Status: Completed

Trust or Kill

Chapter 23: Volturi War

To Pen, thanks for the support

Chapter 23: Volturi War
~Kanie’s POV~
The pain finally stopped, and I realized that a small pool of blood had formed around me. Damn habit of scratching myself when I’m in pain—it was so overwhelming that my nails had dug into my skin without my noticing.
“How does it feel, little girl?” The mad man laughed as he circled me, “Are you now convinced that our way of life is better?” He wasn’t even the person Aro had assigned to take care of me.
“I doubt if she’d understand, dear Caius, but she’s had enough,” Jane said, her voice calm, her smile fake, “Aro would be mad if he found out that it was you not Marcus that took care of her.”
I didn’t answer to any of their questions or speeches, not because I didn’t have any courage left in me, but because I just couldn’t move, couldn’t talk, which was a good thing given that at that instant, I saw a pair of small, round golden eyes staring at me from behind a window.
Nessy!
But what was she doing here? She could be caught!
Run, Nessy, run! Go to Jake, go! I thought, even though no matter how hard I would try to think, she wouldn’t be able to read my mind like her father or any of the covenant.
Still, she must have gotten the message since she turned around and ran off. That was when I first noticed outside; it was grass covered and… and even without the light I could tell… I was in Edward’s and Bella’s place! I had come here once when playing hide and seek with Nessy and Jake the day after Saphira arrived, the same day that Seth kissed me at Emily’s house.
Tears welded in my eyes as the memories with Seth, Ian, and Katy-May came flooding back to me. I might never make it out alive today… I wished we had more time.
And I wish… I wish I had realized it earlier… I love you, Seth.
I closed my eyes, then was shook awake to see the vampire Aro called Marcus in front of me, the others seemed to have gone, “Hold on there. You are strong, you must hold on.” I blinked, confused by the kindness in his voice, then my lids became heavy, and I let my head fall to the ground from the exhaustion.

-NO POV-
Seth spun around to the sound of a muffled sound of a thud, followed by laughter. Kanie. He knew it was Kanie, and his thoughts were confirmed by the little girl, who wasn’t so little anymore, running towards him.
Upon her touch, everything that she saw ran through his mind. Fist clenched, at how they tortured his girl, he ran towards the direction of the voices, the covenant and several of the Cullens as well as the Spanish coven following him as Jacob wrapped his hands around the girl.
He stopped short in front of Bella’s cottage, an invisible flame going one behind those no longer innocent eyes. It was blunt; Seth Clearwater was going to make those drenched vampires pay with their own lives.
Then there Ian was, just as hungry for revenge in Kanie’s name as Seth was. One second, the vampires had snapped their head to the rustling of the branches upon the arrival, the next, Ian and his covenant blew the cottage up.
Are you crazy? Seth yelled in his mind, knowing that at least one of the covenant would be able to hear it, She’s in there!
Ian heard from Dylan, but he didn’t ever spare the boy a glance, there was no time, “It doesn’t affect living bodies,” then he ran into the remaining of the cottage, praying that the vampires were still distracted.

