Status: Completed

Trust or Kill

Chap 4: They are discussing if they should kill me

~KANIE PARK~
Something was going on downstairs. A heated discussion.
I lay on my bed and stared at the ceiling, unable to get any sleep due to the voices that sounded like odd whispers.
After having dinner, I found Tom and Jacob arguing with Seth and Leah. And I had a bad feeling that this was about me.
When I couldn’t stand not being nosy any longer, I got up and crept to the door then push my ear to the wall. The conversation was muffled, but I could still hear a bit.
“She isn’t Bella, Seth,” a voice that sounded a lot like Jacob said. I concentrated harder, “Edward told me he got a good look of her mind, she is a pure journalist. If she finds out, she’ll tell!”
“Jacob’s right,” Tom agreed, “think about the trouble it would cause you clan and mine. Not to mention the Cullens. We’ll only have to Volturi coming after us.”
I heard Seth then, “Screw the Volturi, man! If this news gets out, it wouldn’t be any of our business, we will take no blame.”
Leah snickered, “And it could be fun to provoke them… especially that Jane I got a good look of last time.”
Jacob’s voice became pleading, “You wouldn’t want to endanger Bella, would you? And Esme and Chalisle, they took care of us for a while too. Then there’s Renesme-“
Seth cut him off abruptly, “It wasn’t me who imprinted on her.”
Imprint! So what Seth said was true? Only how could it be? Imprinting was only a myth.
Jacob obviously couldn’t contain his temper anymore, “And you haven’t imprinted on this girl, have you? I’d bet once you imprint on someone, this girl would be meaningless!”
Seth’s voice was cool and calm, “No I wouldn’t imprint on someone else and then forget about her,” I would have admired his maturity if it wasn’t for the fact that he was talking about me.
Leah laughed, “He’s in love, commander,” she said in a dreamy voice, “I doubt if he would hear any of your reasons out.”
Commander. The word was another piece of jigsaw
I heard Tom sighed, “Seth it isn’t wise to fall in love with someone before you imprint.”
Leah snorted, “Yeah, look what happened to me,” despite her best efforts, I could hear the hurt in her voice. “And Bella,” Jacob added in, “but of course, she’s got Edward, she doesn’t need me. Not that I still have feelings for her,” I could even hear the eye roll in his tone.
So Jacob used to love Bella before he “imprinted” on her daughter. Man, this was f*cking confusing.
“Off topic,” Seth growled.
Leah and Tom sighed at the same time, “The point is that once she knows about us and Cullens, there will be nothing to stop her from releasing the truth.” Tom explained, “And we probably won’t be able to live in Forks any longer… actually; we won’t be able to live anywhere. You have to understand that if,” he emphasized the if, “she discovers our identity and poses a great threat… we’d have no choice but to kill her.”
I heard a feminine gasp that was Sue’s, “Can’t we just ask her to keep a secret?”
“Edward said-“
Seth cut him off, “Edward said this, Edward said that. Screw him for a minute will you, man? He can read people’s minds but he can’t read her whole past, she probably was only thinking in terms of journalism when she saw him.”
My breath caught. They said Edward could read minds. How was that possible?
“Sure, sure,” Jacob said without interest, “but she doesn’t know us, Seth, she knows Mike Newton,” I heard disgusted in the last bit, “there’s nothing to stop her from releasing the truth.”
“There is the freaking fact that she’s in love with you,” Seth yelled, “She’s so god dammed in love with you she couldn’t take her eyes off you yesterday! I can’t stop thinking about her, but thanks to you, she wouldn’t even give me a freaking chance!”
The room went silent except for the footsteps that sounded like someone angry heading upstairs… Seth.
I ran back to my bed and tugged myself in but didn’t bother to sleep. I couldn’t think about anything, not even how much I have accomplished by eavesdropping just then. All I could think about was what Seth had said… he couldn’t stop thinking about me… and I wouldn’t give him a chance.
That was the impossible.
Even more impossible than the idea of werewolves and mind readers in La Push. No one ever falls in love with me, no one will ever “imprint” one me or even look twice at me.
I heard a door opening and closing, Jacob and Tom must have left. The next thing I knew, I heard Leah’s and Sue’s voice coming from the stairways.
“Mom,” Leah whispered, “I think Seth’s done it. He’s imprinted on her.”
“Why would you think that?”
“He loves Jacob, Tom, Bella, Edward, the Cullens, and the rest of the pack, he wouldn’t say a word against them for a girl her barely knows. He’s also been acting weird after he first lay eyes on her. It’s like he’s not Seth anymore, he’s Edward Cullen instead,” I heard her distaste.
“Then why didn’t he tell us? If he had imprinted on her, then she has the right to know.”
Leah laughed, her voice was getting fainter. I sat up and struggled to listen, “Well first, he knows Kanie’s style. She would think that Seth loves her because he was forced to by imprintment, even though imprinting doesn’t work like that. But he knows she wouldn’t listen.” She smirked and then sighed. I could imagine a bit of what had happened between her and Tom. “Second,” she continued, “he thinks that if he tells her, or shows her, what he is, she’ll be scared and run away, and HE’S scared of losing her.”
“Well, will Kanie do that?” I could barely hear Sue now.
“I don’t know,” Leah said. The rest became silent history.
Seth Clearwater… Assuming that this imprinting exist, Leah is saying that Seth Clearwater imprinted on me. A girl like me.
No, it can’t be.
Leah must have gotten the wrong idea.

