Status: Completed

Trust or Kill

Saphira's Story

This is the story of Saphira, written by Suki my no.1 fan. I'll have the update of Trust or Kill coming up soon, but this should be posted since it's part of the story as well.

Name : Saphira Augusto
Heritage : Spanish
Current Age : 17 (Age is frozen)
Born On : 9 January 1894
Changed On : 9 January 1911
Species : Vampire (Vegetarian)
Group : Augusto Clan / Spanish Clan
Powers :
- Natural : Super Human powers. Lightening speed (considerably faster than other vampire), Super hearing sense, Super Strength.
- Special Powers : Can control Fire. Better than Kanie can. But the drawback is that she needs a source. And the source has to be within the range of 2 miles radius. The farther the source, the harder to control. But the effect of her fire is very powerful. Fire fire doesn't affect her. So in a way she cannot be killed by burning.
- Unidentified Power : She is a shield too. But not a strong one like Bella. She can shield her mind only at times and that too she can shield only herself. And she can do that only when she is NOT using her other power, that is, she can't shield her mind when she is using fire. She can use one power at one time only.
Her Story :
Date:- 9th January 1911
A family of three was roaming in the Palazzo Dei Priori. The Bleriots were there for celebrating the 17th birthday of their daughter Saphira. Saphira was an exceptionally beautiful girl. She has crystal like sapphire colored eyes, thus her name Saphira, she had a creamy complexion and exquisite features. For a not so rich girl, she was highly pretty. Her family was indirectly related to the royal family ruling at the time, but because of some family feuds, they were disinherited from any family wealth. Mr. Bleriot had to work on his own and keep his family well-off. And he did a pretty good job, he was a well-known Book-Seller. They had a big book store in the middle of the city of Volterra.

The girl, Saphira, was very hapy to come to Palazzo Dei Priori, though she lived in the same city, but she had never come and seen such a sight. The place was so beautiful. Castle like building could be seen everywhere. It was all so grand. She was fascinated by everything that was grand. In fact she loved the word grand itself. She was walking ahead of her parents and roaming around in the place, when she saw a group of people being led by a very pretty woman through corridor into a dark alley. Saphira slowed down her steps and when her parents caught up with her, she turned and asked them in a curious voice.

"Mama, Papa, can we too go with the pretty guide over there. I want to know everything about this wonderful place." Her parents looked over at the place their daughter was pointing at.

"Sure dear but, she has already started the tour it seems. It would be rude to ask her to start again and there is no point in joining now." Her mother said soothingly.

"Oh nothing will happen, I will go and ask her if we can join the tour, it doesn't seem as if it has been long since they started." She already had started running towards the beautiful lady by the time she finished.

She reached the young lady who must have nothing more than 22 years old. She wore this gorgeously designed gown, which showed off her body and as well as gave her a nice dignified look. If Saphira hadn't seen her taking the group for the tour, she would have surely thought that the guide was a princess. She had a stunning smile and was telling her followers a story. That's when Saphira went to her and asked her whether her parents and her could join the tour.

"Of course darling you can. But I m afraid we have already started and a few things are..well already covered. If you are fine with that, then you are more than welcome to join." She guide said in a very silky voice. Saphira was stunned by the lady's beauty. She had the strangest violet colored eyes. And her features were nothing like Saphira had ever seen.

"Oh no. Not at all. We will be glad to join you." Saphira said as soon as she snapped back into the present, "Could you please wait for one minute, I will just get my parents. Just wait for one minute." She said smiling broadly, and then she ran to get her parents.

Almost tripping over the hem of her own gown, she reached her parents who were looking at a fountain.

"Papa, Mama, I told you! She doesn't have a problem, we can join her." Saphira said excitedly.

"Oh that is lovely my child. Well, let's go then. We should not keep that woman waiting."