Part One: The Talker. The Fire starter. The Doctor
Chace was the first to find Kanie’s limp and bloody body, his breath caught as his arms circled around her head, was she dead? She couldn’t be! Anyone but her, he pleaded.
Luck was on his side for the day for when he reached to her neck, her pulse was still beating weakly under the sweat-covered skin.
“Oh my God,” Katy-May gasped, she immediately dropped her knees beside Kanie, touching her neck and slowly helping gain back her strength.
“We’ve got to get out of here,” Chace said as Kanie Park opened her eyes, “before the war starts.”
“It has already,” Kanie muttered, still not fully conscious. She was right, there was a crash and Felix of the Volturi had came hurling himself at Chace, as Jane walked in and threw her intensive gaze at Katy-May.
Screams echoed the hills as Katy-May fought the pain first-hand, while Kanie felt the same through bondage.
“Get off me,” Chace said, his eyes turning coal black, his voice steady, his gaze directly at Felix’s eyes. Felix did as told, yet not quite knowing why. Persuasion.
But when he turned to Jane, he couldn’t find a way to stop her without bearing her gaze himself, yet there was a loophole; he dropped to Kanie’s side and shook her, “Kanie! Kanie! Look into my eyes!” The girl finally stopped trashing and did as she was told, “You will close the bondage temporarily, you will not be in pain!”
Her eyes went unfocused, for a minute, Chace was worried that he might have did something wrong, but when they turned the same black color as his, he knew it worked. Kanie remained on the ground as hand closed around Jane’s ankle before she burst it into flames, enjoying the sweet revenge coming from Jane’s screams, then letting ice cover the spot preventing the part from any damage apart from permanently burnt skin.
“Damn you to hell, Jane.” Then she fell back from overtiredness, slowly letting herself regain her energy as Chace held her protectively.
“That’s not enough,” Katy-May got to her feet; her gaze became intense, her sprit slowly reaching towards Jane’s body, “she needs a taste of her own medicine.”
A tortured yell erupted from Katy-May’s mouth, but both Chace and Kanie knew that it wasn’t her… she had switched bodies with the Volturi guard.
That’s when Alec entered, “Jane?” Katy-May in Jane’s body, walked up to him, “Alec, a pleasure.”
“What is going on?” he snarled.
She didn’t answer him, “I think you have more sense than you sister, don’t you? Have you tried her gaze yet?” and with that, she turned her gaze on him, there was no intention to hurt him, but she wanted him to know his sister’s powers as well as his own.
“No!” the wail came out of Jane’s mouth, meaning that Katy-May had gone back to herself. She ran to Alec, holding him in her arms.
“We have sinned, sister, we have sinned,” if the boy could cry, he would have. He was now left with the memories of the people they have tortured to haunt him.
Bella Swan appeared by the sibling’s side, her eye wide with shock.
Katy-May walked towards the two children, a look filled with anger penetrated her face, “Bella, please take care of them, I’m not done with Jane yet for torturing Kanie yet,” Her growl was menacing, frightening Bella slightly.
Then the three friends left the room, anger towards the Volturi still boiling inside their body.

Part Two: Werewolves against Caius and Marcus
Seth Clearwater twisted on the spot; Alex had told him that the person called Marcus was the person who ordered for Kanie’s terrifying screams. A few months ago it would have been Seth guarding La Push, but now Quril is left with the job, after all, Seth needed revenge for the girl he loved.
“Marcus quickly!” a man called, then he disappeared into the woods, leaving the other bemused vampire to intake the environment. He blinked upon seeing the wolves, then he realized, with a pang to his heart, that his dear brother had just tricked him.
Running into the woods, following Caius’ direction, he knew he would never make it, but he would take down Caius once and for all even if that was the last thing he would do.
But Jacob Black was faster, he jumped, his paws reaching towards the vampire’s back as he hurl the leech to the ground, baring his teeth and throwing his head back, emitting a threatening howl.
He’s mine, Seth thought as he ran towards the struggling pair.
Later! I’ll hold him for you, but go get Caius before he escapes. Seth agreed, the plan seemed fair enough, after all, Caius didn’t look as if he had done nothing.
Paul, Embry, Leah and Brady were almost as fast as Seth was, the rest were left behind. When they finally cornered Caius, the four all jumped on the vampire at the same time, but only Seth was left with the honor of tearing the vampire into pieces.
We’ll come back to burn him later, let’s go back to Jake first, Sam thought.
Sure enough, there Jake was, the vampire underneath him had completely given up all hope for a fight. Yet when Seth approached, he was stopped by a familiar yell.
“No!” Kanie rushed towards the pack, and knelt beside Marcus instantly, “Caius is the one to take down, not Marcus!”
He pushed Jacob off the man, and bent down to look into his eyes.
“Forgive me for not stopping them, I have no power,” he tried to explain, his voice weak, if he was a human, it would be a sign that his death was near.
“I know.” She turned to the wolf she remembered as Sam, “It’s not his fault, his heart is different from the rest of them, so someone take him to somewhere safe!”
Sam retreated into the trees, then was back in his human form, “I’ll do it.”
“Thank you,” Kanie breathed.
And Jacob nodded then went back to where Nessy was now standing after following the wolves, his eyes told the little half-vampire all; “Never follow us in a hunt again.” Nessy just struck her tongue out at him.

