, it was just closing their eyes and dreaming, but not actually resting.
The new coven members were all vegetarians. Well, that was a first apart from the Cullens.
“As a celebration for meeting a new coven and Leah’s engagement, let’s all have a party. But first, we have to go shopping for clothes,” Alice announced. I grinned, knowing that Kanie would hate it. But as the thought of Leah getting engaged to Mike Newton sank in, I groaned. Before Kanie fully fainted, she was looking all murderous at Mike as she waited patiently for Leah’s “No,” only, it never came. Yes, Leah had accepted.
My grip on the glass had tightened, breaking the whole frame causing the shattered pieces to fall on my arm and cutting me.
Great.
“Here,” Katy-May walked over to me, “let me help.” She touched me and wound healed instantly. I looked up, my expression questioning.
“Tough my powers are generally internal, it can extend externally and heal people,” she said with a smile.
I frowned, “What do you mean?”
“I control people’s spirits, I can make people’s spirits happy go lucky, or total FML which in the end effects the whole of them, but it’s not something that is very advisable to do to everyone. Sometimes it could cause a disaster, so I stay away from those powers. The only thing is use is the fact that I can heal people spirits as well, and everything I do travels to the external of their body. So if I touch you, I’m actually healing your spirit not your wound, but given that my unexplainable power keeps traveling out of the body, I close the cut as well.”
My mouth dropped open, “But, dude, that’s amazing!” then something struck, “Wait, what did you do when you stared at Rosalie?”
She grinned and told me.
I felt my eyes widen considerable, “Holly shit, you should totally do that to Bella!”
“What about me?” Bella interrupted, her arm crossed.
“Nothing,” I said innocently. Bella immediately slapped my shoulder, then ruffled my hair, “That better be a real nothing, Seth.”
I pouted as I turned around to go back home, I hated it when people ruffled my hair, I’m not a kid!

~Kanie’s POV~
“Seriously, Kanie, you actually fainted,” 24 hours after the incident, Seth Clearwater still had to remind me about it at my place.
I sighed, “Seth, I do not wish to hear about it,” it was Ian’s turn to do the errands—where the goal is to travel half of the world in search for ingredients that create spells to help us maintain our strength, it would be longer this time since we were preparing for the war—so I wasn’t exactly comfortable with being around Seth, alone.
Seth grinned, “Well at least I know how much you care about Leah! You actually looked ready to pounce on Mike if Leah hadn’t said yes.”
I smiled, “Well, she’s like a sister to me.”
I felt un-human like warmth close over my hand, sending a shock throughout my body, which triggered my pulse’s super-beat. “Seth,” I started.
His grin faded, “Don’t say it.”
Actually, I didn’t even know what I wanted to say, “Say what Seth?”
“Two possibilities; one, that you’re with Ian and you love him to death and would never betray him, or two, that I’m just a brother to you.”
A breath escaped from my lips, “Why in the world would I think of you as a brother?”
Seth continued his… whatever it’s called, “I don’t know, maybe because when you finally managed to get over Jacob, you went with Jasper then you picked up some random Ian—”
I got up, outraged, how could he possible think of me like that? “If you have forgotten, Clearwater, you pushed me away, not the other way around. I kissed with Jasper because I had no one to turn to; he was there for me when I nearly was raped, he was there for me when you broke my heart. Him not you! And Ian isn’t some random guy, he’s one of my kind, he has a past like mine, he understands me and we are bonded by the covenant.”
He sat there, silent, and when he finally opened his damned mouth, the only thing that came out was, “What do you mean bonded by the covenant?”
I rolled my eyes, more than frustrated by his immaturity. The least he could have said was sorry, and we could stick as friends. But no, he had to changed the subject completely. Yet, I told him anyways; I grabbed my hair and pulled it up, then turned my back to him so that my neck was in view. “It’s part of the witches and warlocks’ spell, when the tattoo is made, all of the covenant cast their spells on it to bond with each other. Ian, as the leader, is bonded with me most but he also happened to add his own spell, making his bond with me more than anything in life, and the bond is unbreakable.”
Seth was quite again, just for a while, before he said, “Ian didn’t tell me that.”
“Why should he, it wouldn’t exactly matter to you, would it?” I never spoke with so much bitterness in my voice before.
“Yes it would because I still love you.”
I glared at him. Yeah, right.
“I love you, and I imprinted on you, Kanie Park,” he said, his tone final with no sense of humor in it. I blinked. F**k