Meanwhile, the guide, was looking over at the girl who had just come to ask her if she could join the tour. She thought the girl was exceptionally beautiful for a mere human. She wondered what would she look like if she became one of them. Surely she would be stunningly beautiful. And though she did not like to admit it but, she thought maybe the girl would look better than her. And then she eyed her family. A well-off family, not too rich but nicely groomed. Must be related to the royals, thought the guide. There were two reasons she had agreed to take the girl and her parents for the "tour". First being that, more the people, the better. And the second, she grudgingly realized was that, she wanted to know the girl. She was very charming. It would be a shame if she was finished today. She would make a very beautiful member of the guard, if she had any special gifts. But if she didn't have any, the girl could still accompany her to the fetching. She was thinking all of this when the girl's parents came with her.

Poor people, for the first time in a very long time, the guide didn't want a family to join her. She wished that somehow, she would not take them to the dining room but somewhere else where she could do something to make her sudden plan true. Of making the little girl a member of her family. But she overcame her sudden change in emotion and got back to her mission. She resumed the tour again and introduced herself as Heidi. She was telling them the assigned story of how interesting and rare artifacts were kept in a chamber a little farther down the alley.
As they walked on, enchanted by the story, by the lazy guide and the place, they failed to notice that not only was the alley getting narrower but even darker.

And then suddenly the alley got broader and brighter. There was a wooden gate. A very thick wooden gate, that stood ajar. Obviously they were all going to go inside. Many people were now excited and were talking animatedly. But a few looked around a little suspicious. And one among the suspicious ones was Saphira. She thoughts they would be in a museum kind of a place. But the room - large room- that they entered was just empty. Except for a white desk that sat in a corner. And a woman in her late-twenties sat their. She looked nothing special. She must be the one who gives ticket, thought Saphira. There was a small boy younger than herself, standing at a distance. He was very pretty. So pretty that he would have made one of those fairy children as monsters.

"Greetings Heidi. How are we today?" The young boy asked.
"Very well thank you Alec, how are you? You seem to be looking good." Heidi replied with one of her heart-melting smiles.

And then the troupe moved further inside the large hall. And then they saw a fancily carved wooden door ahead. It was amazingly beautiful and the work on the door was brilliant. It was so splendid. Then Heidi went and opened the door without much effort. The door that looked so huge and bulky was opened effortlessly by this skinny woman. This was another fact that made Saphira's brow knit in suspicion. Something was wrong about this whole place. Something was terribly wrong. She could just sense it. And then they were lead into the room.They reached inside and were shocked to see the sudden contrast between the large hall and the room. This room was quite dark. The only sources of light were a few candles. And then they all suddenly feel silent.

Two lines of gray hooded figures walked in the room from the darkness. They went and stood along the wall. And then came three men. All in pitch-black hooded cloaks. Two had the same black hair, one had the hair of snow-white. Their skin was so translucent and papery, it seemed so delicate. And they all had crimson eyes. Milky crimson eyes in the three mens' case. Behind them came a whole new group of grayish-black hooded figures. They followed these three men as if they were their bodyguards. One of the black-haired man stepped forward. And so did a few of the men behind him. They were in complete sync, every move of his was matched by the men behind him. The man who had stepped forward came towards the troupe and held is hand for Heidi's.

"My darling Heidi. You have returned. And what I see pleases me greatly." He said in a voice that could be nothing more than a soft sigh.

"Your wish is my command Master Aro." Heidi said giving the man called Aro a slight bow.

"Well aren't you lovely Heidi! Always knows what to do. And even though she is just 60 years old! A very efficient member of the family indeed. What would we ever do without you. For your brilliant work, today I feel like giving a gift to you. Ask. Ask anything you want. And you will get it." Aro said delightfully.

"Really Master? Anything?" Heidi said brightly. Does that means she could ask him to spare that beautiful girl? And make her one of them too.
"Master, I have a favor to ask of you."

'Go ahead darling!" Aro said smiling. He was delighted Heidi accepted his offer.

