Status: Completed

Trust or Kill

Chapter 23: A Katy-May Special

~From Katy-May’s POV~
We were walking on a blood-drenched field. Everything seemed red; the grass, the sky, the sun, the trees, everything. I wondered how the people have fought, how Emmett ripped those of the Volturi apart, how Dylan had stood all this.
As we passed Jasper and Emmett, I noticed that the both of them had a good deal more battle scares. Well, Jasper was still good looking with all of it, but I had never expected to see Emmett with so many of them.
Kanie herself had a slashed scare on her cheek, one that I will help heal once I regained my power. Seth, who was on all fours, seemed to be limping. Both Steven and Alex were definitely bruised and bloody. Dylan and Chace had a better fate, but even Dylan had a ripped lip and crimson red substances all over his teeth, Chace had a huge bruise on his neck, so big that I wondered how he even survived that blow from Felix.
Then there he was.
My whole world seemed to have fallen apart; it wasn’t that I wasn’t happy for the way everything turned out for Alex, Saphira, and everyone else. It’s just that… I don’t know how, but I seemed to have felt for Ian more than I should have. It’s not that I love him, not that I wanted to steal him from Kanie, but I just felt different towards the end.
And when I saw the blood drenched remains of him, I knew there was only thing I could do to make everything, to make Kanie smiling again… even if it meant my life because it would take a lot of my power away.
I ran towards the body, conjuring up every strength I could mange. Upon touching his face, I knew that it would kill me, which is exactly what it did or should have done, but at least I saw him slowly opening his eyes after a long sleep before I fell to the ground, powerless and nearly dead.

“No she can’t be dead, she’s a vampire,” I heard Kanie’s terribly familiar voice, then I felt something being poured into my mouth; delicious, sweet, succulent human blood… probably a B. If Kanie had knew that I enjoyed drinking her blood group, she would definitely scream and run from me. I wanted to laugh at the thought, but I couldn’t. I couldn’t move, couldn’t breath.
“With a very exquisite nature, I don’t think I’ve even seen one with green eyes!” that must be Carlisle. But how could they know my eyes were green if they’re closed?
“Urgh. She’s not dead, look at her, her eyes are moving so stop trying to make me worried,” w-was t-that ROSALIE?
I heard someone from the sofa rise, “We have no time, we have to save her,” Ian said.
“How?” The same soothing voice of Kanie’s came.
“Through our bondage with her.”
“Wait, you aren’t saying that you bonded with her when she saved your life, are you?”
“I am.”
I should have know better, Ian was Kanie’s old love, it would be impossible for Kanie to let him go in such a short period.
But if I was dead, why exactly could I hear them?
I felt two different hands touch my arm; the only problem was that they were extremely hot. In fact, they got hotter by every second.
I screamed, the feeling as if I have been burned by fire, but then ice came, it was a relief at first, but then it became cold, too cold, so painful.
“Stop! What are you doing?” somehow Rosalie’s yell made it to my mind, it cut through all senses of pain, and maybe it was the thing that made my eyes flash open.
Still, there they were, Ian, Kanie, Seth, Edward, Carlisle, Rosalie, Emmett, etc. Well, okay, I have to admit that even though it seemed stupid, I immediately laughed crazily. I can’t see why not? Because Emmett had already gone to pounce on the new ‘un-breakable’ couch he re-paid to Rosalie, singing “Baby Katy-May is alive, baby Katy-May is alive”. Rosalie glared at her husband, which immediately reminded me of the prank I had put on hold.
For anything but healing, I didn’t need much power to conjure up, so I just did it; I switched their souls, then struck my tongue out to the bemused duo; Katy and le Seth. Ian was even more confused than anyone else in the room.
“How come Katy is so hyper after just being re-evoked?” Seth asked Kanie, she just shook her head and grinned.
“Scary Katy-May,” Jacob muttered a little too loudly that I gave him a deserving kick. Truth was, I felt hyper, really, really hyper, which meant…
Kanie fell into Ian’s arms. Ouch. I felt a pang of guilty envy.
“Hey, hey, hands off my girlfriend, dude,” Seth growled.
Ian raised an eyebrow, “She never really got that part clear.”
Great. Two guys fighting over Kanie.
I huffed.
Then Ian turned to me, and handed Kanie to Seth.
Out from the corner of my eye, I saw everyone superstitiously walk away.
“So? Came around finally huh, hero?” he asked, digging his hands into his pockets.
“Yeah, thanks to you, I think.”
He nodded, “Volturi’s defeated. Jane and her brother are locked up…” he paused, “far away from you,” he added.
“Anyone died?”
His head lowered, gazing at the floor, “I didn’t tell Kanie yet, but Sam was surrounded by three of the anonymous Volturi guards that must have fled back to Volturra already… he died trying to protect Marcus as Kanie pleaded for.”
“Don’t put it that way when you tell her that, she’ll blame herself.”
“In a ways it was her fault, I still don’t see why Marcus is worth it.”
“Everyone is worth as second chance. So no one else I hope?”
Ian shifted uncomfortably, “Collins didn’t make it as well… when Kanie pushed him away, one other Volturi guard had tried to attack Seth from behind, Collins saved him, died in the process.”
I blinked, then smiled sadly, “These two are a match, aren’t they? They’d just blame themselves.”
“Yeah.”
So what about us?
“I don’t know you tell me,” Ian grinned.
I frowned, “Wait, how did you know what I was thinking?”
Ian shrugged, but he still that grin on his face, “Not my fault you made me bond with you when you save me.” I seriously wanted to wiped that grin out of his face.
“Well, you can do that easy,” he said.
“How?” I asked.
Kiss me.
And I did.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dedicated to the wonderful Stephanie-Beth!

Now, COMMENT + SUBSCRIBE!

Love ya,
Em