Part Three: Death Dawns
After Amora and Avery had taken down five of the Volturi’s insignificant guards, yet injuring themselves on the process, leaving Katy-May to heal them and herself craving for human blood since it was the only thing that could fuel her.
“We have to fight together,” both the protagonist and the antagonist agreed on the subject. As Kanie turned to the pack and Cullens, Aro turned to his guards, the family that came with him was gone, completely gone, only his wife and his sister-in-law remained in Italy, patiently waiting for their husband’s return… which he had a feeling that it might never happen.
The two sides finally approached each other on the open field on top of one of the hills of Forks, confrontation was habitual, but they all knew it wouldn’t work this time.
Aro stepped forward, “We do not have to fight, just hand in this ‘covenant’ of yours,” from beside him, Lucien grinned. Kanie knew that the man was nothing but a thickheaded pig; did he not know that once everything was over, he was going to be betrayed?
“We are not doing so, Aro,” Carlisle said.
Aro nodded, “Very well.”
Saphira snorted beside Kanie, “Very well we shall fight, and I will have my revenge Aro.”
“Ah! Dear Saphira, is that you? You are truly one of a kind with your amazing beauty and—”
“Do not make me gag, fool, I hear no compliment in your words.”
Alex couldn’t help but grin, his girlfriend was gorgeous. Still, he had to be serious, “I heard what you did to her, Aro, and today I will make you sorry.”
It happened suddenly, but everything became a mess in a single second; Collin had come running towards them in his human form yelling for Katy-May to save Sam. Kanie twisted her gaze and saw the wickedly laughing Felix appear by Aro side, which only meant… Felix had killed Sam. Then Felix had lunged himself upon Collin—the easiest target—and Kanie had pushed him away, her eyes shutting as she anticipated death from the enemy vampire. But instead, she was slammed to the ground by a four-legged animal, and the vampire’s teeth met Ian’s neck and he tore the warlock’s flesh away.
That was when Kanie screamed, causing every vampire, every werewolf, every warlock to cover their ears in pain.
It was only a matter of minutes before Kanie realized that she had discovered her unknown power just as Alex discovered the ability to tell someone his feelings. Her powers was extreme force.
Her whole body was on fire, not literally, really.
“Saphira,” she panted, “control it.”
Saphira eyes widened, but Kanie didn’t wait, she released her power, throwing everyone on her side to their backs and aimed the greatest fire in history at the remaining of the Volturi.
Saphira knew what she had to do; Kanie wanted to frighten them to the core, but she didn’t want them dead. The fire changed leaving only a three meter tall circle of flames around the royal vampires, trapping them where they are.
“Covenant, here comes revenge,” Kanie said. Chace’s eyes sparkled with black fury in place of his best-friend’s death, Alex and Steven were determined, but Dylan was scared for he never experienced anything like this before.
“You should go,” Jasper spoke to the boy, “better let this experience haunt you than any other.”
“We’ll all go,” Kanie looked at Emmett, implying that she is giving him his way, they were both happy with each other, yet not even a smile could reach their lips… not with the body of an important person lying before them.
Saphira nodded, then pulled the ring of fire apart, making an entrance.
Edward was holding Demetri in an iron grip within a second.
The rest of the Cullens held the guards as Alex put a foot on Aro, “So this is called royalty, huh?”
Seth was beside Kanie, his eyes terrified by the creature she had become, but he knew that the vampires were worth it. Kanie didn’t care, her gaze landed on Felix, “Katy-May” the stricken vampire looked at her, then it was a matter of seconds before the vampire was completely in pieces before she sank to the ground exhausted from healing and fighting.
Aro looked as if he was going through epiphany.
Kanie burnt the pieces just as she did with Caius, then turned to the Volturi, “If any of you wish to suffer the same fate as Felix and Caius, tell me now.” Her voice boomed with anger towards the end.
Demetri spoke, “I… admit defeat”
Aro’s eyes widened, “Demetri! You dare?”
“Yes, I dare, I have never liked you ways, and I rather lose all dignity than fight this war for you any longer!”
Soon the ring was filled with muttering voices of surrender.
Except from Aro.
“What do you have to say, Aro?” Saphira asked, her voice cool and powerful.
Aro laughed, “Oh dear Saphira. The day I met you I knew that you had potential, but of course you ran away before I knew what you powers were!” he clucked his tongue, “Don’t you think that if you had joined me, we could have won this war, we could have lived a powerful and happy life?”