"Master, could you spare one of these..meals and..make her one of us?" Heidi said, a little nervous. It was a big favor to ask. No one had ever asked such a thing.

"Ah, dear. Well I would never even consider this under normal circumstances but as I promised you, I think I need to give it a thought at least." Aro said looking down and giving a sad smile.

While this conversation took place between this Aro and Heidi, the troupe started to panic. What did the strange man mean when he said their guide was 60 years old? She looked nothing more than 22 years old. And why had Heidi referred to them as..meals? And whom was she referring to when she said "one of them"? And tunr that person into WHAT? Saphira and her father understood at once what was happening. Though this was all folklore, Saphira had shared her father's interest in these folklores. She had read about them in several books. These were the vampires. But they were nothing like what the books described them. They weren't monsters, they were just unnaturally beautiful creatures. And these vampires were awake when it was early afternoon outside, and nor could Saphira see any coffins. WHAT was happening? And whom to had Heidi referred to?Well there question was answered soon enough.

"Who is it my dear?" Aro asked smiling a little again.

"I will just call her master. You will understand why I want her to be turned into one of us." Heidi said excitedly and turned to face the troupe. The troupe instinctively stepped back. They now sensed real trouble.

"You. My dear come here." Heidi said as she pointed Saphira. Saphira was shocked and so were her parents. They held onto her. The people around them moved away quickly as if they feared being infected.

Now Aro could see the girl Heidi wanted to be turned clearly. She was a terrific beauty. Even for a mere human, she was very beautiful. She could easily pass for being a vampire without being turned. Now he got it. Heidi wanted an assistant eh? Well she surely has good choice then. But first he would need to examine the girl. He motioned for Felix, a guard member, to go fetch the girl to him. Felix was at once in a swift movement, next to Saphira and her parents. Saphira's parents protectively hugged her. The man who had come near them merely smirked. He motioned for two of the gray hooded figures to come to him. And so they did in a flash. He whispered something in their ears and then turned to look at Saphira, admiring her beauty. It was very unnatural for the vampires to find a human so interesting. The two gray hooded figures easily detached Saphira's parents from her and took them to the darkness. The only thing heard in the silence were the shrieks of her parents. Then she heard muffled gasps and then nothing. Dead silence again. Saphira realized suddenly that her parents were gone. She felt so alone suddenly. She looked around the hall, tears already welling up in her eyes. Then she caught her eye on the old vampire. He was smiling very sadly. For a moment she thought he was actually feeling bad that he had to kill her parents. But then his smile was no longer sad. It was suddenly bright. As if nothing has passed.

"Dear child, come here. Come and stand next to me." Aro said motioning Saphira to come to him. She didn't. So Felix made her. She was dragged across the hall to be placed next to Aro. She looked him in the eye furiously. How could he be so insensitive? How could he kill her parents just like that? That was outright cruelness. And then Aro suddenly reached upto hold her hand. She yanked it away forcefully. But Aro caught it again and this time he caught it strongly. And then he closed his eyes and concentrated. He started having blurs of her memories. This was unusual. He normally saw every detail clearly. He never had such errors. How was he not able to see her mind clearly. No one could block him out. No one ever had. No vampire, so how could this human? He held on for half a minute and then suddenly stepped back. The whole room, except the humans, was shocked to see this. Aro being afraid of looking into the girl's mind?

Aro taken aback by the sudden slap on his powers. Composes himself again and in a very dense voice commands Felix to take the girl to his chamber and keep her there until he has finished feeding. Though the rest of the vampires were shocked as well, they did not dare show it. They acted as if nothing had happened. Felix obediently took the sobbing Saphira out of the hall and into the darkness to Aro's chamber.

