Status: Completed

Trust or Kill

Chapter 22: Tricked

~Kanie’s POV~
“Ian, wait!” my heart was breaking here. I was stuck between two boys, and now I’ve hurt one of them. It kills me.
“No, Kanie,” his voice was rough, fierce, and I knew it was only to hide the pain. I felt as if I had been stabbed in the heart, yet I’m not dead… and that is already the worst possible case.
“Ian, it’s not what you think.”
He turned to me, “Do you love him?”
I blinked, then shook my head as the meaning sunk in, “That’s not the point, Ian.”
His hands came to my face, “You are the world to me, Kanie, I don’t want to see you hurt. I want you to be happy no matter what.”
Tears started to form as I tried, tried so hard to lie to myself… but a lie will always be a lie. Still, I love Ian truly.
“Ian,” my dearest friend interrupted, “Ian, don’t push it, it’ll hurt her.” I closed my eyes, I love Katy-May. I did. But my throbbing heart was hardly the point; it was Ian that mattered.
She read my mind, clearly, “She is selfless when it comes to issues like these, your feelings are all that matters to her.”
Ian closed his eyes, and pulled me into a hug, “I can’t control my feelings, Katherine-May.”
My friend let out a soft sigh, “Try, Ian… if not for her, for me because I can’t stand to see you hurt as well.”
Then everything clicked. My dream… the girl in my dream was Katy-May, she had developed feelings for him which she dared reveal because I was Ian’s girlfriend, and though she didn’t mean anything this time, I knew what she felt.
I pulled away from Ian, “I saw you… you two are meant to be,” a smile formed on my lips.
Katy-May’s eyes widened, and Ian blinked. Useless, I finally felt Ian, and I knew how he feels for me and Katy-May better than he did himself.
“Oh, stop pretending it isn’t uncommon for someone to be in love with two people at the same time. So yeah, you might like one more than the other but the feeling is still there.” I wasn’t going to mention that he loves me more, after all once a love is there it can always fade or grow. Now, I was going to make it grow for Katy-May and him.
“And you,” I said with mock curtness at Katy-May. Her breath stopped, her body tensed. I grinned, “I’m not the slightest bit mad at you.”
Ian just shook his head, then gave me a pained smile, “I still would be happier if you are truly happy.” My heart sank, I knew he meant Seth. “Go,” he said, “you’ll regret if you don’t.”
And I did. I ran.
But it wasn’t long before a cold hand grabbed my mouth, dragging me to darkened ally…

~Seth’s POV~
“Dude, where is she?” I asked as Ian entered the house with Katy-May. Kanie, however, was nowhere in sight.
Ian frowned, “What do you mean? She went to find you.” I shook my head; no.
Just then, Alice and Saphira entered, creating a loud banging sound with the door. The Cullens followed them closely behind, all with bothered and anxious faces… even Rosalie looked disturbed.
The moment Alice entered, she burst out in an urgent voice, “They took her, they tricked us because they knew of my ability and they took her!”
I closed my eyes. The Volturi were here.
And I ran not bother to think. I left the Cullens and Saphira talking about their next action with her newly founded powers, I left Leah calling after me, I left the pack startled, and I left the covenant and Katy-May to follow at my pace. They, at least, had some sense of time.
Then a yell erupted from the house, “Where is Nessy?” Jacob was furious to the core. A second later, Jacob, Edward, Bella, and Rosalie had joined me. From what I could tell; Kanie has been kidnapped, Nessy was missing, and this was more than hell.