“You disgust me, leech,” Jacob had entered with Nessy close behind, it was no doubt the little girl had beat him into coming.
“Same as I, everything about you only makes me want to gag,” Shapira’s lips twisted, “Rape, murder; just your voice is enough to disgust me! After being turned I had tried everything to get you off me, I had scrubbed myself until I thought I saw red on my forever-pale skin, I had tried to drown in attempt to wash away memories of you, but nothing, nothing helped!”
“One thing will,” Kanie interrupted, “your death and do not worry, I will make sure your wife will not mourn your death.”
“My dear girl, don’t be silly,” Aro started, Seth cut in with a growl but the old man chose to ignore it, “do you know what my death will cause?” he didn’t wait for an answer, “Catastrophe! All around the world, vampires will misbehave thinking that there will be no one to blame them when they break a law! For centuries we have been there to make this world a better place, to help humans co-exist with vampires!” Saphira’s eyes widened, she turned to glance at Edward, who had his eyes on the ground. Emmett cracked his knuckles, signaling that he didn’t like talking. He turned to Saphira, “My dear I had big dreams with you, how you could punish the male vampires and reward—”
Alex cut him off with a hiss. There was a futuristic sound of a high-intensity pitch and Aro was throw back, stopping right before the borderline of the fire.
“You planned to use her?”
“It was the perfect plan! Don’t act as if you won’t use the young girl standing right here!” Seth had enough, he jumped on the bloodsucker, his mouth aiming at the throat, but Kanie threw her arms around him before he could kill the vampire.
“Daft man. Do you not think that I have thought of this?” Kanie asked. Everyone stared at her, “When you are gone, your defeater will take the place of ‘King,’ you were alive during the 16th century, weren’t you? Surely you must know how it works.”
Leah stepped forward, giving Kanie a look of appreciation. But it was a wrong move; Aro growled and launched himself at the wolf, drawing blood as his finger tore on her flesh. Lucien grabbed his chance and flung himself in the path of Seth, as Emmett launched himself into the middle of everything, causing the ground to shatter from the collision.
“Saphira, kill him now!” Steven yelled, everyone had been holding back in order to give Saphira her rightful revenge, and she gladly took it as Emmett and Chace got the satisfaction of destroying the traitor warlock.
Kanie picked up a piece of Aro’s disembodied body, and lit it on fire, then she dropped it in front of Demetri—now the biggest position of the guards since the rest of the Volturi were dead—“Here is your hero, is there anyone else?”
Silence.
“Good. So from now on, your Aro, Marcus, and Caius will be replaced by Saphira, Avery, and Amora.”
The three vampires snapped their gaze towards the witch, Alex’s eyes widening with joy.
“You will follow their every command, you will change your ways to adapt with them, and you will never betray them. If you do not do any of what I have just said, you will face this war again, but our number will double, and yours will be just this. Am I understood?”
Demetri nodded, “Yes, and we will be of your service whenever is needed as well.” Kanie looked into the vampire’s eyes, her childish self came flooding back into her; she had been acting mature throughout the war, and now it was time for her sympathy and kindness to return. Demetri meant it, she knew that well, and she also knew that he had been misjudged for long enough.
She turned to Saphira, “And you will make a good queen in Volturra… with Alex by your side.” It would mean that she would have to lose Alex, but it was a sacrifice she was willing to make.
“Thank you,” Saphira replied.
Kanie forced a smile that did not reach her eyes, “Well, that also means that you will be the one to clean the Volturi mess.”
Saphira mocked a pout, as Kanie set the ring of fire on ice, then let it shatter to the ground, giving them fresh air to breathe again.
After Kanie was confirmed again that Seth and Leah were going to be alright, her hand and Katy-May’s intertwined as Alex and Emmett helped carry the injured wolves back to Emily’s place, while Chace, Steven and Dylan accompanied the two girls to visit their dearest friend for the last time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Loong Update. Phew. OKAY was it CRAP? Tell me honestly? It's my first time at writing a war scene, it should be crap *head hurts* OK I'm going. Oh wait, I couldn't introduce back the characters of Breaking Dawn (I might later on) because it made the Volturi awefully outnumbered.

I'm generally good at writing with no POV, but for some reason, this turned out bad :(
Love,
Em

P.S. Katy-May *sings* I'm going to dedicate the next chapter to you, so don't you cry yet.

P.P.S THREE STARS! AND FOUR PAGES ON MC! NOW SUBSCRIBE + COMMENT! GET MY FOUR STARS!!!!!