After a few hours, The door of the room in which Saphira was made to sit was clicked open. And in walked Aro. His expression still dead serious. He didn't seem like the happy, soft and nice Aro he always is. This was the Aro whose powers had been thwarted by a mere human girl. It was a shame he would have to live with forever. He looked at the girl. And motioned her to sit on the velvet chair placed near a empty fireplace. He himself went and positioned himself in front of the girl and look down at her curiously. What was so special about this girl? If this was her condition now, when she was just a human, what would be her powers when she became a vampire? Every vampire carries some strong ability from his humanhood. And they become stronger when the human becomes a vampire. Aro was thinking of the possibilities of what her power could be, when something suddenly brought him back.

"What is your name, dear?" Aro asked as pleasantly as he could manage. But he didn't sound pleasant to his own ears. Still the girl answered him in a brave voice.

"My name is Saphira Bleriot" She said trying to appear strong in front of the man who had ordered for her parents to be killed. But she failed. Her tears still escaped her eyes. And her courage faltered a little. What was going to happen to her? Was she going to be killed too like the rest of the troupe? She hoped that she died as well. She couldn't live without her parents. And she was sure of one thing too that these creatures won't leave her alive. She had seen too much. She already knew too much to be spared alive.

"Saphira..Pretty name like yourself. And your eyes are beautiful too. It's a shame that they will not be the same again. Ever. Tell me Saphira, how do find the thought of becoming one of us? A vampire?" Aro asked tilting his head to one side, he was curious as to know what the girl thought of their ways. Not that was necessary, she would have to go by them anyways after she was transformed, but he wanted to know about the girl, how he was fascinated by her. Never had any other creature intrigued him so much, he never felt the need to know anything, he would be shown everything the person ever thought, but this girl, she had evaded him.

"Honestly, I do not approve of your ways. I have read about your kind, but I even know that what I have read is only half true. But whatever I saw today, makes you all seem only one thing, murderers. You all just need blood to survive. Why does it have to be the humans you have to feed off? There are even animals, you could drink their blood. If you want to be an animal, why not be a proper one then?" She almost yelled at the man on whom her life depended.

"Interesting thoughts my darling. But this is what we are, and this is what we do. You either survive and go by these traditions or you happily die." Aro smiled politely as if he were asking Saphira whether she wanted cookies or biscuits with tea and not whether she wanted to live or die.

"I'd prefer to die. Any day." She stood up to face Aro directly in the eye, "I would kill myself right now if you wanted to but I will never kill another human for my hunger. Never." Saphira said bravely. She was becoming sure of her herself with every passing moment. She could do it, she doesn't necessarily have to go by his whims. She could choose her own path. But she was wrong, because Aro has already made her mind.

"You see darling, that would be too much of waste. I would love to have you with us here. You make a very fine wife. And moreover you even have a possibility of getting the rarest of gifts any vampire can posses." Aro said moving close to Saphira. Now they were just inches apart. Saphira stepped back, disgusted.

"Wife? What do you mean wife? I m not marrying anyone. And I m not even becoming a monster like you. You could never make me." She said looking away from his face.

"Braveness, courage, attitude and determination..they all go a long way with me, my dear. And so will you." With this he moves to her side swiftly and wrapped his arms around her waist.

"Move away you disgusting monster!" Saphira screamed and lunged for the door. But Aro was much quicker than her. He beat her there and then a wicked smile appeared on his face and he ripped Saphira's clothes off her, she tried to writhe away from his grip but she could do nothing. She was as vulnerable a fish is out of the water. Aro carried her to his bed and laid her there. For quite sometime he enjoyed himself. And then he did the thing that could never be undone. That would change Saphira's life forever. He bit her.