~Kanie’s POV~
“Well, well, well,” a cool voice awoke me, “I see this is the female you have been talking about, Lucien?”
A snarl erupted from the side of the room and I turned to see the male warlock that was supposed to be dead. I struggled against an iron grip, my powers failing to work.
“Manners, Lucien, remember that you were lucky Demetri here saved you.” However he did that.
I used my full force to fight against the Lucien’s power. Sharp swords of ice formed at my wrist, piercing the source of my imprisonment. I heard a soft cry and I was released, but before I could do anything, the ice melted.
A clap echoed the room, “Fascinating, very fascinating! Are you hurt my dear Demetri?” I heard a grunt, “Not very much.” If my instincts told me not to be angry at Demetri, I would have loathed him to the core. I saw no good in him, but my instincts were my power, a power than nothing can block, I trust it.
However, I still didn’t like the owner of the cold, royalty-bullshit voice. I growled, “What do you want from me?”
The vampire in front of me raised an eyebrow, “I thought it was fairly clear from what my dear Saphira told you.”
Then it hit me; this man was Aro, the vampire that had did the unthinkable to Saphira. “I damn you to the deepest pit of hell, Aro.”
Aro smiled at me—a smile that sent the hairs at the back of my neck standing—then raised his hand , beckoning someone to his side. And I saw a girl with pale brown hair, crimson eyes, and an angelic face… all that, I knew, would betray her nature.
“This is Jane,” Aro introduced, “Jane would you like to teach young Kanie a lesson about our etiquette?”
The girl smiled, and then turned to attack me with a piercing gaze.
It was then that I heard a piercing scream reminding me of a banshee. My head fell to the floor and I realized it was that of my own.
Pain flowed though me as smooth as blood flows through a vampire’s mouth during hunting, never ending, never stopping. Thousands of daggers pierced me from every side, fire ripped through my body no longer acting as if it was part of me, ice froze my hands leaving the feeling numb yet excruciating. Dying would be a heaven compared to the torture I was undergoing.

~Alex’s POV (SPECIAL)~
The scream that erupted from both Katy-May and Dylan halted us in our tracks.
“What is happening?” Saphira had caught up with us not long after we left.
From the outlook, Katy-May was in ultimate pain, but Dylan was worse; he thrashed and twisted on the floor, the unknown source of torment penetrating throughout his body as Katy-May grabbed fistfuls of her hair pulling it with a threatening force. Ian’s arms circled around her as Rosalie shook her shoulders, trying to get her back to herself. Steven and I held Dylan still.
Then it hit us like a shock of electricity.
The vampire raised his hand up, signaling his angelic, young guard for an enough.
“Now, young Kanie, you are a captivating creature, so I have an offer for you; would you like to go back to Italy with us and work as one of our precious guards?” he asked
I spat out the blood that was created by the action of biting my lips in vain, trying to stop the pain, “Over my dead body will I become one of your dirt collections,” I snarled. Only that it wasn’t my voice… it was a voice of a very familiar girl that I loved and cared about as a friend or even a sister… a girl that shared my bond.
Aro stood up, nodding, “I respect your opinion,” he turned to something that was hidden in the dark, “Marcus, take care of our guest as we await the Cullens” He walked away, his coat swooshing behind me.
A figure whose face was hidden in the whelms of his red hood emerged, grinning like a mad man. “Jane, I found that entertaining, now shall we teach her how fun it would be to join us?”
“F**k you,” I growled, knowing that the pain was to come again anyways.
Then I scream and thrashed as it dawned on me once more, smoothly like rising sun, but as fast as a running cheater.

“Alex, Alex!” a feminine voice shook me awake. I had felt the fire scorch through my body, but now that it has stopped, I opened my eyes to see Saphira, and I knew that if she could cry she would have.
I got up immediately, Steven had snapped out of his thoughts thanks to Jacob and Seth, we all turned to Dylan. “Dylan, Dylan!” I shook him with my extended force, “Get out of her head!” A wave of power arose, and I slapped the young man’s face.
“crap, Alex, you didn’t have to hit so hard,” Steven grinned. He had a reason to, since Dylan had awoken to my bi*ch smack.
I gave Steven a high five next. But there was still a screaming noise, we all turned to see Katy-May, her cries had suddenly turned intense.
Feeling my eyes turn black, I let myself fall into Kanie’s vision once more, but this time I was careful not to fall too deep.
Blackness surrounded me combined with the pain, a sense of insecurity and dread filled my body. And although the pain had lightened, this was the worst format of torture anyone could use on me. Still, I felt the blood flowing out… I knew it wouldn’t be long before the vampires lost their control and kill me. At least I would have fulfilled the prophecy instead of any of the other covenant.
I pulled out, “Seth, run to her, now!”
Ian turned to me, “Go! All of you, I’ll take care of Katy-May.”
But Seth stopped us, “What is going on?” so Dylan showed him. I watched as the emotions of horror, guilt, fury, and vengeance played across him face in a single minute. If the situation hadn’t been as it was, God knows how funny it would have been.
And so we ran into forest, hoping to save Kanie on time.

Hope you like it! And don't forget to read Suki's character info!

Love,
Em
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok soo... IF YOU READ THIS AND LIKE IT BUT DON'T SUBSCRIBE PLUS COMMENT, I'M GOING TO GO AFTER YOU!

Sorry for grammar/typos, I haven't had the time to check, people has been naggy.

Love,
Em (jj)