I awoke the next day at six in the morning.
I had dreamt about Seth the previous night, and I knew what I now want.
The truth, all of it.
I hadn’t given up, and I never will. I want to see what Edward, Jacob or Tom will do, I want to find out the truth…
Then I’ll have my story.
If it was bad enough for the people to discuss whether I should be killed over it, then everyone should know about it. A risky job, I know. But now that I’ve seen Jacob’s insides, I know he wasn’t the person I thought he was, and I wouldn’t get out of my way to do anything for him. Or maybe that was just what I’m trying to tell myself.
Oh shit, I really like Jake too much.
Then there’s Seth… maybe I would do something for Seth, since he had been nothing but kind to me… but I wouldn’t think of Seth now.
I have the truth to discover.
Even if it puts my life in jeopardy.

~SETH CLEARWATER~
I couldn’t sleep that night.
Confession, I was worried. I knew I liked Kanie a lot, more than liked. I can’t just sit around and let Tom discuss her death like that.
But she was going too far, I didn’t want her to know too much about us. Because, bottom line, the what Jacob said was right, if she release the news we would have nowhere to stay, nowhere to go. We would all die eventually, and our parents would be sick with worry.
I lost dad, I can never do that to mom.
I know Kanie is a good person, if she finds out we can just talk to her and she will keep a secret. I know… unless she’s been provoked. I felt and electric shock go through me.
My body acted on its own account, I sat up quickly.
Shit, how could I not have thought about that? Man, she heard, she must have! We were too loud!
Urgh. If Jacob knew that she had overheard us, she would dead for sure. I had learned to keep my thoughts to myself when I’m transformed.
Then it hit me.
I could transform and follow Kanie’s scent. I suddenly shivered. The thought brought back the images of last night, how close we had been. I knew that if I had just let my lip touch hers, even slightly, she would have given me a chance.
Man, why did Leah chose that time to come charging in? I swear she saw me enter, and she must have known what was going on.
I sighed and opened my window.
Jumping out, I quickly took off my clothes and turn into my wolf form. I would keep my mind blank incase Jacob or Leah was in their wolf forms too, but I knew where I was heading. Her sweet scent was strong in the air.
I set off to search for her, spy on her, keep her safe. And I was doing it because… I cared for her. I wasn’t not a kid anymore, and that minute, I was so sure of my feelings for Kanie Park.
I loved her.
And it wasn’t because of my fate.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sooo did or did NOT Seth imprint on Kanie?

Sorry you won't find out any time soon.