Dylan knocked on the door to my room and came it, only to find me concealed in nothing but the darkness. I didn’t need to see, my instincts told me that his eyes turned black the instant he saw the environment, trying to tell if I was a cutter.
I’m not a cutter, Dy, pain is something I’m scared of, I thought to him patiently.
“Well, a lot of cutters are scared of pain, yet they still do it.”
I smiled, “I prefer drugs.”
He sat down beside me, obviously already knowing what I had discovered today.
“You know,” he started, “Ian is my friend, but I can’t say that I’m not supportive of Seth.”
I frowned and looked at him, “Why?”
“Well, I think the most important thing is that you be with the person you love if they love you back, you don’t be with something you only like just because you’re afraid of hurting them, because no matter what your heart is with the other person and they can feel it.”
A memory replayed in my mind, one I never spoke of, one that was the true reason I chose to study journalism so far away from home.
“Now, that is called lying to one self. She obviously is too shocked and depressed to determine the truth,” Dylan smiled sweetly, as he tugged a lock of my hair behind my ear.
I leaned in on his shoulder, the weight of the tension and stress all giving away. I was tired, just so tired.
“Don’t ya fret, it’ll work out, love, I promise.” I grinned and soon drifted.

“Aw… Ian, you’re breaking my heart!” I exclaim Ian as I caught him attached at the lips with her. But I am not angry, I am not sad, I am pouting… an act, a play, nothing but a mere joke. He grins back at me, then pull me into a deep hug, which meant… friendship, love, and... yet, nothing. He still loves me, I know as well as he does, but something of him has changed. The worst and best part, she looks slightly jealous but she seems to understand. She grins and winks at me. Dylan is beside me, “I told you so,” he says.
I awoke at the touch of something soft on my lips.
“Hey, babe, I’m back.” Ian.
I grinned.
“And what have you been doing, sleepy head? It’s only five in the afternoon and Alice wants to go shopping with all of us.”
I groaned. Not Alice’s Barbie doll games.
Then Alice appeared in the doorway, “Don’t you dare make an excuse, Miss Kanie Park, I saw you there and we were having lots of fun.”
An idea stuck and I grinned wickedly. I don’t like that grin, Ian sent in an amused tone.
Oh, nothing. She just doesn’t know who she’s dressing up Barbie’s ultimate opposite. Katy-May and I are going to have so much fun.
“Oh, and you can dress Rosalie, I saw that.” Alice left. All the better.