He left Saphira unconscious body on the bed and headed for the door, but then Saphira started to writhe in pain. For a minute she writhed on the bed and cried in pain, then she abruptly stopped. That was another unusual thing, She was supposed to be in pain for at least 3- 4 days. But Saphira's pain seemed to vanished. Curiosity took over Aro and he went and stood next to her. He was looking at her when suddenly her eyes snapped open. Her red eyes snapped open. And she suddenly grasped Aro neck in her now super strong hands. Aro struggled hard against her new-born strength. His centuries old powers seemed to be nothing in front of her. He managed to choke out the name of his bodyguard. And instantly Felix appeared at the door. Shocked by the sight. He rushed to Aro side and tried to free him from Saphira's tight grasp. When as suddenly as she had woken up, she fell unconscious.

After an hour or so, she woke up again. But she did not open her eyes. She could sense everything around her but she did not open her eyes. She could smell a thousand different smells altogether. She could hear every step taken, she could even make out who was at what distance just by hearing their sound. While she was getting used to all of this, she heard a voice that she deeply despised now.

"I have no idea what she is. I have never seen a more peculiar being. She is just fascinating!" Aro said excitedly. He seemed to have gotten over the way Saphira had attacked him. He took it as a new-born tantrum. He waved it away. Now he was excited that he wouldn't have to wait long, She had miraculously transformed withing seconds. But that meant she endured more pain than usual transformation would inflict. Strong, thought Aro, definitely a wife. I would love to have her with me. Though Caius and Marcus would probably want her for themselves, I will keep her. After all I m the leader. My word is the final.

"Master, so you believe that she will be a shield?" Felix said sounding amazed. He had never sen a shield before. It was the rarest of the gifts any vampire got.

"I believe so. But we will have to wait to be sure of it." Aro said moving his hand up to touch Saphira's cheek. And his suspicion was confirmed. He didn't even see any blur anymore. It was completely blank. He was sure now that he would keep her a wife. For one thing, he would need her to be close at all times, the risk of his not knowing every thought of hers had to overcome. And then the second reason being her exquisite beauty. She had turned out to be even more beautiful than imagined. Heidi would burn and die with jealousy. Though it was her idea to transform her, but she would not like the result. Aro chuckled to himself as he thought of this.

Meanwhile Saphira still awake, felt anger well inside her as every millisecond passed and Aro did not move his hand away. Finally she burst the bubble of her patience and yanked his hand away with as much force as she could manage. It turned out she had even more force than she could ever imagine. Aro taken by surprise staggered behind. Felix tried to control Saphira but even his strength was nothing in front of her. She was just too powerful at the moment to be controlled by anyone. Saphira threw Felix against the wall, where he went and crashed into the wall and made a hole in the wall. Saphira looked around and saw that there was no one else in the room. She looked at herself and felt a little relieved when she found that she was wearing a gown. A beautiful gown that too. She searched for a mirror in the room and when she found one, she ran to look at herself. Though she was modest of her beauty when she was human, what she saw in the mirror shocked her. She was the most beautiful thing she had seen. She had turned out to be even more beautiful than Heidi. Heidi..

Then it all came back to her. But in a very blurry recollection. How she had come for her birthday celebration and then how she was led to Aro's place and then how Aro had taken advantage of her and then made her what she is now. A Vampire. She was so infuriated with herself that she wanted to die. But vampires were immortal! How was she supposed to die? She couldn't waste more time here. She had to first get out of here before anyone caught her. She looked around the room once more. Felix was getting up but Aro was still lying on the armchair holding his hand. Saphira ran out of the room. Out of the dark hall. Out of the large white room and even out of the dark alley in a flash. She seemed to run faster than the wind itself. Before anyone had time to completely assess what had happened, she was outside Palazzo Dei Priori. And when they started to search her, no one knew but she had already left the city of Volterra. Forever.
♠ ♠ ♠
Haha I know it's like so long and detailed, I'm so grateful that Suki poured her heart out. She finished writing this and thought that she'd use it for another Twilight fanfiction with a Volturi war (but she's not going to steal my witch idea *phew* I appreciate her for that ^_^)

Love,
Em (jj)

P.S. COMMENT+SUBSCRIBE = Updates! If you don't do it, then I'll knock your head off