Part 2: Saphire and Alex
~Kanie’s POV~
“I still want to know what Aro did to her apart from compliment on her beauty,” Alex said only a little too loudly. Little being the understatement. I gave him a death glare, which he ignored.
Saphire stood up, she obviously had enough of Alex’s rants, “I rather you leave my personal life alone,” she said, her accent smooth and alluring.
Then Amora spoke up, “Well, maybe it’s time that you told all of us what happened.” I sense her anger there. Oh, Alex, you’ve been tampering with a sensitive topic.
Katy-May was beside me, as her eyes met mine, we both knew that it was best to let them be.
Saphire pushed her chair violently, sending it crashing on the ground far away. We were lucky to have set up a table in front of the La Push beach, which Sam had alter the treaty saying that the Cullens or the Spanish coven could pass the boundary lines as long as accompanied by one of the covenant to all places, or that chair would have vandalized someone’s house. Out of the corner of my eye, I was Avery duck and Amora flinch. I got it instantly; they were scared of her because of her power to control fire. “How about murdering you parents and raping you? How would you like that?” She asked, then Saphire turned to Alex, “Now, would you call that a compliment on my beauty? I guess you would, a disgusting man like you.” And that also explained why she was a lot of the times on her high horse when it came to Alex and Katy-May; she was used to people being afraid of her, Alex was always pushing her limits, while Katy-May just glanced at her as if she was no threat.
She walked away, throwing a chair that was in her path while at it.
Alex looked at me and I nodded, he quickly stood up to follow her. As Ian got up to follow him quietly, Dylan crossed the table to touch Katy-May, transferring Ian’s thoughts to her while I read Ian directly myself.
“Wait,” Alex called. The sound of the wave’s impact with the shore was noisy and distracting, but at least their voices were still clear. Saphire didn’t stop, so Alex grabbed her wrist when he finally caught up, “Look, I was only joking I didn’t mean-I didn’t know about Aro-I,” he sighed and gave up the excuse.
Saphire turned to face Alex, “Just tell me why, why do you always have to constantly joke about it in front of everyone?” her voice was embedded with frustration, frustration that she didn’t understand why Alex didn’t treat her as other people did.
“I was just pissed off by your responds to my compliment.”
“But that wasn’t even a compliment! That was pure mocking!” Saphire raised her arms in the air then dropped it.
Alex ran a hand through his hair, “Well to you it might be a tease since you obviously aren’t familiar with a guy’s way of saying that he is interesting in you! You take, Kanie Park, she damn right knows that I like you since I first laid eyes on you.”
Saphire blinked, her golden eyes twinkling under the moonlight as the waves crashed against her legs, “Y-you like me?” she asked in a small voice.
Alex immediately realized what he had just said, but it was too late. Lose her or win her now, “Well… yeah, I kind of do.” He paused, “And would you mind if I kissed you right now?”
Saphire’s eyes widened, but they were of nothing but approval, “Maybe not.”
And he kissed her.
‘Get out of my head, Ian,’ Alex thought

I stayed long enough to see him pull away with a smile across both of their faces as they took a walk, hand in hand, along the beach, and then I was pulled out, but not by Ian, by someone, or something else… something warm.
Dylan and Katy-May were still watching Ian’s thoughts, and the others didn’t seem to notice… no one will know, and I didn’t dare use my powers yet

Part three: Seth and I
~Kanie’s POV~
The next thing I know, I was in the dark corridor outside of Emily’s and Sam’s house, and I also happened to know that I had about enough.
I gripped my fist and let the fire lit my face.
“Ow,” a voice said, “scary Kanie.” His voice filled me with relief and irritation at the same time.
“What do you want?” I snapped at Seth.
That seemed to alter his mood slightly, “I followed Alex.”
“So?”
“Well, I thought what he did was pretty cool except that I wouldn’t do one thing.”
I rolled my eyes, “What thing?” better to play along than against I suppose.
“I wouldn’t ask permission before doing this,” and he kiss me like Alex had kiss Saphire, only his kiss was more urgent, more knowing, and much, much better.
I forgot about everything, Ian, Katy-May, Chace, the covenant. Just everything but Seth and his soft lips against me. Still, some part of me stopped me from wrapping my hands around him, though I did feel to urge to. Honestly. But maybe it was all for the best since the next minute, Ian walked in on us.
♠ ♠ ♠
OK! 12 subscribers, two stars YAY!!! NOW HELP ME GET TO THREE!

COMMENT COMMENT COMMENT + SUBSCRIPTION = UPDATES! And faster ones too cause since this is such a long update, I'm going to put down my pen and work on other stories for a while.

SO COMMENT! And Thanks to i_like_seals @ MC forum for being a new reader, Suki @MC for being the no.1 fan, Steph here for being the sweetest girl ever!

Love ya,
Em